Starting My Journal

Slipdog01

Well, out and free by the Fine Citizens of my homeland. It was suggested to start a Journal so I am going to seek advice as I go. I do not have a Green Thumb, but willing and workable.
1. I have bought my Tent it is a 3ftx3ftx70.
2. Seeds have arrived but have not soaked or popped yet.
2 Light and Fire Extinguisher is 30 mile from here and it is a BestVa 2000 led, stuck in the snow via carrier.

FUTURE TO DO'S
a. Need to make a decision am I going to got for hydro or dirt. Probably safest way is in a cube to dirt for a beginner. I have tried in past with hydro, but mostly failed for not understanding the %% of the Chemicals.

b. Grow Bags and Cubes, Grow Pots and cubes. (need to buy yet}

c. Consider mycorrhizal fungi (consider for popping seeds.

d. Two small fans for the floor needed yet

e. 4 inch fan and duct work for that.

f. Heavy Duty Extension Cord if needed. I plan on using my existing wiring. Also heavy duty surge protector.
--------------------------------------------------

I will stop for no for it is time for my Old Timer Nap.

I’d recommend using cloth pots as their designed to help prune the roots to minimize root bound/root problems. Also you can buy a small 2’ T5 light at wal mart and their perfect for starting seedlings/small plants. The T5 isn’t too powerful and plants love them. You can keep them directly above the seedlings minimize stretching and will not burn your plants up. I’ve got a lot of great tips in my journals located in my signature, as well as many other good links. I would highly recommend reading the BLT feeding method.

I agree with Back. Cloth. 5lb bags I use dirt have no clue about hydro. Even tho I have one unit . But never used it cause changing water out and chemical would be expensive. Main thing is light. Needs be good light. Everything else is simple just listen to the big growers here. They are some badas guys and lady's.. if farmers of corn and other things. Had a site like this our food wouldn't have chemical and hormones like it does
And they have better crops

I’d recommend using cloth pots as their designed to help prune the roots to minimize root bound/root problems. Also you can buy a small 2’ T5 light at wal mart and their perfect for starting seedlings/small plants. The T5 isn’t too powerful and plants love them. You can keep them directly above the seedlings minimize stretching and will not burn your plants up. I’ve got a lot of great tips in my journals located in my signature, as well as many other good links. I would highly recommend reading the BLT feeding method.
I did not realize, but I did mean "Cloth Grow Bags" man I just hit my :bong:

Love ur pic old timer. The "T5" lights. I have a fixture and just need to get two grow bulbs. These are Floresent are they not? And can you advise me of the wattage for the seeds I will be hatching soon? Here :passitleft:

Love ur pic old timer. The "T5" lights. I have a fixture and just need to get two grow bulbs. These are Floresent are they not? And can you advise me of the wattage for the seeds I will be hatching soon? Here :passitleft:
Seedlings don’t need much for wattage… the T5 I have in my veg box, is only like a 30 or 40 watt light bulb. It’s perfect though, you can grow a plant with no problems with one 2 foot T5 light from seed to about 5-6 weeks old, maybe even longer…

It’s all about training and keeping your plants nice and low (depending on the grow space). My veg box was only 18” tall inside to inside, 32” wide and 24” deep… nice and small. Then I built my own tent and first it was 32” wide 2’ deep and 4’ tall, but I modified it twice, finishing off at 6’ 2” tall…

For the perfect medium to start in, I’d recommend getting your self some 100% worm castings, and mix it 50/50 with perlite. Plants love that shit!! You will also want to get some liquid nutrients as well.

77B19CD4-7542-4C3F-A882-2A01EB3060D8.jpeg

Those are some good nutrients, and fairly cost effective as well.

