Stardawg17, Hempy, SIP, Clones, Seeds, Indoors & Out - 2023 Circus 1

Still time to get some feedback!

Can't you just get a water-level sensor in the res and have it auto fill when it's empty? Seems much simpler than a 17 gallon tank on a 90 minute timer. Even in full flower 17 gallons should last over a week from the folks I've been following.
Always time for feedback :thumb:

I'll post the question in the SIP club to solicit the wider audience :Namaste:

I have looked at in detail, and personally DIY'd auto-filling SIPs. Also I've interrogated OG sippers and scraped the internet for anecdotals on this topic. I have strong opinion as a result that the best method is an elevated large feeder rez (like a 30gal on a on a small stool) that drops gravity-fed water into a "control bucket", on-demand, by a three-position mechanical float valve that predetermines water depth in control bucket - but control bucket has a separate equalization line going out to each SIP and connecting to it at its lowest point the reservoir meaning SIPs and control bucket height of water will be the same.
picture (2).jpg

No available footprint anywhere large enough to set down, say, 2-3, 5 gal buckets? Very nearby next room could be made to work? Sorry Dawg, but I’m not very familiar with your situ., at this moment. Here are some pics for visuals. They aren’t mine and are from another forum - so I'm not supposed to share links ‘over the public airwaves’, as it were. Feel free to msg me for links (or reverse search the images). Maybe it will stimulate the mind’s eye for someone out there.
picture (1).jpg
picture (4).jpg
picture.jpg
I have been involved with a nearly identical build (then enviously watched it perform vegetable miracles for a friend and neighbour who understandably prefers I don't share photos) and had hoped to have one ready for my veggies this year, but I’ve missed my deadline. It’s obviously not an expensive build, and I’ve actually scrounged all I need, but for a couple more through-hulls and half a dozen cut-offs, but even though I’m not working I’m attempting to pay off my mortgage in the next 3-5 years max with an aggressive strategy… so I can’t afford clothes, never mind hydro gear! Tough choices but it's still a choice at this stage and that's what matters; frankly the near future doesn't look too bright financially so I just got militant about eradicating the debt. It's mere suburbia, but there are trees all over the yard that I planted 20 years ago, and a pond that just about broke me to dig out. Once you've moved heaven and earth, it's pretty tough to leave the place behind. Just ask a Ukrainian.

Best to you StarDawg,

standing tower system. neat. haven't seen anyone do one for lotsa time. someone make this happen.
Have you seen @Sobergrower 's Perfect Plant Killer system? Has many same features, and while it's not passive, it is diabolical! (Hope you and yours are good out there, SoberG.)

No available footprint anywhere large enough to set down, say, 2-3, 5 gal buckets? Very nearby next room could be made to work?
Unfortunately I'm in an 8x12 Salt box style shed and there just isn't space :rolleyes:

For the outdoor plants I might setup my rain barrel to auto water.

Not doing much this weekend as I'm on day 3 of covid and energy level is still low.

Get well mate, I've never had it but sounds quite unpleasant and scares me a bit, I don't think about it, just have my booster shots, but the real reason is I go out very infrequently. My life was already like what happened to everyone's lives in 2020, it was a pretty surreal feeling actually. I have had problems since I was a kid, my head, bad headaches and neurological-triggered vertigo. When I was young I could work around it more, events were less frequent and I developed skills but in my late forties now and it's quite persistent. Wah!

Get blasted, and get well.

Get well mate, I've never had it but sounds quite unpleasant and scares me a bit, I don't think about it, just have my booster shots, but the real reason is I go out very infrequently. My life was already like what happened to everyone's lives in 2020, it was a pretty surreal feeling actually. I have had problems since I was a kid, my head, bad headaches and neurological-triggered vertigo. When I was young I could work around it more, events were less frequent and I developed skills but in my late forties now and it's quite persistent. Wah!

Get blasted, and get well.
Thanks RD. I'm sorry you've had to deal with those health issues. I've struggled with headaches for ever. I had one for 3 weeks straight in February until I took some 1:1 CBG : CBD oil. Headache gone within 10 minutes. Now when my head starts to hurt I just take 1ml of that oil and it washed away. YMMV

Thanks RD. I'm sorry you've had to deal with those health issues. I've struggled with headaches for ever. I had one for 3 weeks straight in February until I took some 1:1 CBG : CBD oil. Headache gone within 10 minutes. Now when my head starts to hurt I just take 1ml of that oil and it washed away. YMMV
Interesting. What kind of oil did you make?

Interesting. What kind of oil did you make?
Purchased from cbd kratom store.

Hopefully after this harvest I will be making my own

Congrats on the upcan and the success with the CBD/CBG combination for your headaches! :welldone:

I just made some CBG oil this weekend (estimated at 10mg/ml) that I'm going to try for sleeping. What was the strength of your oil as I might give that combo a go for my headaches.
Not doing much this weekend as I'm on day 3 of covid and energy level is still low.
Oof, sorry to hear about that stardawg. Did you get an Rx for Paxlovid? I have no idea how I would have done without it but I'm glad I was on it for those 5 days.

