Starting From Scratch - Black Cream Autos - 400W MH/HPS - Soil

AlleyC

I started a journal a while ago, but seeing how one of my seedlings got burnt and would not grow I had 2 more seeds germinated and here it goes.

Unfortunately I was so frustrated during the first week after germination I did not keep in mind of making a journal anew, so there are no photos available of that week. Right now I'm at day 9 from the "Merry bury"(How I like to call planting the seed day).

Closet grow room 80cm X 50cm X ~160cm.
Strain is Sweet Seeds' Black Cream Auto.
I'm using a 400w MH Lumatek lamp for veg. and a 400w SuperHPS from Powerplant Lighting for bloom.
Planted straight into 2x18 Liters pots.
Medium is Biobizz Light mix all the way down.
I'm going all the way organics using Biobizz's Trypack( Grow, Bloom, TopMax). In addition I've used Biobizz's RootJuice, Activera and BioHeaven. I am following Biobizz's Feeding Schedule to the letter.
I have no proper ventilation, i am on a tight budget and I'll be fighting till the end to keep the lowest temps possible.I am only using a 35cm diameter Fan. Temps have been at 28.9-33.0 Celcius. Hoping on having it lowered as the winter is on his way.
This is my second grow in 2 years. The first one was a bagseed grow under 2x23w and 1x50w CFLs.Went well,had to harvest early.

Day 1-Merry bury
Day 2-Both seedlings surfaced, 1 of which showed difficulty getting rid of its shell.
(Watered both with Rootjuice and BioHeaven 2 days(days 2 and 3) one after another using a Cheap Pipette. Each plant was fed about 25-30 ml of mix diluted in Tap water in a circle about 3 cm around their stem. As you'll see one of the seedlings took some damage and got a nuteburned tip of one leaf. Healed well, and is doing well. Insignificant growth loss.)
Day 4-I had to change the light schedule, it didn't suit my sleep hours and wasn't using 4 hours of nightime at which temps were lower.Was 10:00 to 4:00. Turned off lights for 12 hours instead of 6 to make it 16:00 to 10:00.
Day 5-Accidentaly I dropped a small bowl of tap water into the pot of the damaged seedling. I like to think it worked as a flush watering ;3 )
Day 6-Watered with just tap water the healthy seedling which had not been watered since Day 3.
Day 8-Watered both 250ml of BioHeaven, BioGrow, Activera mix in the far outer circle of the pot. I believe they both loved the distance and strived to find the source of life.
Day 9-Here we are.Both are doing fine. I had them a little close to bulb.Raised the lamp about 20centimeters higher. Photos are on their way. If anything is unclear, feel free to ask.

Damaged one:
IMG_20161011_213255.jpg

IMG_20161011_213236.jpg

And the other one:
IMG_20161011_213322.jpg

IMG_20161011_213308.jpg

And both:
IMG_20161011_213213.jpg

:Namaste:

I'm referring to your biggest kid, your protege, your pride and joy! the vein symmetry, colour and texture are feeding my own eyes. it's like you took it out of a mold. My kids' veins are less to the clear symmetry side.Beautiful. Today was a good day, not a lot new stuff happened, have had a small new set growth 3xfingered leaves. They were coming out a bit on the light green side of the pallate, so i mixed about 0.25ml BioHeaven and 0.25ml RootJuice with 250ml of tap water. I tried something I haven't ever before. Infusing the deeper part of the soil on the vertical axis with that mix. I think it had great results. green came running. I read somewhere that vertical root growth= vertical stem growth so that's where my thinking is based for today's actions.
IMG_20161013_061821.jpg
IMG_20161013_061850.jpg

Messed up again, I did not wake up in time to open the closet before lights went on. Temps reached 40 C. Found leaves curling inwards, stressed plants. It had been an hour or more...I'm sad. Treated with leaf water bathing and ambient A/Cing. Took temps down to 24 C and left it like that for an hour. All is well 2 hours later. Hoping to stay like that... BAD ALLEYC

Picture update:
IMG_20161013_233019.jpg

IMG_20161013_232956.jpg

IMG_20161013_232942.jpg
IMG_20161013_232924.jpg

Howdy Sew, it's day 13 and they're starting to show their sprinting capabilities. They've moved on to their 5-fingered set of true leaves. I also noticed they're sprouting true leaves at the base of each twig. Needless to say I can't take my eyes off of them. I watered them with tap water 2 days ago, soil has started going dry again(temps are a bit high.~29C) but I like to believe the plants have learned to adapt. I watered with 650ml each of tap water mixed with 2ml Biobizz's Activera(it's supposed to enhance protection against heat amongst other threats). Next watering is a feeding watering.I'll do it in 2 days. Feed will be a litre of tap water for each plant mixed with BioGrow+BioHeaven+Activera.It's the beginning of week three. I'll delay BioBloom until week 5 or 6, I want to give em all they vegetative time they need.
IMG_20161015_203140.jpg
IMG_20161015_203119.jpg

