Spidermites after using pesticides

farmthekush

Hello everyone..

I used a certain pesticides from a friend to remove the mites but it seems to not work.. as i looked at a branch removed from the plant with a microscope i started seeing them .. more and more... not really big but big enough for the naked eye..

what should i do to remove them forever??

i can't decide what to do .. i heard about neem oil but im flowering already so won't it stink up my flowers? :|

thanks everyone and happy growing :Namaste:

unfortunately, once you get them they really never go away forever. keeping things clean helps. making them uncomfortable also helps keep pop's under control. there are a lot of options. how long into flower? do you have a CO2 bottle? neem isn't so bad up to about a week before harvest.. you can also add 99% isopropal alcohol to it for extra kick.

The neem, pyrethrin, Azatrol stuff works pretty well and is supposed to be safe right till the end. The smell goes away really quick.
I've heard very good things from trusted growers about Nutrilife SM-90. It should be safe and non-stinky.

No matter what you pick, mites are never a one shot deal. You have to follow up with multiple treatements to get adults, eggs, and larvae.

Do not have a co2 bottle.
im week 3 day 4 you can check my journal here

I don't want to buy any product for this.. i want this the easy natural way now since i already get pesticide a chance..
my friend used garlic spray , what do you guys think about that?

Spidermites after using pesticides..

Hello everyone..

I used a certain pesticides from a friend to remove the mites but it seems to not work.. as i looked at a branch removed from the plant with a microscope i started seeing them .. more and more... not really big but big enough for the naked eye..

what should i do to remove them forever??

i can't decide what to do .. i heard about neem oil but im flowering already so won't it stink up my flowers? :|

thanks everyone and happy growing :Namaste:

Try neem oil. It won't kill them but it will stop the reproduction, when the current generation dies off they're gone. I've heard you can use neem pretty close to harvest or mild dish soap with water spray, also wash your buds before the final trimming. Doc Bud has a method.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Try neem oil. It won't kill them but it will stop the reproduction, when the current generation dies off they're gone. I've heard you can use neem pretty close to harvest or mild dish soap with water spray, just wash your buds before the final trimming. Doc Bud has a method.

Actually heard smell changes after doc bud method so i rather not do that.. but i think i will hose them a bit for sure to get rid of most of the crap.

so looks like i have to order a product against them or i will be in a huge problem..
does alchoal really work? and how do which soap to buy? i heard you need soft soap so it won't damage the plants..

thanks for fast responses.. i really appreciate it guys.:thumb:

Actually heard smell changes after doc bud method so i rather not do that.. but i think i will hose them a bit for sure to get rid of most of the crap.

so looks like i have to order a product against them or i will be in a huge problem..
does alchoal really work? and how do which soap to buy? i heard you need soft soap so it won't damage the plants..

thanks for fast responses.. i really appreciate it guys.:thumb:

No problem! Just your mild dish soap, Dawn in low concentration mix. You could still use Neem. Honestly I have not tried Doc Buds method of washing but it seems like people have been getting good results. The best way to solve these issues is to not have them in the first place, I know... Duh! Figure out how the mites got into your grow, illuminate that, use better practices. Don't go outside and then wear the same clothing in your grow that's been around places where mites, might be.

No problem! Just your mild dish soap, Dawn in low concentration mix. You could still use Neem. Honestly I have not tried Doc Buds method of washing but it seems like people have been getting good results. The best way to solve these issues is to not have them in the first place, I know... Duh! Figure out how the mites got into your grow, illuminate that, use better practices. Don't go outside and then wear the same clothing in your grow that's been around places where mites, might be.

unfourtanetly my plants are clones that came infected :(
for now im spraying with leaf coat by bio bizz and i hope it works.. i keep checking the stems for webs like i seen in the past but nothing now.. altho i did see them for sure.. i think i will just have to learn to live with them for a while .. at least the few that did make it :cheer:

It's best to have at least 3 types of mite spray to rotate them out, leaving the most natural for the end of flowering.
I use Neem oil and Safers mite spray during veg and early flower.
I use a home-made spray of a few drops of dish soap a few drops of cooking oil in a spray bottle for late flower.

If I have a particularly stubborn infestation, I rotate the treatments every other day, and give the plants a good shower on the off days to wash away the dead bugs and detritus. Your plants will LOVE the shower, and your trics will shine like Xmas lights!. It could take a week of this to knock down the population enough for you to take a break.

If they are too big to haul to the shower, use a good spray bottle of plain water and squirt the heck out of them, topside and under all the leaves.

I do believe mite eggs are brought in with the soil. I have not heard of any hydro growers with mite problems. We have a choice: to go organic and deal with the mites as they appear, or to sterilize the soil, (either with heat or by freezing) then add the myko, worm castings, guano, etc, to bring the soil back from the dead.

PS: Other oil-based sprays can be used, but you might have to spray more often.

Damn at this stage is seems so bad to do it.. won't it halt everything if i kill everything in the soil?

i already put pirhana by advanced that's i believe same ay mykos. and my roots are SUPER wood like already poping out of everywhere.
I believe using dish soap with the leaf coat will help..

after using cheimcal pesticide i noticed i never have any flies or anything like that around the plants .. just some mites that survived. :|

thanks for response bro:thumb:

I have used an 'organic' potassium fat/oil spray which seemed to help and not bother the flowers too much, though I reckon it did brown the stigmas a bit.

After reading more here, my next grow will probably involve prophylactic neem spray in veg to plants and soil, and if they return despite this, i'm going to try a rotation of the potassium fats spray, a pepper spray with homegrown chillies, a spray using rosemary essential oil, and maybe one other, though not sure what to use yet - cinnamon? Hydrogen peroxide?

Lots of good ideas for organic sprays. Once the buds start forming, it's wise to use organics, to protect the buds. You can't overdose with an oil/soap based spray. You can always spray with plain water on the off days between treatments.

Mites are crustaceans, not insects, so they are harder to kill. What we use are contact sprays that kill the adults, most likely by smothering them. Then you have to repeat treatments to kill the hatchlings. Anything that kills both adults and eggs should only be applied in veg and early flower.

It stands to reason you have to sterilize your soil BEFORE you plant anything in it. Using Raid House and Garden is not advised because it is a systemic poison that gets into the plant tissues, and eventually into the buds we harvest. You can't wash that stuff off.

BTW, high humidity does NOT kill mites! My cloning chamber got infected and the humidity is 90% with the cover on.

Back
Top Bottom