Still searching for The Strain

BAM55448

What to do with seeds? So I am still pretty new to this growing thing, I have not found „my strain“ yet but I have grown quite a few different strains. They come in the little test tubes but I bought extra seeds for when I find my strain I want to seed the tent. I thought Bruce Banner would be the strain but not exactly, I have 15 different genetics, I don’t want them to go bad. They were most fun to grow and good. I have really good genetics that’s don’t want to loose, from Dark Horse, Original Dankness, And my favorite so far Zamnesia.
Thanks for lookin and maybe giving ideas.

Hey BAM, if I consider the days before I grew my own when I bought commercial grown weed (black market where I am), it was a mixed bag, most of it was shitty crappy weed but some was pretty good. However, of the strains I have grown out I feel all of them were as good as the best commercial weed I bought, but I am still wanting to find out, are there strains out there that truely stand out above the rest. So I'm hoping you'll get an answer, I'd like to know if you find something or someone has a good suggestion. :hookah:

I can tell you 2 Indica Strains that are kick ass. "Cherry on Top" by Cannarado Genetics & Fire OG by 420. 2 of the strongest I've ever grown.
You say you haven't found "Your Strain" yet. I don't think you've done the proper research. First look up cannabis terpene profiles. This will tell you the effect you get from weed with those terpenes in it. Then look for the strains that have the terpenes you like. Don't go simply by THC content. Weed can have 30% THC & if it doesn't have the terpenes that give you the effect you want, you wont like it. Terpenes 1st. THC content 2nd.

I can tell you 2 Indica Strains that are kick ass. "Cherry on Top" by Cannarado Genetics & Fire OG by 420. 2 of the strongest I've ever grown.
You say you haven't found "Your Strain" yet. I don't think you've done the proper research. First look up cannabis terpene profiles. This will tell you the effect you get from weed with those terpenes in it. Then look for the strains that have the terpenes you like. Don't go simply by THC content. Weed can have 30% THC & if it doesn't have the terpenes that give you the effect you want, you wont like it. Terpenes 1st. THC content 2nd.
Hey Buds, thanks for sharing your 2 kick ass strains. I wondered whether you found them from first looking up the terpene profiles?

Good suggestion to search the terpene profiles. Altho personally I am not so confident to make a choice in such a way, I think I'd probably end up placing a lot more credibility in someone's actual recommendation than going off a table or chart, but that's not to say that it isn't a great way to search out what may suit you. I feel agreement with you on the high/stone being about a lot more than the THC%, and yeah I've come to the conclusion that THC% alone is a big distraction, but having said that, there are a few hundred different cannabinoids, and I really wonder can anyone really say at this point precisely which of those components are the key ones. I feel doubt about that because for decades there was this assumption that THC% was everything, and now terpenes are getting all the rave, but I wonder if that really covers it? Or in a few more decades will folk look back and declare we still only had half the picture, that there's more than terpenes to it too? I kinda think so, altho I have no expertise and are just sprouting off the top my head! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the tips Buds it’s not just the „effect“ I like the effect of all of them, but I do lean towards the indica strains better but I got a Haze starting maybe that will be my fav. I am surly having fun looking? I have a GSC That was good and had about 15% (honestly I screwed ner up a bit so probably less. That was a smell issue I thought it smelled like fresh paint)

What would you do with extra seeds? How is the best way to store them?

Hey stinger thanks for the comment,
I need to look at how they grow too because I am still learning. Want Sativa Yields in indica time and, easy to grow.
I think the THC is not so important I do have a couple high ones going now a Gorilla Girl and a HulkBerry I am liking how they grow. My pink Lady is about 15% according to the package.

Thanks for the tips Buds it’s not just the „effect“ I like the effect of all of them, but I do lean towards the indica strains better but I got a Haze starting maybe that will be my fav. I am surly having fun looking? I have a GSC That was good and had about 15% (honestly I screwed ner up a bit so probably less. That was a smell issue I thought it smelled like fresh paint)

I keep my seeds in 35mm black film containers in my closet & they stay good. I bought 50 of them on the bay for about $8 I think.... from China.

Hey stinger thanks for the comment,
I need to look at how they grow too because I am still learning. Want Sativa Yields in indica time and, easy to grow.
I think the THC is not so important I do have a couple high ones going now a Gorilla Girl and a HulkBerry I am liking how they grow. My pink Lady is about 15% according to the package.
Ahhh... the Gorilla Girl / Gorilla Cookies / Glue Cookies / etc. That one goes by many names.

