Starting This Journal For You Guys At Start Of Flower - AK47 Bush!

Damn sexy lady! She is gorgeous. I love how evenly green she is. Also being covered in buds certainly helps her appeal. :)

Yea, my camera always tends to make a few upper leafs look lighter green but I think it's just the angle of the leaf to the camera. Thank you Bamalabrat. I really appreciate it. Glad I've taken my first one this far!

Finally. I'm done with distilled water. My reverse osmosis with de-ionizing filter unit came in today. Hooked it up, flushed the filter system and filled a jug. Tested at 6.5ph and 002ppm TDS vs straight from the tap at 8.2 and 290ppm TDS. YES!

:thumb:

That may be the best $80 I spent

Hey FanLeaf! long time no see! I have decided to switch over to hydroponics if you are wondering and will be starting a grow journal soon. But i was wondering with your RO system if it would be able to hook up to a simple garden hose straight out of the box. Let me know if it will work so i can buy it. Thanks man!

Hey FanLeaf! long time no see! I have decided to switch over to hydroponics if you are wondering and will be starting a grow journal soon. But i was wondering with your RO system if it would be able to hook up to a simple garden hose straight out of the box. Let me know if it will work so i can buy it. Thanks man!

You choose when you buy it if you want it to hook up to a garden hose or sink adapter. I chose the kitchen sink adapter. While the sink adapter model flows a bit slower, in the winter time I won't be cussing lol.

Kitchen sink one..
s-l800.jpg

If you wanted the garden hose adapter instead you just let the guy know when you buy it.

I want to stay soil for now. I like the soil taste. Please let me know when you start your journal. I will follow for sure!:thumb:

Fanleaf, where did you get the RO for $80? I have not been able to find one less than 200.

I'll post you a link. I love it so far. If you have decent water pressure in your house it's great. I screw it onto my sink, put a jug in the sink and turn it on and walk away for a few minutes while it fills. I had no problem filling 15 gallons the other day for my flush. It really does work great. My tap water is 8.2 ph and 290ppm. After going through the unit it's 6.5 and 001-002ppm. The reading I did told me to get a unit with a DI filter (de-ionizing).
My kit has no tank and that's fine with me but for $80 and replacement filters easily available I thought it was a no brainer.

He also has them with storage tanks for less than $200. Heres the one I bought.
s-l800.jpg

Thanks Fanleaf. I am going to order the same unit. :) I get 8.4 and 180 ppm from the faucet, so this will be excellent. Will be able to get the PPM's for the feed chart with out having to count the starting water and pH down. :) Thanks again for the info bro. :Namaste:

Thanks Fanleaf. I am going to order the same unit. :) I get 8.4 and 180 ppm from the faucet, so this will be excellent. Will be able to get the PPM's for the feed chart with out having to count the starting water and pH down. :) Thanks again for the info bro. :Namaste:

Just like distilled water I noticed that I have to clean my TDS meter off really good when testing the RO water. I filled 2 cups, one with RO and the other with tap. I tested the RO water at 6.5 and 002ppm then tested the tap 8.2 at 290 then immediately dipped the TDS meter back in the RO water ad seen mid 7's. lol the RO water is so clean that just a few drops of tap left on the meter influence the reading big time..

Fanleaf,
Your tric pics are mesmerizing on my monitor. :trance:
Not really plant related, but would you share what you use to take pics like that?
:geek:

BTW...all caught up. I'm subbd.:nicethread:

Fanleaf,
Your tric pics are mesmerizing on my monitor. :trance:
Not really plant related, but would you share what you use to take pics like that?

lol. Your gonna love this..... I'm using an eBay $13 pocket microscope and an old cannon digital camera. Heres exactly what I'm using. The camera is just an old Cannon 12.1 mega pixel Powershot like seen in the 2nd link.

Heres the scope

s-l2000.jpg

Heres a camera just like mine
s-l2100.jpg

I have always said that Canon digital point and shoots are the best point and shoots on the market. I have one that has to be 5 years old and still takes the best dang pictures. Now to grab me one of those microscopes....

I have always said that Canon digital point and shoots are the best point and shoots on the market. I have one that has to be 5 years old and still takes the best dang pictures. Now to grab me one of those microscopes....

I know. And if I could have held them both perfectly still the pics could have been much much better. It looked like a damn circus taking those. And to make it harder everything through the scope moves backwards so you move it the way you think you need to and....WRONG, you lose the spot and have to start over.

Welcome JuanCarlos!
:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom