Spimps 2013 1st Grow - Ghetto Micro

Oh ya-- Book case makes for easy light height adjustment. PC fan intake working ok, but the smaller fan blowing up from lights blows way harder than the intake. Considering they both came of a 10yr old dell, probably just old and needs replaced.

Does it need improvement? Hell yes.
Is it a permanent solution? Hell no. It has a nice height but is shallow. I can work with it to
Ill tinker this week with painting the door, weather sealing etc. But we got more lights in a cooler space in a rush

Fast thinking. nice job!

Spimps that's exactly what I was talking about man... new box is looking ace :)
+++ reps coming ur way.
Hey if ur temps are down to 76° that's great :) that will do ur girls so much good and that's without the ghetto ice paks? Lol ul be able to throw them in on extra hot days

Botton line man its looking good

Thanks. I was scrambling like a mad man to get it done. My two main goals were get the heat down, and a 'safer' light system. My other one I wired the ballast and basically made a cord from an interior wire from home improvement stroe. S_K_E_T_C_H_Y lol I think the basic design is sound. Forced air in, force hot 'ballast' air up, force air out, make lights 'movable'. I drew up a track lighting style cabinet, that would be awesome. maybe 3.0? :) This box will get these girls home, and may even take the first run of autos.
I measured my old box, from floor to lights--- 11" LMAO and they are in 6" pots so I had 5" of grow room! im thinking of going with shorter, longer pots for the autos. I dont want to transplant them and stunt them. Gonna probably sprout them in the pots ill finish them in. Gotta run guys but thanks for checking out the ladies new home!!

Good thinking... maxamillians pc box grow uses pots like I think ur talking of he transplanted into them mid way. U cud have them 4" high and the talotal area of the floor space that would be plenty..... what's this ballast u talk of spimp? I may of missed it somewere but I didn't think any amount of cfls required a ballast?

I'm a panicker too wen it comes to electrics better safe than sorry spimp :)

What I call ballast is the part below the bulb that connects it if u will. They get hot to the touch. 8 fairly close together causes some heat issues. I'm probably using the wrong term but that's the part I mean.

OK. Woke up this morning, kicked on the girls, went and had some coffee. Wen back to check on them..... 101 degress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bitingnails:
My exhaust came loose overnight. Cheap duct tape and high heat dont mix I guess. So I needed an emergancy box ASAP!!!

Went and bought this for $18:
037105.jpg

Turned it into this:
03898.jpg

03994.jpg

04083.jpg

04186.jpg

05742.jpg

05842.jpg

05935.jpg

GHETTO BOX @2.0

I really like my light setup. I can move lights back and forth simply by plugging in. And I feel much safer about the lights not bursting into flames! :wood:The exhaust fan is really pulling the heat out. I now have 8-26w cfls running. 76 degrees. :yahoo:

Does it need improvement? Hell yes.
Is it a permanent solution? Hell no. It has a nice height but is shallow. I can work with it to
Ill tinker this week with painting the door, weather sealing etc. But we got more lights in a cooler space in a rush so Im a happy camper for now! Might need to get my old box ready for them auto beans! :high-five:

yea nice emergency box. to keep my temps from 100+ degrees i bought a small 4-5" bathroom 50cm exhaust fan to blow air out the top. have a small metal fan blowing fresh air in from the lower half of my box. i had to cut a hole up top for the exhaust and when they start getting skunky, im going to attach some foil duct and have it run out the window.

Quick update. Today was first unattended day while i was back to work. Thought about them girls all day. As soon as I go home i temped the box... 74. :)
Also have some pistols started to turn and the trics are, by my best estimate, 90% cloudy and more on the oldest everyday. The younger plant is really kicking out pistols. Im thinking abut removing some of the really bad, old fan leaves that were criticaly damaged by the PH. they have had a Flush, a 1/2 plain water feed, and full water + 1/2 FF TB feeding since the PH incident.Im considering a full strength feed as well. WHAT SAY YOU? advice appreciated!
:thanks:

Hmmm well I'm not sure what id do in ur position regarding the leaves... thing is those leaves have got damaged and the plant sacrificed them as way of saving the good bits and if there's a bit of life left in them (not totaly crispy) of blocking bud sites light id be tempted to leave them just incase u were to have another issue and they would be sacrificed again by the plant.... obviously though if those leaves are dead d crispy cut them off....
As for ur nutes man id say ur good to go with what ever strength u desire, ur girls are probably back to full health now :)

My comments are just what id do myself just my opinions not an expert ur probs best waiting for another comment before acting on my advice lol

Also what does the new box measure spimp? I'm looking at building one to around 3fft wide x 1ft deep x 3ft high to veg my next girl in (just one this time)
The mrs would much rather something that looks like ur box there than something iv knocked up in the shed with ply wood lol for asthetic purpose as it will be in living ares. The price u payed is super cheap id rather buy one at that price

My mrs hates it when I get a brain wave and say...... I'll not buy that I can knock that up myself haha

Haircut day.
031137.jpg

05152.jpg

032126.jpg

04565.jpg

And just for fun...
03995.jpg

04084.jpg

05262.jpg

04666.jpg

The oldest took alot of damage. I tried to be gentle, but some of those leaves had to go. Im starting to have the pistols change. Im a little concerned I may have to harvest her early. Some of the baby leaves are showing a little stress and i dont want to lose the whole plant...
:bitingnails:
But the other girl is kicking ass! :yummy: I almot couldnt tell I had every trimmed her with how much shes grown. The under shot shows how many little budlets she has. A lot. I almost broke down and told my close friend today when he came over. But I stayed strong. ;) You guys are the only privledged ones!
:slide:

BTW, I wanted to say :thanks: to anyone who has offered any advice/opinion on my first grow. I truely appreciate even the advice I havn't followed. :winkyface: I have and probably will (on this grow) continue to do too much and tinker with the ladies. Im a visual learner and all the mistakes I have made will make me better down the road. Really do appreciate it guys...
:thanks:

Finally had a chance to catch up on the grow. My wife did not really have any interested when I started talking about growing. She does not care, just had no interested in it herself, that was last year. Now I catch her all the time going in and taking a peek at them.

Nice work on the new box, you beat me to it. I picked up my new box last weekend and I just have to wait until the funds are there to build it. Im not in a hurry as I basically had to start a new crop.

I would look into getting one of those big Armories that way you can divide the compartments up, veg section, flower section, seedling section etc. And also have everything completely enclosed and just have some holes on the back side for the intake and exhaust.

TY TY!
Inches sir. x 2.54 for you centimeter Euro's :) Ya the upskirt shots of the buds are awesome. Super rich green. The two that i posted are about as wide as a bic lighter. Swelling up nicely! Its interesting that the oldest also fought through my first nightmare. she basically quit putting out new anything and focused strictly on developing those nugs. The other, who missed the first incident, is growing like crazy but not swelling up the buds yet. Hmmm....
:reading420magazine:

T will soon swell spimp trust me :) I hope u manage to get as close to actual harvest time with ur girls. Iv notice huge increases in bud size over the final two weeks of grows before would be a shame to lose grams of potential.
Cool about the sizes. I usually use inches and feet myself I was hoping u ment inches as cm's woulda been small

Just plannning on having a neet little box in the corner of the bedroom to veg the next girl under 125-250 watts cfl for about 4-6 weeks and lst its ass to the max keeping it short as hell till it moves to the flower room which by that point will be hps driven as my cfl challange will be over then

Back
Top Bottom