My favorite so far is Honey Peach CBD.
But THC for me is 3rd on the list.
I look for terpenes, CBD then THC.
The Honey Peach has a fantastic smell and its 12% CBD and just 9% THC.

My next grow I will be doing 3 Honey Peach , they are an autoflower so should be done seed to harvest in 10 weeks.
Then I am going to try a Diet Durban that is 7% THC and 7% THCV
And a Doctor Seedsman that is 21% CBD and less than 1% THC.

I think these will be good for BLENDING, you may never find that perfect strain but you can certainly blend exactly what you want if you have enough totally different strains with varied terpene profiles and then blend.

Storing seeds in the refrigerator seems to be the most popular. Some people mention storing in the freezer area.

Put the spare seeds in a small container with a lid that will not accidentally open. I like to put several notes on the container or on a small piece of paper that goes in with the seeds.

The notes include the name of the strain or if they are "bagseed". Also where the seeds came from or who gave them to me. The date I got the seeds goes on the paper.

I keep my seeds in 35mm black film containers
I was going to mention these containers. Other options are the milky colored film cans. Some of the 'head' shops or smoke shops might have small tubes or plastic containers similar to the film cans.

I keep my seeds in the fridge on the bottom shelf. I have them in an igloo screw top cooler with some silica packets inside. All seeds are in plastic zip bags.

If you do end up storing in the fridge and want to use only one seed from a pack you will want to let the entire pack come up to room temp. This way there will be no condensation from temperature changes that can encourage mold.
You want to keep them at around 8% rh if you can. 8% being the ideal seed storage rh.

My next grow I will be doing 3 Honey Peach , they are an autoflower so should be done seed to harvest in 10 weeks.

I think these will be good for BLENDING, you may never find that perfect strain but you can certainly blend exactly what you want if you have enough totally different strains with varied terpene profiles and then blend.
I am full for the next two runs but I was looking for a CBD to grow, thanks for the tip I will check it out.

I keep my seeds in 35mm black film containers in my closet & they stay good. I bought 50 of them on the bay for about $8 I think.... from China.
I have never heard of anyone getting them from China, were they being sold as a particular strain? I presume they were regulars? What did you think of the result post harvest?
If you do end up storing in the fridge and want to use only one seed from a pack you will want to let the entire pack come up to room temp. This way there will be no condensation from temperature changes that can encourage mold.
You want to keep them at around 8% rh if you can. 8% being the ideal seed storage rh.
That's a good point to highlight, you definitely want to take them to room temperature to avoid condensation. I think a desiccant package or some rice added to the container may help, even to heat the rice up a bit so it dries out further first.

. I think a desiccant package or some rice added to the container may help, even to heat the rice up a bit so it dries out further first.
That's what the silica packs are. They come with meds or electronics. I stick them in a bag to reuse later on.

I don't use rice because I do get some condensation inside of my cooler when I open it. I think the rice would eventually mold?

I don't use rice because I do get some condensation inside of my cooler when I open it. I think the rice would eventually mold?
I guess if rice absorbed enough water it could mold, but I recall something of Shed mentioning about baking rice to make it super dry and using a wrapped up ball of it to very effectively lower the humidity level within a jar when it was high. I guess if using rice, one could have some fresh 'oven baked' rice on hand to replace it with.

I have seeds stored in the fridge from 2 or 3 years ago, my more recent seeds I have stored low in the coolest room of the house because as you point out when in the fridge on has to contend with the potential of condensation.

Who has honey peach seeds? Sounds nice.

What to do with seeds? So I am still pretty new to this growing thing, I have not found „my strain“ yet but I have grown quite a few different strains. They come in the little test tubes but I bought extra seeds for when I find my strain I want to seed the tent. I thought Bruce Banner would be the strain but not exactly, I have 15 different genetics, I don’t want them to go bad. They were most fun to grow and good. I have really good genetics that’s don’t want to loose, from Dark Horse, Original Dankness, And my favorite so far Zamnesia.
Thanks for lookin and maybe giving ideas.
Make sure they are dry. You can add dried rice to the containers. Seal them up and put in the fridge or freezer. I just popped 8 year old seeds this season and got 20 out of 20. They were kept in the fridge in small baggies inside of a larger jar with a desiccate packet.

The breeder is Sweet Seeds but far as I can tell damn near every place that sells seeds has them.
I’ve never really gotten anything out of CBD, but combined with some THC sounds promising. Do you use it for specific medical issues?

Back
Top Bottom