Stardawg17, Hempy, SIP, Clones, Seeds, Indoors & Out - 2023 Circus 1

Sorry about the DBL2...I thought that was going to make it. I guess the PQ 2.1 lost too much, but congrats on the new BONUS bean drop!
Yeah... not sure what happened on moving day but everything in the bubbler went south. The 2 mothers still look good and the 2 SWICKs still look good. DBL1 I might have let get too dry, but she still looks good. The zkittles seed popped a tail last night and went into coco in the seed tray, which despite being in the auto watering system was very dry 😴

Always an adventure.

I happened to notice the other night that there was a lot of light in the bubbler reservoir coming from the downstairs apartment. So, I put some lids from old buckets underneath it and that blocked out a lot of light. I also swapped the mars hydro light in the upper room with the lower power grow light above the miniSICKs on the table. Everyone in the upper room looks happy with the changes...

uEchTWR_fCyHicf_wWHb8cQ=w1185-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Downstairs all of the new beans are in coco in the auto watering tray. No signs of life yet. DBL1 (19 days) still looks good :)

EcykO-Ea77F2SHgLhykmgyA=w1185-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

And out on the work table the miniSWICKs appear to be doing their jobs. These seeds were dropped 19 days ago...

iOIEgQa1qZFxkSFID-tBRXw=w1185-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

We have new life :green_heart:

g04FjeX19WNcIfz0FRcDNE0A=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

smallest seedlings I ever seen o_O

OK...not sure which one was tinier...but both wee little baby seedlings. That syringe is the best tool for removing helmets...it may take a couple of tries and from different angles...but hasn't failed me yet :thumb:

XQCde6GNmd1Eeb-M5s7w_bQ=w1185-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

The Strawberry Blue is looking doubtful, but if NL 2.1 rebounds like PQ 2.1 I won't have room for her anyway. If neither of them work out I'll probably add DBL 1 in the main tent.

I also fed the other mothers tonight with 2.5 ml /gal of Dyna-Gro Grow. It took about a quart in each planter until it started to drip out the bottom of the planter.

Update on the mothers. Following the Bonsai Mothers tutorial.

PQ 1.1

eUFbj6sKYgk_jq00maSXSGMA=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

eH8gboBoqihhrex_N13QjfzQ=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Just for fun I'll see if I can get a clone from her.

DCwSfq3pe8eZ8QcvD7A1RIpg=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

ioFNgniWewu6wCyRKQrEJJlg=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

NL 3.1

p_zaUQU-lIRXLSUHTxj2TY6g=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Man she had bush going there :D

Sxa_daJkMF6aguoGxltiwM8w=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

vXnx6Bx2oDyIdKCeqWNuX3YA=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

And going for a clone here too. I put them both into the same net pot in the bubbler.

46gBW77brZblMeIC81ucA9A=w1185-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

NL 2.1 and NL 2.2 each have roots extending out of the net pot into the reservoir. I think I'm starting to see some new growth on NL 2.1 but NL 2.2 not so much.

AL 1 looks a little anemic. Tomorrow I plan to change the reservoir and up the feed.

I wish I had the nerve to cut back my Candida mother that far! I only do that when I know I have rooted cuttings. :)
LOL...I really have no idea what I'm doing... just trying to followthe tutorial :nomo:

If it doesn't workout I'll start over with seeds 😀

Looks like Dollar General has jumped on the SWICK bandwagon o_O Looks like the fill hole serves as the overflow too.

deDR62W-KwyTMeDX6XcgC4Sg=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

1wACnrHUHeuLxPMQEublpg8w=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Sometime this weekend DBL1 will find this as her new home

130mf_wnS0jxq6-ga3jXsbw=w1185-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

I also need to light proof the bubbler reservoir. I'll change out the reservoir and when I do I'll be adding the myco to help address a root rot issue in there. After that the 2 bonus seedlings will go into the bubbler.

EpNt1XdkabiYsjUvUZu1b7A=w1185-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

I think I had 2 issues leading to the root problems. First, light leakage into the reservoir. Second, I bought cheap check valves sans barbs and the stronger air pump I added kept blowing them off. With the warm temp in upper room that was not good. Since I replaced the check valves with ones that have barbs they haven't blown off yet :)

I think while I'm switching things up I'll move the bubbler to the work table and the mini-SWICKs will go in the upper room with the mothers. It just seems a better fit. The work table is much cooler which will help the roots and the mini-SWICKs will be in the warmer environment which should help them start to thrive.

