Squiggles Better Late Than Never Journal Thing

20210402_123927.jpg

My blue dream'atic is raring to go this afternoon.
Have you tasted any of your produce yet?
Yeah, the first dark devil I took down 2 Fridays ago, it's been in the jars just over a week now, still needs another week but it tastes gorgeous, my favourite.

As long as you enjoy it, that is a health benefit in its own.
You do more than enjoy it, by the way you write about them. You love it with a passion.
Isn't everyone in a hurry to chop :laugh:
I've never put them in the dark before, but I have read about the benefits of it on here, so I will do this time. What is the science behind it?
If I recall, either @Trala or @Emilya can give you hard science on the 36 hour dark period. As I understand it, very superficially, is that terpenes continue to mature during lights out but fewer volatiles and sugars are leaving the roots at the same time, leading to little negative change in cannabinoids and less harshness in the final plant matter.

After 36 hours you begin to see degradation of the cannabinoids with no substantial improvement in terps

Yeah me an the misses popped the 6 12 Yr old seeds in a tiny plant pot an stuck em on the window with no expectations
Thanks mate.

Cool. So yours were older and they popped. Have you got any tips??
So, a bag seed got you hooked onto growing. Were you all set up ready for it? Or did you just wing it after it germinated.

From what I can remeber, it was old school skunk. But the trip is a blur, still to this day.. it must have been good or cheap as we had a carrier bag full of it..
And a few days later 4 had popped, we had no equipment, no soil no pots nothing so when the sprouted it was a total shock
20200905_145614.jpg

This was earliest pic of golden girls I got,,
I separate from one pot an gave em a pot each ,they stayed on the window for over a month until I got a crappy blue/red lamp an used that until I used one of the kids old play tents which was already blacked out ,made a square box that fit on top an made a fixture to hold several led bulbs,,yeah house led bulbs lol but hey it worked
20201124_112814.jpg

Not a huge hawl but it got me hooked found it very therapeutic,good for the depression etc an not just the final product lol

20201205_063848.jpg

@Squiggle you should be fine with nanners at this point if you're chopping within the next week, the pollen wouldn't have time to produce seeds if the nanners opened up. But, if left long enough they could still produce seeds on those buds.

If a plant has not been pollinated or produced nanners by a certain point in its life (close to harvest) it will actually start to produce those nanners while ripening as a last ditch effort to pollinate itself and produce seeds. A plants life cycle consist of reproduction, so that's what they try to do if not pollinated by another plant.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But wouldn't that pollen from the nanner, on a non hermie female plant be female pollen? Meaning you could pollinate another female plant with it and get fem seeds? Been a while since I've read on this topic

@Squiggle you should be fine with nanners at this point if you're chopping within the next week, the pollen wouldn't have time to produce seeds if the nanners opened up. But, if left long enough they could still produce seeds on those buds.

If a plant has not been pollinated or produced nanners by a certain point in its life (close to harvest) it will actually start to produce those nanners while ripening as a last ditch effort to pollinate itself and produce seeds. A plants life cycle consist of reproduction, so that's what they try to do if not pollinated by another plant.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But wouldn't that pollen from the nanner, on a non hermie female plant be female pollen? Meaning you could pollinate another female plant with it and get fem seeds? Been a while since I've read on this topic
Thanks for that mate. Appreciate it.
I'm going to look up on that female pollen info. It's handy to know. Can you keep pollen or is it fragile?
Thanks again.

Oh!!! Is this her?
Screenshot_20210402-165652.jpeg

@Squiggle yes it can be stored for some time. There are much more knowledgeable people here than me on that topic though, all I know is you want to keep it dry and air tight? Never done it myself. I also would have to read up on the subject again to refresh myself, always so much info around here to soak in.

:thedoubletake: You sweet talked ol' Betty into coming back to the pen with you? :adore:Damn man, save some rides for the rest of us, you'll have her all tuckered out for next month's contests :rofl:

As long as you enjoy it, that is a health benefit in its own.
You do more than enjoy it, by the way you write about them, you love it with a passion.
Isn't everyone in a hurry to chop :laugh:
I've never put them in the dark before, but I have read about the benefits of it on here, so I will do this time. What is the science behind it?
Re darkness: from what I have read the trichomes degrade when your light's come on. When they go off the plant swells them back up. That's a basic explanation. There are other things that happened to improve your smoke. Good things. So 48 hrs darkness they swell swell swell. Boom chop.
So it's beneficial.

@Squiggle yes it can be stored for some time. There are much more knowledgeable people here than me on that topic though, all I know is you want to keep it dry and air tight? Never done it myself. I also would have to read up on the subject again to refresh myself, always so much info around here to soak in.

