Starting This Journal For You Guys At Start Of Flower - AK47 Bush!

Did some defoliating today. Here are some pics. I will add more pics a little later tonight showing the close ups of the closeness and tightness of the future bud sites. They are all over the place!
IMG_039133.JPG
IMG_039237.JPG

Had to give her a drink of water tonight right before lights out. She was quite light when I lifted her. She took more water today than she has ever taken. I always shoot for about 10-15% runoff and usually exactly 1 gallon is perfect. Not today though because with 1 gallon I didn't get a drip from the bottom. Took 1.25 gallons to get her done. Surprised me because she just ate on the 22nd so the day before yesterday. The food/water on the 22nd was at about 900-1000ppm. Today the water/calmag/epson runoff was 610ppm so I think she must have eaten pretty good huh?

Her next luxurious dinner will be
2 Tsp Grow Big + 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/4 tsp Beastie Bloom and maybe a few drops of superthrive and a hint of Calmag per gallon. But just a hint per gallon on the Calmag because shes been getting plenty mixed in the distilled water between feedings.:thumb:

Oh yea...
I ph'ed the water/mag tonight at 7.0.
I did this because I know Mag gets absorbed easier at a higher ph and what I learned with this plant and dog gone soil is that if I water at about a 7 and feed at about a 6.5-6.7 she seems to stay happy.

I had some huge ph issues through veg. I got lockout (especially mag) a few times due to low ph I was seeing runoff in the very low 5's and she didn't want nuthin to do with it. Soil kept shooting acidic on my no matter what and even with Dolomite in it. Anyways it seems like she loves the food at 6.5-6.7 and water/mag at 7. Now I always seem to get runoff levels about 5.9-6.

Just wanted to share a few pics I took just now. Keep in mind this is my first grow so I would like some opinion on these pics. To me it looks like all of these flowers that are growing one after another on all of my branches and tops are going to all grow together eventually and form really long colas? If so these will be freakin huge! I've got bottom branches that are getting really good light because of the defoliation and even those are just loaded one after another with flower sites about an inch apart. Am I correct on them growing together eventually? If so, I'm gonna have a lot of them from the looks of it. I hope I'm right anyways.
IMG_039929.JPG
IMG_039733.JPG

Heres a bottom branch that gets really good light. Every one of the flower sites you see here is connected to that branch
IMG_039826.JPG
IMG_039632.JPG
IMG_040029.JPG

Haha....oh this is going to be fun to watch

I know! lol. Funny thing is that since shes my first the bigger she gets the more nervous I get that I'll have a catastrophe. I've read and read and then read some more and tried to wing it with what I read as far as trimming, super cropping, topping and everything else and some saying do this and that and others saying don't do it so for the most part I figured it's the first one so I figured I would do most of the options to gain some experience.
That being said, nobody told me how much you will get attached to these things. I have a lot of pride in her and the closer she gets the more scared I get lol. Normal I guess?

Dont worry you got this girl in great shape. AK47 is a forgiving strain aswell and very hard to mess up. I can see your supercropping with the split stems, try to avoid splitting in future if you can but as you can see it doesnt matter and the plant can recover from anything. Awesome plant n I cant wait for the budding to begin!!

Herb :yummy:

Dont worry you got this girl in great shape. AK47 is a forgiving strain aswell and very hard to mess up. I can see your supercropping with the split stems, try to avoid splitting in future if you can but as you can see it doesnt matter and the plant can recover from anything. Awesome plant n I cant wait for the budding to begin!!

Thanks Herby and I sure will be more careful in the future on the supercropping.

:popcorn:
Fanleaf,
Don't be nervous.:goodjob:
This gal is wonderful and lovely as they grow to suit OUR purposes.
I used to get sad when harvest time approached.
Now, I just pop another bean. Problem solved. Like with women, lose one....go get another. :morenutes:

Looking good so far. I have a few small brown spots on a few leaves. They are the same as when I had low soil ph and runoff so with her food tonight I had a little work to do because the initial food/water was ph'ed at 6.5 and runoff came out at 5.5 so it's dropping again. The soil ph at the top tested at 6.8 and midway in the pot tested at 6.1 and at the very bottom of the pot tested at 5.2! I love these air pots because my soil probe slides right in anywhere.

I'm feeding at about 1100ppm (
2 Tsp Grow Big + 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/4 tsp Beastie Bloom and a little superthrive) and the runoff at 1st came out at 5.5 and 720ppm after 10% runoff

Fed another gallon through her mixed up the same way (1100 and 6.5) and runoff showed 800 and 5.5

At this point I tested the soil again. At the top it was 6.8-6.9 and mid way was 6.3 and the bottom was 5.5

Fed a 3rd gallon of the same through her and and soil ph at the top was 6.8 and midway in the pot was 6.6 and at the bottom is is showing 5.8 so I'm going to call that decent for right now and see what happens.

For those who don't know, in veg I had serious acidic ph levels and had to flush her out several times because I kept getting lockout. My runoff in veg was getting as low as 5.0 without ANY nutes and using distilled. I'm sure some of the rookie mistakes had a few things to do with it in the very very beginning. I didn't add any Dolomite at the start or any added perlite and on top of that I did over water her the first few times in veg so I think I caused some peat moss decay to make the soil go acidic fast but I'm not sure.

Never the less, I've got my eye on her close right now and if I need to flush again I will but I think shes ok for now. I will be foliar feeding her some earthjuice and epson just to help her get some mag and mico's.

Thats a gorgeous plant! Looking forward to the colas youll have from that. Id love to veg a plant for that amount of time, I just dont have it. She will stop growing roughly by day 21, some can grow until 28 but 21 for 90%. Heres 2 ak`s I grew

gallery_16243_2120_25596.jpg
Pic0001_965.jpg

WE HAVE FROST!!!!!
Gave her a good once over today while she was sunbathing under the LED's. Took off a few more big fans that were up high blocking decent light from getting through and noticed that all of the leaves around the bud sites are getting some frost all around them. 15 days in flower now and shes lookin gooood!

I will upload a few new pics probable tomorrow for y'all. Getting excited now. This girl is gonna produce! How much she produces I have no idea though lol.

looking good! how long did you veg her for?

Believe it or not I only vegged her for 30 days to the day the seed broke soil. She grew really quickly. She broke soil on 8-14 and in 1 month was topped twice, once above node 4 and then 3 nodes up from that again. I have my offline journal on my computer desktop I kept since germination with pictures too. If the next of the same seed start growing like she did I will be making fem seeds from a branch using Tiresias mist.

Fanleaf,
Only 30 days veg? WOW:thedoubletake:
Im currently at 90 days veg with my bubblegum and she isnt as vibrant as your gal.
Props! and +reps.

Back
Top Bottom