Sour Diesel #8 Indoor, 2x600W - Soil - FF Nutes

Re: Sour Diesel #8 indoor, 2x600w, soil, FF nutes

ahh very coo. do u put the buds in the bag when they are crisp on outside but still moist in middle?

ahh very coo. do u put the buds in the bag when they are crisp on outside but still moist in middle?

exactly! still a little flex to the stem, by tomorrow that should be gone, and saturday they will be done drying.

:Rasta:High Van Diesel!

I must say, very impressive what you have growin on here! This isn't a perpetual grow,It's perpetual beauty:welldone:

Questions for you if you don't mind
on your soil mix you are using
3-1 pro mix over ffof (first time)
adding 1 part cinder (or perlite) per 3 parts soil (is that just the soil or the soil and ffof?) 3 parts PM 1 Part ffof 1 Part perlite.
Dolimite lime basically nuetralizes the soils ph, right? What would be the measurements of dolimite lime for the 3-1 mix above?
I'm not sure about the green sand so I'll have to research, Thanks :)

Also, Have you ever used vermiculite for water retention and release? What are your thoughts? Do you think this would (or could) cause root problems with moisture(root rot, gnats, larvae, or a deficiency)?

Thanks brother

Sorry for the delay, just coming back up for air after a crazy few days, but I'll get to this question in just a little bit.
:peace:

Anyone want to come over for lunch?

11_7_1_001.jpg

11_7_1_003.jpg

11_7_003.jpg

:Rasta:High Van Diesel!

I must say, very impressive what you have growin on here! This isn't a perpetual grow,It's perpetual beauty:welldone:

Questions for you if you don't mind
on your soil mix you are using
3-1 pro mix over ffof (first time)
adding 1 part cinder (or perlite) per 3 parts soil (is that just the soil or the soil and ffof?) 3 parts PM 1 Part ffof 1 Part perlite.
Dolimite lime basically nuetralizes the soils ph, right? What would be the measurements of dolimite lime for the 3-1 mix above?
I'm not sure about the green sand so I'll have to research, Thanks :)

Also, Have you ever used vermiculite for water retention and release? What are your thoughts? Do you think this would (or could) cause root problems with moisture(root rot, gnats, larvae, or a deficiency)?

Thanks brother

Again, sorry for being so slow getting back on this. I use 1 part cinder to 3 parts soil, regardless of the soil/soil-less mix. This is kind of a fluffer in my mind, its actually more to add some air and subtract some from the mediums moisture retention a little, while maintaining the same available space for the roots. This is to increase the frequency of required watering (and add to some available O2). Without the "fluff" I would likely water only once a week/maybe 5 days at the end of flowering cycle. The fluff helps cut that down some, hopefully hitting my ideal of 2x a week watering during the last ~3 weeks of flower. I like to have the option of re-using my soil mix either for grow room in a pinch or more ideally for outdoor vegetable/flower gardening, and from what I've read vermiculite turns to mush after a couple (maybe one?) use. Perlite is more durable and more of an "air" holder than moisture, more like cinder, so for what I am after as far as a fluffer, perlite would be the better substitute.

Yeah, the lime is just extra buffer from PH, Pro-Mix already has some in there , but I still always put 1tbsp per 5gal soil/cinder mix. When I recycle the soil I do the same thing, and never had anything go wrong.

hope a little of this helps. Hit me back anytime with questions if I still didn't make it clear, I'll try to be more prompt! Keep in mind tho, I am a stoner...lol ;)
Aloha brother

Nice grow man,
They look very tasty to say the least!
Nice pics...

Aloha and Mahalo! What I lack in variety I try to make up for with quality...lol! :grinjoint:

Bud of the Month????

Many Mahalos Sistah! (thats right, now I know better than to call you braddah). I actually did put it in the nug of the month contest today just for fun, but guarantee someone is going to post a real pretty purple bud thats going to win, or maybe an outdoor behemoth (tis the season) . Still, fun to put it in there and show off a little. More people should, seems like low #'s lately, but great stuff!!
Much Aloha!

Quick update- Still dealing with the PM, still hasn't gotten bad but the peroxide treatments every few days is getting a little old, so I am upping my game! Just got back from the store with a Bottle of Seranade (the stuff with Bacillus subtilus, the mildew eating bacteria). Also found out the hard way that often times thrips and PM go hand in hand (if you ever get PM, check for thrips too, and vice-versa). I treated for the thrips with Fox Farms Dont Bug Me insect spray, active ingredient-pyrethrum (chrysanthemum extract). VERY effective so far, kills on contact. I treated 3 days ago and nearly all gone, one or two more treatments and hopefully thats it. I'll let ya'll know how the Serenade does over the next few days/week, but its supposed to be the bomb! Been holding off on putting the next batch into flower until getting everything a little more under control, and that happens today, so they go into flower later today. Yay!! that will put them almost exactly 4 weeks behind the other batch. The new clones are all good and will be ready in plenty of time before the next harvest, so everythings still on track. I'll try to get pics up later.
Aloha

OK, PM treatment done and it looked cool, sprayed it on and it just melted it right off and left a clean looking leaf surface. I now have my new batch loaded in the flower room, stoked on that. Still all the SD. I've scaled down the pot size again with the new batch, they are all in 2.5g pots, plus they vegged to about 16" before switch, so smaller pots with bigger starts. Still looking for the best watering frequency obviously. Also added to my nutrient arsenal today, got FF's granular trio- Open Sesame (5-45-19), Beastie Bloomz (0-50-30), and Cha Ching (9-50-10), so I'll be adding that to their diet on the next feedings just going by the FF planned feeding schedule.

