Some Gear No Idea - First Grow Under CFLs & LED - Candida CBD Strain

So took some better pics as had to move them round to give the other girl some time near the CFL light as they seem to be enjoying it. I'm one proud daddy right now .
420-magazine-mobile915874267.jpg
420-magazine-mobile264883616.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2032640723.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1928863826.jpg

Another day, another battle with humidity. Either there's something I'm not grasping or it's just bloody difficult to control.

I let fresh air in, humidity goes down but so does the temp as it's very cold outside. Low temps are danger zones!

If I keep just passive vents open so fresh air can get in but slowly, the temps are stable (between 20-25c) however humidity then goes up .

I have 2 dehumidifier (1 inside tent and other outside tent), there def working as I'm emptying them every couple of days.

I also have those dehumidifier bags dotted inside and outside the tent.

I have my exhaust pumping old air outside through a vent, and I have 3x 7-inch fans pushing air in various directions, along with a 4-inch intake fan

During there "daytime" I open a bottom passive vent in the tent aswell.

Humidity is varying between 40-60%

Ah such a headache! .

Whereabouts are your intake and exhaust lines mate?

Morning bro, exhaust is in tent top left corner , ducting comes out and to a vent, will get a pic of it later. Ducting isn't very long tho and no bends in it. And intake is in bottom left (you can just about see it in the pic with the big CFL it's the small black fan under that with red blades).

The intake fan doesn't have ducting going outside tho, it just pulls in air from the room if that makes sense. The shed has passive vents tho around it which I leave open to let fresh air in.

Hello mate, I've read and looked at your pics and hope I've got an idea of what you've got.

Heat rises (sorry if you know all of this and are doing it already) so the hottest part of your tent will be the top of it near the light. This is where you're exhaust/air out line should be.

Similarly (what I was just about to send you!!!!!)

Hang on will have a think ;)

Without getting a more powerful exhaust, I'd try turning off the dehumidifier either on the outside or the inside. Was a naughty f***** at school but vaguely think osmosis (why I remember this but nothing else puzzles me) might be the answer.

Your grow area is cold. The tent is cold. All air coming in is cold. Water vapour is held in hot air which is generated by your grow tent. The cold air searches for this and makes it more humid.

No. Don't think this will work, will only make it worse!!

Have you tried a heater on the outside of the tent but in the shed? Try and get some warmer air pushed in?

Apart from that have a prune if you can, I like a low humidity towards the end of flowering and it helps

Some Gear No Idea - First Grow Under CFLs & LED - Candida CBD Strain

And maybe try and get the fans down lower but angled up so they're still getting your plants but pushing more air up towards the exhaust

Thanks bro yeh I'll try moving the fans lower aiming upwards see if that helps. The LED light has it's own fans pushing heat upwards which is helpful.

The heater is on outside of tent mate, as won't fit inside. I keep the temp outside the tent as near to 20c as pos

One thing I've changed today is I've plugged in my Rhino filter to my exhaust which may help looking at the size difference (Rhino on right and old filter on left).

Pic of my exhaust system aswell. Will be interesting to see if this makes a difference I'm hoping it will as I know high humidity is bad when in flower.

I would move the tent indoors but our place is a 1-bed. I don't really have anywhere to put it . and they won't fit in the wardrobe anymore lol

420-magazine-mobile1812155966.jpg
420-magazine-mobile294719673.jpg
420-magazine-mobile305128039.jpg

You're doing brilliant mate, the weather is a nuisance here so I know your troubles. My first grows were in a homemade shed so I feel your pain.

What is your humidity at? You've got the air flow so I don't think you'll have to worry about mould if it's relatively low

Cheers bud, well I'll go back out in an hour and see if it's any better.

I have a few readings lol

58% in the pots

40% around the flower area

48% outside the tent

Although will see if it's any different now Rhino filter is fitted (hope so!)

I haven't seen it go passed 60% so that's something!

I'm watering them as early in there day time as pos so any water on them is dried by the time lights are out, and my fans/exhaust/inlet are now on 24/7 to keep air going round.

40 is ok, you'll be fine mate. You've got the air flow down so that shouldn't be a problem. I know what you're going through though. It won't be logic that solves it but a wave of pure ingenuity on your part (you know your garden, people would say to me 'why don't you buy this or that piece of equipment' but if they're not in there they haven't got the 'feel' of it like you have if you're in it every day)

Don't know how much you water but would try to avoid everyday or two days to try and get that humidity that little bit lower. And I don't know how you feel about defoliation but it will help too.

If you can be bothered (quite risky if you can't put it back together!) there is a way of getting a little bit more out of your exhaust.

Undo the box on said exhaust and you'll see the wires and whatnot. Take off the further casing (will void your warranty ;) to reveal the flange/fan holder screws. Undo these and reverse the flange. Then put the fan back together and put it onto your filter backwards. Don't know why but makes it work better ;)

40 is ok, you'll be fine mate. You've got the air flow down so that shouldn't be a problem. I know what you're going through though. It won't be logic that solves it but a wave of pure ingenuity on your part (you know your garden, people would say to me 'why don't you buy this or that piece of equipment' but if they're not in there they haven't got the 'feel' of it like you have if you're in it every day)

Don't know how much you water but would try to avoid everyday or two days to try and get that humidity that little bit lower. And I don't know how you feel about defoliation but it will help too.

If you can be bothered (quite risky if you can't put it back together!) there is a way of getting a little bit more out of your exhaust.

Undo the box on said exhaust and you'll see the wires and whatnot. Take off the further casing (will void your warranty ;) to reveal the flange/fan holder screws. Undo these and reverse the flange. Then put the fan back together and put it onto your filter backwards. Don't know why but makes it work better ;)

Thanks bro that's a really helpful tip. I may give that a go if the Rhino doesn't help.

Haha very true although with not sleeping my brain isn't quite in full power! I'll get a red bull tomorrow and give it a jump start ..

Yeh I'd be happy if I could keep it at a steady 40% all over. But to be fair even if they where indoors our humidity isn't much better we have to have a dehumidifier on. We're hopefully moving in the new year so will have a bit more room hopefully be able to have it indoors then or gets better shed!

Well lowering the fans did seem to help . the Rhino is allowing my fan to pump out a tonne more air for sure as felt the duct and it's blowing loads more!

Humidity bit lower now in pots reading is

54% in pots (was 58%)

Around flower 39%

Outside tent still same 48%

420-magazine-mobile43566599.jpg

Woohoo!! Glad to hear it buddy ;) hope you get a sound nights sleep

Love to see some pics of lights off to compare to mine

My big Candy may get harvested today if all her seeds are developed, I'll have pics later on my thread

Back
Top Bottom