Congrats on the upcan and the success with the CBD/CBG combination for your headaches! :welldone:

I just made some CBG oil this weekend (estimated at 10mg/ml) that I'm going to try for sleeping. What was the strength of your oil as I might give that combo a go for my headaches.

Oof, sorry to hear about that stardawg. Did you get an Rx for Paxlovid? I have no idea how I would have done without it but I'm glad I was on it for those 5 days.
Sorry for the delayed response, Shed. Somehow I missed this one. It's been a pretty crazy week. Yes, I got on Paxlovid straight away. That stuff tastes like arse 🤢 Doc had me stop taking my DMARD so my body has been all out of sorts. To compound things tree pollen has been extremely high and that does a treat on me as well. Thank the Lord for good ole THC gummies.

The tincture I've been using is beeZbee medium strength CBD:CBG 1:1. 750 mg of each in 30ml of oil. The supplemental facts show for 1ml of oil there is 25 mg of each with a total of 58mg total cannabinoids, so that other 8 mg is a mystery. The ingredients listed are MCT, organic CBD CO2 extracted from hemp and CBG distillate.

Sorry for the delayed response, Shed. Somehow I missed this one. It's been a pretty crazy week. Yes, I got on Paxlovid straight away. That stuff tastes like arse 🤢 Doc had me stop taking my DMARD so my body has been all out of sorts. To compound things tree pollen has been extremely high and that does a treat on me as well. Thank the Lord for good ole THC gummies.
Yes, tastes awful but seemed to work on my symptoms pretty quickly so I suffered through it! Sorry to hear they had to stop your DMARD meds but I hope the 5 days off don't take too long to recover from. And god knew his stuff when he created THC gummies, that's for sure. :)
The tincture I've been using is beeZbee medium strength CBD:CBG 1:1. 750 mg of each in 30ml of oil. The supplemental facts show for 1ml of oil there is 25 mg of each with a total of 58mg total cannabinoids, so that other 8 mg is a mystery. The ingredients listed are MCT, organic CBD CO2 extracted from hemp and CBG distillate.
Excellent info, :thanks: . Do you find that 1ml is enough of the medium strength to tackle the head pain?

Yes, tastes awful but seemed to work on my symptoms pretty quickly so I suffered through it!
Yeah... reminded me of chemo. I didn't eat much those 5 days.
Sorry to hear they had to stop your DMARD meds but I hope the 5 days off don't take too long to recover from.
Unfortunately I have to abstain 2 weeks. Doesn't make much sense to me seeing how it takes 2 years to get it out of my system. What do I know?
And god knew his stuff when he created THC gummies, that's for sure. :)
:D
Do you find that 1ml is enough of the medium strength to tackle the head pain?
Yes. It still surprises me that's all it takes. Although,I think there was a night of covid that I had one of the worst headaches I've ever had and I needed THC to put me to sleep. The headache was gone in the morning.

you shouldnt get much SIP-transplant-stall with that transplant after you raised/rooted that plant in your excellent mini-SIP design. Lots of fat water roots visible. Let us know either way, if you would. Mine are pretty much the same - cept for the pop-bottle versions. I grew out/flowered one each sm auto in each style recently, 500ml soil matrix, well *soil*, I used my home-grown RezDog Ultra-redwiggler Castings and perlite, then the separate bottom portion 100% perlite. Is good to make sure that water source is open to air, oxygen, coming in somewhere, and giving it two holes allows cross flow, and oxygenates the water. Do you keep your minisip water plain? I sometimes replace with a tea fr 24hrs, or add Liquidirt (that shit is my go to, sick plants, soaking seeds, watering seedlings. Stuff lasts forever. Not as expensive as you think, I use 1, 50$ CAD container per year, with 2x 5x5 flower tents and extra veg/prop spaces. hope you're feeling better.
Thanks for the pics. nice work.

you shouldnt get much SIP-transplant-stall with that transplant after you raised/rooted that plant in your excellent mini-SIP design. Lots of fat water roots visible. Let us know either way, if you would.
I'd say no stall at all. And the recirculating to external reservoir appears to work well too. They're paying to the light daily.

20230423_155201.jpg

Last weekend I had a property dispute with my neighbor so I'm not going to risk growing these ladies outside. So,I had to sickle things around again. As you can see the duplex is gone and the mothers are back out on the work table. I'll be flowering these ladies in the 2x2 which is going to require some serious training. And I'll be watering them manually until I come up with something different. I up potted the other 5 plants today but don't have time to post pics today.
Do you keep your minisip water plain?
I used a light nutrient mix with Hormex root hormones.

Back
Top Bottom