Howdy Sew, it's day 13 and they're starting to show their sprinting capabilities. They've moved on to their 5-fingered set of true leaves. I also noticed they're sprouting true leaves at the base of each twig. Needless to say I can't take my eyes off of them. I watered them with tap water 2 days ago, soil has started going dry again(temps are a bit high.~29C) but I like to believe the plants have learned to adapt. I watered with 650ml each of tap water mixed with 2ml Biobizz's Activera(it's supposed to enhance protection against heat amongst other threats). Next watering is a feeding watering.I'll do it in 2 days. Feed will be a litre of tap water for each plant mixed with BioGrow+BioHeaven+Activera.It's the beginning of week three. I'll delay BioBloom until week 5 or 6, I want to give em all they vegetative time they need.
IMG_20161015_203140.jpg
IMG_20161015_203119.jpg

I'm totally new to growing... But everything I read says avoid nutrients during the seedling stage because they don't need it and it's often too much for them :(. Are you using a neutral or deficient soil? Very curious over here :)

I'm totally new to growing... But everything I read says avoid nutrients during the seedling stage because they don't need it and it's often too much for them :(. Are you using a neutral or deficient soil? Very curious over here :)

I've read practically the same as you. However my soil is organic, light soil. Very few nutes in it. Everything I use is organic and I really don't need to worry about overnuting them. I am also following a schedule which I can send you if you'd like. Up until now, the girls have shown really good responses to the nutes I've been feeding them. Read some more, search various sites and sources. I've read a 2-3 dozens of articles, reviews and comments. Read about nute absorption by the soil and by the plant, it differs a lot. Usually you'll find info saying that you should give light nutes during the second week or by the time they have two full sets of true leaves..The biggest mistake in my opinion is taking hurried action after reading two or three things(comments, reviews etc.) So don't take my words for assurance either. Surf the web, ask pros ;)

P.S. I am not sure the schedule I am following would suit your needs. It's better for you to follow your company's feeding schedule. Mine is BioBizz. Please ask anything you like, I'll do my best in giving you my opinion.

Ah I see. Thinking my soil is dense in nutrients as is because previous attempts to add anything have resulted in disaster. Mine are happy with RO ph'd down still :)

Next time you should choose a light medium. It gives you the comfort to experiment with fertilizers, kind of lets your girls tell you what they like and how much of it they like. Prevents disasters too. That's what happened to my previous girl, I put it in compost straight away and it got poisoned..

Hello again budds,Day 15 as of today. later on I'll get some pictures uploaded. In the meantime, I have a couple of doubts regarding growth rate.

Both plants look happy and healthy, no nute def. no underwatering/overwatering signs whatsoever. I'm watering them 2 times a week, 3-5 days apart depending on the humidity of the soil. One watering includes weekly feeding which is 2ml of biobizz Grow, 2ml BioHeaven, 2ml Activera.
Here's the thing. They are still dwarves! They're going for their first and second sets of 7 fingered leaves as we speak and they are not more than 4-5 inches tall. Considering their overall looks and health I'd say it happens to be as it is due to the bulb being MH and at a fair distance, not too close not too far..

Please leave me your 2 cents, it'd be much appreciated. More coming soon...

So here are the plants on day 16. Short and with a bushy attitude going on. Only 5cm tall each(~2 inches). I took the pots down lower, even with MH bulb they should make an effort getting that extra light themselves.. Any ideas?
IMG_20161018_001130.jpg
IMG_20161018_001036.jpg

Quick update:
I just realised both plants have started showing their pistils. The bigger one has developed its female parts and the other one is currently working on it.Later in the day I believe that too will make it clear she's a she..
However I'm not going to start them on bloom nutes until next week and in very small amounts with Biobizz's Biogrow still in the spotlight. I'm considering it to be 2.5-3.0 ml BioGrow and 1 ml BioBloom for each plant. I'm planning on making kind of a slow transition as the next three weeks go by instead of just flipping the switch to bloom right away. That's all folks

Back
Top Bottom