Looking good. Those pots are more SIP than Swick and are the type @Krissi Carbone uses in her grows. They don't have as much water capacity in the reservoirs so she usually waters from the top like a regular pot and the excess water falls into the reservoir for later use.

Glad your solving problems and moving on. :)
speaking of problems...Are those boy bits?

QkhkKtbjhtL3EFfrkjdXSTFg=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

HJceyO0Nvwc7NMDRFzWs1O1g=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

P4YQ7z6Zc0J-4lCiLUd4qpQ=w1920-h886-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Looking good. Those pots are more SIP than Swick and are the type @Krissi Carbone uses in her grows. They don't have as much water capacity in the reservoirs so she usually waters from the top like a regular pot and the excess water falls into the reservoir for later use.
I thought they were SWICK because of the wicking foot in the middle :rolleyes: Whatever you call it...it's now home to DBL1.

sFUyVNHShef8KGozOryilCsA=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

7ZeqR1EOS5DXhE5ugUhughrw=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

rVR6Vs6zRnALlbqojEPAHhDg=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Can you overdo it with myco? I forgot the soil already has it and I added big foot gold in the hole before transplant. Guess we're about to find out.

Here are my 3 mothers all in a row in the back row of the upper room and the 2 mini-SICKs in the front.

iGMGAgPH0cLkVUZOblOFbqg=w1185-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

speaking of problems...Are those boy bits?
Hard to tell from the picks, but I don't see any obvious signs. Can you zero in on the nodes in question? You're looking for little balls perched up on a bit of a post. A kinda 'stick and ball' type thing.

Hard to tell from the picks, but I don't see any obvious signs. Can you zero in on the nodes in question? You're looking for little balls perched up on a bit of a post. A kinda 'stick and ball' type thing.
I thought these bananas were pollen sacks...

jFAMFhiSaml4XLU02jEGuSaw=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

L9Q0HVz0DFlbwaZJVImP3RGQ=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

And I've never seen leaves like these...

2Z4Jk0TeZYUc3fCD_z8h3IQA=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

JN0DfdxLZmcucaoJL-fIZww=w1185-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

After having a hermie last grow I don't want to start off with an over-stressed plant. I certainly don't want another hermie :nervous-guy:

No, banana's would form in the buds themselves late in flower. At this stage you're looking for stick and balls or slim white hairs for the females.

Those are weird looking leaves. Did you have it on too short a light schedule for a bit and now it's revegging?

No, banana's would form in the buds themselves late in flower. At this stage you're looking for stick and balls or slim white hairs for the females.
:thumb: Thanks for the info!
Those are weird looking leaves. Did you have it on too short a light schedule for a bit and now it's revegging?
She is a clone taken in late veg or early flower. Early on after being cut she started pre-flower. I also pinched her roots or something and thought she was going to die a couple of weeks ago, but, she rebounded. Apart from the weird leaves and banana things she looks pretty good. Just not sure if I should take the chance on her going hermie or not 🤔 I could still drop another seed as the main tent will be in use for drying the next week or so. I'm also not sure NL2.1 is going to make it either. The 3 seedlings are looking pretty good though. I'm expecting a pretty good harvest from the 5 in the main tent so 3 plants should be enough to allow me to take a break during the hottest months this summer. So, I guess I'll just ride out these 2 clones and see what they do.

While I'm at it...how about a proper update...

Report DateStart DateWeekFlip DateIn Flower
3/251/17104/26FALSE
Plant IDStrainSourceBirth DateDays OldHeight (cm)Growth (cm)Topped OnDays FloweredHarvest DateDays To Go
NL2.1Northern LightsNL21/17670006/2087
PQ1.2Purple QueenPQ11/17670006/2895
AL1Amnesia Lemonseed2/16370006/3097
DBL3Double Black Labelseed2/24290006/2188
DBL4Double Black Labelseed2/24290006/2188
ZK1Zkittlezseed3/1690006/3097
GG1Gorilla Glueseed3/1690006/2592
Air Quality
VPD(Pa)Temp(F)RH(%)
maxavgminmaxavgminmaxavgmin
WATER QUALITY
pH(logarithmic units)TDS(ppm)Temp(F)
maxavgminmaxavgminmaxavgmin
NA6.5NANA152NANANANA
NUTRIENTS
ml/galgallonsTotal mlSchedule 2
FloraMicro1.45750%
FloraGro1.959.5
FloraBloom0.9554.75
CalMag0.95
Floralicious+050
KoolBloom050
Armor Si1.2556.25
Hormex10550
Big Foot myco05.5 tsp