:thedoubletake: You sweet talked ol' Betty into coming back to the pen with you? :adore:Damn man, save some rides for the rest of us, you'll have her all tuckered out for next month's contests :rofl:
Cool, learning every day .
Im going to read up on that also. Your right though. There's loads to take in and you forget half of it as soon as you light one up.:laugh:

Oh:laugh:
I will keep her fighting fit, she will give be you the ride of your life.. so then, I get pass Betty on to the next contestant? Does this mean I passed the test? :laugh:

Re darkness: from what I have read the trichomes degrade when your light's come on. When they go off the plant swells them back up. That's a basic explanation. There are other things that happened to improve your smoke. Good things. So 48 hrs darkness they swell swell swell. Boom chop.
So it's beneficial.
Ahhh!! It's clicking into place, thanks for that..
Booom chop. Love it :laugh:

Yeah me an the misses popped the 6 12 Yr old seeds in a tiny plant pot an stuck em on the window with no expectations

And a few days later 4 had popped, we had no equipment, no soil no pots nothing so when the sprouted it was a total shock
20200905_145614.jpg

This was earliest pic of golden girls I got,,
I separate from one pot an gave em a pot each ,they stayed on the window for over a month until I got a crappy blue/red lamp an used that until I used one of the kids old play tents which was already blacked out ,made a square box that fit on top an made a fixture to hold several led bulbs,,yeah house led bulbs lol but hey it worked
20201124_112814.jpg

Not a huge hawl but it got me hooked found it very therapeutic,good for the depression etc an not just the final product lol

20201205_063848.jpg

Cool. It shows you that you don't need to spend a fortune.
What a nice story behind those seeds. You and your misses on a quest to grow your first plants. Awesome

Oh:laugh:
I will keep her fighting fit, she will give be you the ride of your life.. so then, I get pass Betty on to the next contestant? Does this mean I passed the test? :laugh:
I'd have to say, when you decided to combine the costume contest with the goat riding contest, you did very well. That being said.. 'anyone' willing to ride a goat in a friggin banana hammock will now pass the test! :rofl:

If I recall, either @Trala or @Emilya can give you hard science on the 36 hour dark period. As I understand it, very superficially, is that terpenes continue to mature during lights out but fewer volatiles and sugars are leaving the roots at the same time, leading to little negative change in cannabinoids and less harshness in the final plant matter.

After 36 hours you begin to see degradation of the cannabinoids with no substantial improvement in terps
Yes your recollection is ever so slightly incoerect.

@Emilya is well known for her science based grow style, she is the watering guru whose water thread has over a billion likes. She understands the correct cannabis terminology, she is a joy to watch and is professional and is a wealth of knowledge.

Me on the other hand, I am barely known and those who do know me will confirm my grow style is based on a clusterfuck of errors, I waterboard my plants straight from the hose like I hate them. I invent my own cannabis terminology ie Coca-Cola’s, glitter, scissor jizz, watching anything I do is about as joyful and professional as a lap dancer with gastro and you could fit my growing knowledge on a postage stamp and still have room to lick.

So in short if you want growing advice

Emilys ✅
Trala ❎

@Emilya is well known for her science based grow style, she is the watering guru whose water thread has over a billion likes. She understands the correct cannabis terminology, she is a joy to watch and is professional and is a wealth of knowledge.

Me on the other hand, I am barely known and those who do know me will confirm my grow style is based on a clusterfuck of errors, I waterboard my plants straight from the hose like I hate them. I invent my own cannabis terminology ie Coca-Cola’s, glitter, scissor jizz, watching anything I do is about as joyful and professional as a lap dancer with gastro and you could fit my growing knowledge on a postage stamp and still have room to lick.

Emilys ✅
Trala ❎
Scissor jizz :rofl:
Love it

Emilys ✅
Trala ❎
scissor jizz

scissor jizz

*girl crush ensues*

Thanks for that mate. Appreciate it.
I'm going to look up on that female pollen info. It's handy to know. Can you keep pollen or is it fragile?
Thanks again.

Oh!!! Is this her?
Screenshot_20210402-165652.jpeg
She must be waiting on Colonel Goatbanger. lol
youtube it if you do not know , family guy :laugh::rofl::laugh:

Emilys ✅
Trala ❎
a lyrical poet. I found that post brilliant. @Emilya posts incredible information. It’s a blessing to have that knowledge shared. I’m more of a “scissors jizz” kind of grower so most of it is over my head.

a lyrical poet. I found that post brilliant. @Emilya posts incredible information. It’s a blessing to have that knowledge shared. I’m more of a “scissors jizz” kind of grower so most of it is over my head.
LOLLING!

And me too ;)

Back
Top Bottom