Seedlings don’t need much for wattage… the T5 I have in my veg box, is only like a 30 or 40 watt light bulb. It’s perfect though, you can grow a plant with no problems with one 2 foot T5 light from seed to about 5-6 weeks old, maybe even longer…

It’s all about training and keeping your plants nice and low (depending on the grow space). My veg box was only 18” tall inside to inside, 32” wide and 24” deep… nice and small. Then I built my own tent and first it was 32” wide 2’ deep and 4’ tall, but I modified it twice, finishing off at 6’ 2” tall…

For the perfect medium to start in, I’d recommend getting your self some 100% worm castings, and mix it 50/50 with perlite. Plants love that shit!! You will also want to get some liquid nutrients as well.
you ever use "Pro Mix with Perllite"? I had 15, 5 gallon buckets in the back befoe like 20 yrs ago. We was "self Sufficient" for 18 months after that and gained 20 lbs.
Years later the citizens got a hold of me. Now days I say fug it! :peace:

Well, out and free by the Fine Citizens of my homeland. It was suggested to start a Journal so I am going to seek advice as I go. I do not have a Green Thumb, but willing and workable.
1. I have bought my Tent it is a 3ftx3ftx70.
2. Seeds have arrived but have not soaked or popped yet.
2 Light and Fire Extinguisher is 30 mile from here and it is a BestVa 2000 led, stuck in the snow via carrier.

FUTURE TO DO'S
a. Need to make a decision am I going to got for hydro or dirt. Probably safest way is in a cube to dirt for a beginner. I have tried in past with hydro, but mostly failed for not understanding the %% of the Chemicals.

b. Grow Bags and Cubes, Grow Pots and cubes. (need to buy yet}

c. Consider mycorrhizal fungi (consider for popping seeds.

d. Two small fans for the floor needed yet

e. 4 inch fan and duct work for that.

f. Heavy Duty Extension Cord if needed. I plan on using my existing wiring. Also heavy duty surge protector.
--------------------------------------------------

I will stop for no for it is time for my Old Timer Nap.
Hey @Slipdog01 hope you are well my friend.
Got room? :popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

you ever use "Pro Mix with Perllite"? I had 15, 5 gallon buckets in the back befoe like 20 yrs ago. We was "self Sufficient" for 18 months after that and gained 20 lbs.
Years later the citizens got a hold of me. Now days I say fug it! :peace:
Yes I actually use promix Hp mycroziama (or w/e it’s called), it is supposed to have the right amount of perlite in it and doesn’t need any added, but I always added more anyways to require really good drainage. I added about 30% more. It’s really good stuff!

Yes I actually use promix Hp mycroziama (or w/e it’s called), it is supposed to have the right amount of perlite in it and doesn’t need any added, but I always added more anyways to require really good drainage. I added about 30% more. It’s really good stuff!
We know how to grow in that now. How bout the Worm Casings. My Light was in a crash per ups in the snow storms. They will replace. That gives me time to get the T5 2footer starter light. Ever use Goat shit in the dirt? I got two goats.

Got a few questions?
I have received my seeds from Pacific Coast Seed Company.

I do have a small starter grow light coming from Amazon to Start

I do have my Grow tent and light 2000 led from best in our sponsors, fans yes

I do have Starter Pods to get the seeds started after they pop out of the seed case.

I do need to buy Grow bags for say 10 plants.

Pro Mix will be my choice to grow in which i have bought a bail with peralite in it.

Now what I need advice on is "Nutrients"

It was described to me in a past post on planting the seed with a dab of "worm casings" in deep enough so the plant root will grow down to it.

I was considering using a Fertilizer called "Chicken Soup" "Dr. JimZ" but if I don't get an answer from them on a requested email, I will look elsewhere.

I am not saying I am going to use this on Babies, No I m not. But as they develop.
Any suggestions on Nutrients?

Lmao. Clean water good pH level to start bro. Chems and such come later. Not giving to much is the hard part. I suggest simple then as you learn more and more then you can branch out . These plants aren't easy to grow. Alot can go wrong any giving time no matter how good you are growing

They not easy for sure. I came from a farmer family. And I have trouble and so does most everyone. It take years to become a exspert in these plants. And then they even screw up too. Only take one mishap and wammmo. Issues

Back
Top Bottom