ZK1 (Top Left) 9 days - PQ1.2 (Top Right) 67 days
NL2.1 (bottom Left) 67 days- GG1 (Bottom Middle) 9 days- AL1 (Bottom Right) 37 days
l8FaP2XRhZl_22FF_r0vBZQ=w1185-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

PQ1.2 (Top Right) 67 days- GG1 (Bottom Left) 9 days - AL1 (Bottom Right) 37 days
YUy0IlCbjxmOODb5Yc6q0xGw=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

ZK1 (Top Left) 9 days
NL2.1 (bottom Left) 67 days- GG1 (Bottom Right) 9 days
1rir2vNf6dFhKKtHZXa79h_A=w666-h889-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

I think this grow is officially underway now so here's the strain data...

Strain IDStrainTypeSativaIndicaBreederVendorFlower DaysTHC %CBD %yield (g/m^2)CBG %
NLNorthern LightsPhoto1090Pyramid SeedsHerbies55191500
PQPurple QueenPhoto2575Royal Queen SeedsHerbies6322low450-500
ALAmnesia LemonPhoto6040Bonus
(Barney's Farm)?
Herbies65211.2550
DBLDouble Black LabelPhotocbg seed sourcecbg seed source560.23023.63
ZKZkittlezPhoto4060Bonus
(Original Sensible Seeds)?
Herbies65220600
GGGorilla GluePhoto4060Bonus
(Seedstockers)?
Herbies60240600

The 3 bonus seeds are from Herbies seeds and didn't come with any breeder information so I took my best guess from looking at their website.

The Northern Lights and Purple Queen are clones from my current run which were grown from seeds purchased from Herbies (hence the bonus seeds).

The Double Black Label are seeds purchased from CBG Seed Source. These will be grown outdoors in homemade SIPs I am converting from homemade 3 gallon hempy buckets.

Northern Lights (from Herbies website)

Northern Lights by Pyramid Seeds is a photosynthesis variety of the world-famous, ancient phenotype, which is a rare gem nowadays. Boasting a compact structure, 55 days of flowering and bountiful crops, this 90% Indica strain is simply beyond competition.

rt_Northern_Lights_Pyramid_Seeds__IX2Ppp2pCMFvD8jy.jpg

Northern Lights by Pyramid Seeds - Excellence in Every Sense of The Word​

Northern Lights is one of the most famous strains of all time loved by all members of the cannabis community, including the young guns and veteran users alike. This bud is also world-famous for the incredible growing capabilities – which remain consistent upon every arrival in harvest. It will give you an average Indica content of 90%, and will send you into seduction with the unique vigorous growth patterns it takes on in both indoor and outdoor situations. Due to the small stature, the plant is ideal for balconies and small grow rooms. If cultivated indoors, Northern Lights will produce over 500 g/m2 with a superfast flowering period of 55 days. Outdoors, the strain can bring even more: 500-1000g of buds per plant with the THC content around 19%.
  • Ideal for hydroponics
  • Can be used in SCRoG, SoG and other popular methods
  • Normal smell during flowering
  • Optimal pH feed of 6.2 with Plagron nutrients
  • Very easy to grow in both indoor and outdoor situations

Simple, Easy and Effective​

The top qualities of this strain include its pungent sweetness and spicy aromas. You will see elements of earthiness, sweetness and pine aromas in every single bud. Each batch usually comes with clear crystal-coated buds able to send your muscles into a deep relaxation, and your mind into a dreamy state of euphoria.

Characteristics​

• Brand Pyramid Seeds
  • Type of seeds Feminized
  • CBD 1 %
  • THC 19 %
  • 10% Sativa / 90% Indica
  • Outdoor finish Early September
  • Indoor flowering time 55 days
  • Harvest 500 g/m² indoors
  • 500 - 1500 g/plant outdoors
  • Height 80 - 120 cm
  • Awards 2nd at Hidroponía Spannabis 2007