Still Growing - SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Systems

Re: Still Growing - SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Sys

Hi C
About your guerrilla, they seem to have just started flowering now, correct? It's mid august and sunlight and heat will start decreasing rapidly. October is already a cold month in NorItal. From the pics I see that they are also located at a mid altitude/hilly region, which is great for T differences between night and day to boost resin production... but will they be ready by mid/late October? It's only 60 days left... I remember you planted them in March/April, so I'm wondering if this is common or the season hasn't been the best for outdoor growing?

Re: Still Growing - SoCal Hybrids & Mexican & Colombian Sativas Under Sun Natural Sys

My climate is of semi alpine type which means spring and summer is more like in the rest of mediterranean and fall and winter is more like alpine. October os a transition month here with a lot of rainfalls and spike in humidity which is always high. Still temp oscillate at around 15-18C during a day, so that dip doesn't hurt cannabis. In terms of finishing I see kushes, indica dominant strains and even quick sativas like Trainwreck ready by 3rd or last week of September. They always flower slowly at first and then they quickly bulk up in September. Pure sativas should be ready by middle October to early November and they can take the rain usually which is one of these traits I'm after. In terms of altitude The Sunny Spot is at 600 metres above the sea level, hills around you got that spot on!

The Aurora Ultra, MK Ultra, OG kush, Sour Deisel, Pure Kush, and Jack Herer have gone off, the last week of July, first week of August like clock work for years, and there all late this year. Have no clue. Your shit will be cool Con. so don't sweat it. That Ultra Dawg Bush is the bomb. I think your seeing how much these plants like to be topped. One time I took an Aurora Ultra Plant and topped every branch, the day after it started pre-flowering and instead of getting colas, I got double 3/4 size colas at every branch. I wish I had a pix cause it was real CRAZY looking. TOAST

The Aurora Ultra, MK Ultra, OG kush, Sour Deisel, Pure Kush, and Jack Herer have gone off, the last week of July, first week of August like clock work for years, and there all late this year. Have no clue. Your shit will be cool Con. so don't sweat it. That Ultra Dawg Bush is the bomb. I think your seeing how much these plants like to be topped. One time I took an Aurora Ultra Plant and topped every branch, the day after it started pre-flowering and instead of getting colas, I got double 3/4 size colas at every branch. I wish I had a pix cause it was real CRAZY looking. TOAST

That's impressive as hell. I wish you'd taken pictures too. I'll dream of it every now and then though. :laughtwo:

Oh yeah these plants bush out just perfectly. A lot of them have been topped twice like the big one. If buds will grow huge that will be a yielder I think. I guess these will be ready in September, I have to go tomorrow and check on the male when I come back home. I suppose I'm gonna cut the branches with sacs and open them at home so I have more control over pollination. I'm gonna probably go with a brush method.

conradino

what's the latest in the year you have planted outdoor and were still able to have a plant finish before bad weather or frost?

Hey HH! It was late June I think, later it just doesn't make sense unless it's an automatic.

So I smoked the Mexican... just after a week but I just had to try it. It's an amazingly clear happy/upbeat kind of high provoking smiling and laughing without a reason :laughtwo::tokin: U feel it in your forehead or around the eyes after a joint, I think it's gonna be a kind of creeper weed after good curing. Potency is quite good, better than my Nanda Devi to which this bud is quite similar but more euphoric I think. Smell is lightly fruity and lightly spicy: cinnamon, mature pear, lemon, swet mint. Taste is spicy with sourish and skunky notes, not far from my Malawi Gold, but there's no speediness to the high. Perfect for listening to the music or doing some general stuff. No dizzy notes here like in some hazes bred through Afghani, a child kind of feeling that's extremely relaxing. For now it's A++, but it will get better for sure when it's completely dry :smokin::cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm gonna check your journal, maybe I can chime in :smokin:

BTW, who ever smoked or grew Ghost Train Haze by Rare Dankness? There's so much hype about it right now that I started thinking if it's really that good?

That's an update from The Sunny Spot and The Shady Spot :smokin: A lot of pics but I hope you're gonna enjoy them :smokin: Conditions are excellent in my parts now, African anticyclone is bringing the heat again, but not like in July, so it won't put a strain on plants' photosynthesis, and recent rains refilled ground waters, so they have enough to go into middle flowering head on. I'm really not sure however that Ultra Dogs will be ready by the end of September, that might be more like first week of October, but you never know, it's a strain that I still don't know enough about. I also checked the Brix of most of the plants, so I know exactly how they're doing.