Anyway, here's some kinda poorly color corrected pics from the flower room today before lights out.
New batch, day 1-
11_8_004.jpg

whole flower room, 29 days on the right, day 1 left-
11_8_001.jpg

couple tops at 29 days-
11_8_002.jpg

11_8_003.jpg

I'll get better pics of the older girls the next day or two, plus the new clones (they've established enough to show a little fresh growth starting).
Pakaloha!

Had a little more time to get better pics today.

3 sour d and 5 purple nurple clones- 1 week

11_9_002.jpg

Sour D at 30 days (and post heavy Serenade PM treatment)-

11_9_003.jpg

11_9_004.jpg

11_9_005.jpg

11_9_005-1.jpg

and a couple group pics 30 seconds after lights out-

11_9_007.jpg

11_9_008.jpg

So, all's mostly well and certainly moving forward again.
Much Aloha To Everyone!!

Anyone want to come over for lunch?

I'll be right over my friend

Nice setup and frosty buds Van I have posted a link to your grow in some intro threads welcoming new members as I think they would be well served reading your journal. Thanks for the positive attitude and valuable journal info you so freely share with all members and readers.
BTW on the electric front I live in New England and am probably paying exactly the rate you quote :thanks:

Did someone say lunch?
:surf::surf::surf: Be right over! Absolutely beautiful :yummy: I agree, nug of the month:)

Mahalo! :thanks:

Thanks for the input on the soil, seems that simpler is better for some:) I'm using ffof/perlite 3:1 with nothing else. I'm still researching and asking questions and will prolly stay on the simple side of things but it's nice to get a different view from other folks, that's what's great about this site. Also considering hempy or rockwool but still not sure if it's as low maintenance as soil. I'm kind of a busy person and sometimes don't have the time to stay on top of a high mainenance system

Hope you don't mind if I lurk around awhile:peace:

first, you aren't a lurker, you are participating and I really appreciate that! :thanks:again!
Totally, the simpler the better, especially starting out. For first time/new growers I would actually suggest starting with the Pro-Mix BX rather than the FF. The reason for this is I believe its the best available neutral+ grow medium (not technically soil), the + part includes Mycorise Pro. This is a mycorrhizal inoculum that colonizes/attaches to the plants root system and benefit the plant by increasing water and nutrient uptake. Its basically the beneficial fungi from earthworm castings, but without the poop. FF has the earthworm castings and other nutes built into it, and its all great stuff, but in my mind starting out Pro-Mix (nutrient free) was step 1, step 2 is/was a mix, and 3 is FF all the way. Its kinda like the old surf movie "North Shore" where the kid was forced to ride the oldest and simplest board first, and couldn't move on to the next one until he mastered it. Seems like so many ppl just want to just jump right on a 6' thruster and go for it. I do think starting with FF is reasonable, its a great product, I just chose to start with ProMix first. Actually the one thing I am noticing with a few pots that I have just FF (and cinder) is it seems a little harder to water than the promix or promix/ff mix. It seems to form water channels a lot when I put the first bit of water on and I wind up with a lot more spill out than with the promix (with promix I almost never have any spill out until its enirely saturated). I wind up having to do an even slower than usual watering to make sure I dont leave dry spots in the soil.

Sorry, very rambling I know. My excuse is the WW I have been smoking..lol :)
I'll stop now (for another bong rip at least..LMAO)

I'll be right over my friend

Cool, I'll set a place for you at the bong! ;)

Nice setup and frosty buds Van I have posted a link to your grow in some intro threads welcoming new members as I think they would be well served reading your journal. Thanks for the positive attitude and valuable journal info you so freely share with all members and readers.

Mahalo again for such a compliment, I'll try to be of as much help as I can!!

BTW on the electric front I live in New England and am probably paying exactly the rate you quote :thanks:

Oh, I'm sorry! I guess we share a pain that others might not comprehend!! LMAO :rofl::rofl:

Much Aloha!

Wow that sour D at 30 days is crazy looking!

:thanks::thanks: they are really starting to do their thing now, I love this perpetual trip, just finish one harvest and already have new lovelies to admire!

Heres a pic of one of the girls that just went into flower 2 days ago, she's cranking new growth on every branch-

11_10_002.jpg

If I can keep them at 1"/day growth for the next two weeks I'll hit my target height of about 30"

Hey there Van D!

Smoke some more of that WW and ramble on:)
I swear I need a scalpel to dissect your posts brother.

Thanks for the input and help, you're makin me research stuff and I like what I'm reading.:reading420magazine:

I found a site today where they say the Pro-mix contains agents to stabilize the ph levels (measure of acidity) at 5.5-5.7 thus eliminating the problem of ph levels of the water which is crucial to indoor growing.

In other words, as long as you use promix you don't have to understand anything about PH, EC, or PPM They are stating FACT that you only need to know when to water and feed. Your Thoughts? Is this true or not? balancing water has been a pain in the....At least until I got my digi meter, but not having to check or balance PH in the water sounds too good to be true.

I will continue my research but would definitly like to hear what you think about this. In the

I'm sure there could be more extreme PH level water/solutions that are outside the range that the promix can handle, but yes, luckily my water and/or nute solutions seem to be in range of what it can handle. The water I use is rainwater catchment, which pure rainwater tends to be I think naturally high PH, plus there are volcanic emissions that are acidic. The water does go thru a 2 micron filter and UV filter, but I'm sure its PH is still a bit up there at the faucet. FF liquid trio is suspended in a pretty low PH'ed solution/concentrate, so this should bring it down a bit I figured, but I still give them plenty straight tap water without adjusting PH. If I had the cash I would definitely get a good PH meter, but the ones I would want are over a couple bills. For now I feel safe enough tho!

Mahalos for encouraging the ramble in me!! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom