Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

That nug looks delicious regardless of what they went through. At least your gonna get something. I always liked the sulfur burn. When I did mine I liked to spray my plants before I did a burn to help the sulfur attach to the plants I also felt like that helped them not have that god awful sulfur smell when they finished.
Thats exactly what the humidifier is doing for me....essentially spraying the plants slowly over the course of the burn. When I open the tent after the burn, they are soaked. I messed up one time and left my exhaust fan going so it was essentially a useless burn. Basement was a bit smellier though but still not bad.

And you are right, I don't find them to be overly strong smelling after the burns when done with the ultra high humidity. I catch wiffs....but its not nearly what I thought it would like. I have to do a burn in the flower tent tomorrow :p

Growbarto.net has your model.
Of course, Tead's the cheapest bastard on the planet, so I think I might try a simple hot-plate and ceramic cup configuration. I know the vaporization range is somewhere near 300f and I feel certain I can hit that with a hot-plate. I saw a diy setup using an iron... I think I have one of those that hasn't been used in decades and seems like a good sacrifice.
I let you know where I land on the situation.
Yeah I probably could have as well, but Ms Stank feels much better knowing I stick to the fropessionals for matters that involve heat or electricity. Having been zapped a few times over the years, I don't mind.....Iol.

I'm interested to see how your experiment turns out for ya! :popcorn:

Things are starting to look up :yummy:
Yes indeed....I was even checking the really ugly duckling GDP and I think I will get a bit more than I originally thought. Its always nice when things starting going the right direction. Its nice having them healthy so I can start focusing on the outdoor garden......its that time of the year here now! Lots to do!

I have a burner. Got PM from some infected clones a few years ago. I read up a little, asked some friends and got the burner and a bag of prills. I did 2 burns (along with the appropriate cleaning and wipe down), and have had zero issues in my grow since then. That was almost 5 years ago.
My only issue with it....is i have one more Balls Deep plant finishing up flower and the PM doesn't seem to want to leave it. I did another one on it and need to take a look and see if I can find any remaining on her. But the first time I did one on her, it came back. Then I did the failed burn where I left the exhaust fan on that I mentioned in the above post, which was a waste and then I did the last one alone in a small tent. Hoping it will be gone from her....but I need to give her a good looking over.

Our cat does the same thing Van..animal on its back is
20200324_191840.jpg
a trusting owner..lol
Good times..lol..he loves my plants

Cooper is adjusting to quarantined life really well.

He's mad cause its raining today. He loves to go out and play in the rain.......me, not so much. Hopefully it will stop so I can go take him out and burn off this energy. Labs are great family dogs, but they are a bit on the active side and will test your patience for sure.

Our cat does the same thing Van..animal on its back is
20200324_191840.jpg
a trusting owner..lol
Good times..lol..he loves my plants

I don't even let Cooper in the basement......dogs are great carriers of pests and I don't need any help in that department LOL. Cute cat though!!

You think? Looks like his world has been turned upside down. :laughtwo:

LOL yes indeed!! :rofl: :high-five:

This is my 2nd Lab. I had a female that I got back in 2004. This is my 1st male. We went down for a girl when we got this one but came home with balls instead.

I'd love to get him a brother to help keep him entertained. He is a bloody handful lol

I have two questions I'm hoping someone can answer since there are some well-qualified seed makers here:

1. If I take two clones from the same mother, reverse one and pollinate the other with it, what do I call the resulting seeds? They're not S1's because I used two different plants, so what are they?
2. How much genetic variation have I introduced by making seeds this way vs pollinating the same plant I reverse?

:thanks:

I have two questions I'm hoping someone can answer since there are some well-qualified seed makers here:

1. If I take two clones from the same mother, reverse one and pollinate the other with it, what do I call the resulting seeds? They're not S1's because I used two different plants, so what are they?
2. How much genetic variation have I introduced by making seeds this way vs pollinating the same plant I reverse?

:thanks:
Shed, you don't wanna hear my answer. :Rasta:

I think most people still consider that to be an S1. S1 behaves like normal F2 seeds in that it opens up an additional 25% recessive genes. You can get some really nice phenos from S1’s.

I think most people still consider that to be an S1. S1 behaves like normal F2 seeds in that it opens up an additional 25% recessive genes. You can get some really nice phenos from S1’s.
Damn, that was gonna be my answer too! :laughtwo:

You should find the mother from several seeds. The variations aren’t much but theyre there. I’ll post a couple pics of the Chem 91 S1 showing 2 phenos from the same mom.

Back
Top Bottom