Strain type A+, A++, A+++, etc: What is the difference?

garybo

While looking for seeds, I’m seeing descriptive notes such as “A+, A++ strain”, while other seed banks advertise “A+++ strain” and so on.

I’m assuming these descriptions are pertaining to the quality of the seed. Can someone explain to me the differences? Personally, I would gladly spend more for a quality seed over a want-to-be.

Thanks in advance.

perhaps it is referring to the breeding of the seed,, how stable it is,, there is terms for this but i forget,, goes in four or perhaps three stages,, just a thot

i remember now,, how many times the plant has been cross bred correctly,, but the ratings are f1, f2, f3,, i think is near correct,, f3 meaning that each and every seed will produce near exactly the same plant

perhaps semi accurate at best

i remember now,, how many times the plant has been cross bred correctly,, but the ratings are f1, f2, f3,, i think is near correct,, f3 meaning that each and every seed will produce near exactly the same plant

perhaps semi accurate at best
Thanks for that description, so if I'm understanding this correctly, the higher the number, the better the seed.

my understanding,, least with the f's

While looking for seeds, I’m seeing descriptive notes such as “A+, A++ strain”, while other seed banks advertise “A+++ strain” and so on.

I’m assuming these descriptions are pertaining to the quality of the seed. Can someone explain to me the differences? Personally, I would gladly spend more for a quality seed over a want-to-be.

Thanks in advance.
Hello @garyb Hope you are having a good day my friend.
My advice would be order from @Weed Seeds Express .
Great genetics, fast discrete shipping and they are always around for support if you need them.
That says a lot about their service and quality.

Stay safe
Bill

Probably just some "made up" marketing tactic to psudo rate seeds. Kind of funny because you could buy a A+++++ pack of seeds, and each pheno will be different.... Its pretty much marketing BS to probably push seeds they want to sell, or get a larger margin on IMO.

What up Most Excellent @garybo ??

pull up a chair for lengthy & detailed explanation…

after countless nanoseconds of research…. our experts have determined the difference between A+, A++ and A+++ is some have more plus signs than the others……

sorry dude - it’s like shooting fish in a barrel

Happy New Year man!!!

What up Most Excellent @garybo ??

pull up a chair for lengthy & detailed explanation…

after countless nanoseconds of research…. our experts have determined the difference between A+, A++ and A+++ is some have more plus signs than the others……

sorry dude - it’s like shooting fish in a barrel

Happy New Year man!!!
@013 Nice hearing from you.

Been away from the site since last fall’s crop ripened and was cropped. Nothing to do with hanging here at 420, it’s just that football season started. I’m a slut when it comes to college football. “Roll Tide”.

Planning on mixing a few auto’s with my normal selection of regular seeds this spring. Never grown an auto before and was one of my “bucket list” items to do. Wish me luck.

I have a few dozen regular seeds in the fridg' which will suffice for the regulars I'll be growing. Its the auto's I was looking for when I came across that question about the seed selection. Since then I've selected the strains I'll be playing with.

Take care my friend and Happy New Year to you and yours as well.

Yes it’s been kinda slow over holidays, glad you are still hanging here!!! Roll Tide huh? nice!

figured it was the F123 but that’s not nearly as much fun as messing with your noggin! Awesome - same here on mixing some autos into the rotation. I restocked on store bought beans a while back then found a few real nice keepers in some great nugs from a friend so I’m pumped to try these.

Happy New Year to you!!! Maybe your wallet and harvests be green…

F1 simply means two pure strains have been cross-bred once - Filial 1 or first generation
These generally produce the strongest and most vigorous plants
Whether breeders/advertisers adhere to this convention is a different matter entirely
Perhaps that's why some distributers sell their beans almost double the price as others. Personally I'm all for paying that extra for a superior plant.

Back
Top Bottom