Bushy pheno as I call her. Brix: 16/17. That one might go purple.

b178.jpg

b247.jpg

b341.jpg

b435.jpg

b531.jpg

b618.jpg

Big pheno I call that one, cause it's the tallest gal in a whole bunch. Brix: 16. She's the slowest to flower though but I think she's gonna produce.

big16.jpg
big23.jpg
big33.jpg

big41.jpg
big51.jpg

Colombian Punto Roja. Very advanced for a pure sativa!

colo18.jpg
colo27.jpg
colo34.jpg
colo41.jpg
colo5.jpg
colo6.jpg

Grape Dogs, 4 females, so volcano method seems legit after all!

gd105.jpg
gd1110.jpg
gd123.jpg
gd215.jpg
gd312.jpg
gd412.jpg
gd59.jpg

gd67.jpg

gd74.jpg

gd84.jpg

gd95.jpg

Jarilla de Sinaloa. I like the structure. She's not gonna get big probably, but buds are very tight.

jarilla1.jpg
jarilla2.jpg
jarilla3.jpg
jarilla4.jpg
jarilla5.jpg

Ultra Dog male. Brix: 19. Some sacs are opening but too few to harvest the branches and get rid of him from the grow so I'll be monitoring things closely in the next few days. No wind now so very little risk of pollinating the whole crop.

m134.jpg
m230.jpg
m322.jpg
m414.jpg

Stretchy pheno, very OG leaning plant but fast to flower. Brix: 13,5.

s127.jpg

s225.jpg

s311.jpg

s411.jpg

s55.jpg

Samples for Brix testing I took.

samples.jpg

More pics are coming!

Rest of the pics.

Jarilla de Sinaloa, most likely male at this point.

sativamale1.jpg
sativamale2.jpg
sativamale3.jpg

Small Ultra Dog, another OG pheno, that got eaten by the insects in the beginning. I didn't test her for Brix unfortunately.

small12.jpg
small22.jpg

Weird pheno, a kind of OG pheno but weaker than most of the plants. Brix: 15. She got practically lollipopped.

w128.jpg
w227.jpg
w314.jpg
w417.jpg

That's all, folks :tokin:

Sheesh C! I feel like I just got back from a hiking trip after that. Glad conditions are so well for you.

Man, those are some of the healthiest outdoor plants I've ever seen! Fabulous color and posture!

And your Brix numbers are stellar~! :bravo:

They all look like they are getting what they need - reaching for the light and flourishing. I'd love to walk up to one of the big girls, and give her a hug. :circle-of-love: Great photos Conradino!

Hugging cannabis is great. I give them a shake from time to time :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sheesh C! I feel like I just got back from a hiking trip after that. Glad conditions are so well for you.

Let's hope they're gonna keep up!

Man, those are some of the healthiest outdoor plants I've ever seen! Fabulous color and posture!

And your Brix numbers are stellar~! :bravo:

They are healthy indeed, I'll be adding some microbes, lithothamnium and fish to let them feed more on calcium but that's it.

Those males wood scare me,,, my friend. Don't take but one or two sacks to ruin a crop. Believe me I've been there.. Soon as I see a male I kill it. If you want some pollen you can take a cut and keep it going in a cloner on a 12/12 regiment and it will continue to grow and put out pollen. Girls look great. I see alittle caterpillar damage. That's one thing I always hated was worms jumping off a plant as she dries. I've been using Capitan Jacks once about 20 days before harvest and haven't seen one worm since. Now I do know some places don't really get worms but I know here I do. Looking good my friend Keepem Green

great looking plants conradino

Have you ever had a plant that just wouldn't flower outdoors?

My mystery Nirvana sprouted March 20 barely showed a few hairs after 9wks 12/12
Put outdoor mid June and is still not showing hairs. and she is 23 weeks old

The clone of her is outdoors also since she went through about 4 wks 12/12 and was just hogging up valuable space.
She was put outdoor 2wks ago and shows very little maturation.

Back
Top Bottom