Super Silver Haze - Soil - 2 x Mars 2 400 Watt - Converted Closet

It appears to be completely normal to see some oddities out of the first couple of leaves, They look fine to me.

What distance are your plants at from the light exactly? It's so hard to tell from pictures.

It appears to be completely normal to see some oddities out of the first couple of leaves, They look fine to me.

second that. i had a few "abnormalities" on the first couple sets of leaves on a couple plants, NBD.

I guess I was more worried they could have been a little stressed with the changes to the closet space and LED.

My current plan is to transplant these to the large 15 gal pots I have after they out grow the 4" pots. I know it will be a bit wasteful with water but would I be better to say go to a 7 or smaller first? then transplant to the larger ones after?

SSH Has a long flowering time to them and I want to allow as much root growth as possible.

Input appreciated :hmmmm:

I guess I was more worried they could have been a little stressed with the changes to the closet space and LED.

My current plan is to transplant these to the large 15 gal pots I have after they out grow the 4" pots. I know it will be a bit wasteful with water but would I be better to say go to a 7 or smaller first? then transplant to the larger ones after?

SSH Has a long flowering time to them and I want to allow as much root growth as possible.

Input appreciated :hmmmm:
15 gal pots are huge. Are you vegging for a few months? #3, #5, are all you need. My closet gets warm with 300 watts too, I just leave door cracked and it stays about 75f. #5's will give you a large plant and keep dirt costs down.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Thanks for the read RTK, I will pick up some 7 gal pots next for the first transplant.

It's about -15 or colder lately Millertm where IM at so outdoor insects are not much of an issue now but come spring I will keep an eye on her. By then this room should be finished converting into our walk in closet, so I dont think the dog will be in here much with our clean clothes.

Hey JJ! I would echo the step up transplanting plan. Although either way is fine as far as the plant is concerned. Let's face it the plant doesn't even know that it is in a container until the roots touch an impervious substrate. i.e. "the edge of the pool!" But here is what occurs. The plant will begin to aggressively grow roots and actually slow it's top growth a little as it does so. Now this is absolutely fine....the more healthy roots during the early growth stage ultimately means a larger canopy and.......wait for it..... More buds to enjoy later on. The "wait for it" part is the issue. If you gradually step up the plant it will tend to grow it's frame and structure as it grows roots. The bottom line is that you extend the time of your grow. I will use myself as an example.

On my farm I had 3 different barn grows going on. In one I had Dinachems going in 5 and 7 gallon buckets under 1000 watt HPS/ HP.
At the same time since I had 16 foot ceilings I decided to grow one absolute monster Dinachem in a 30 gallon container under a single 1000 watt HPS/HP. Started at the same time The bucket plants were stair stepped up from 1/2 gallon to gallon to 2 gallon containers to their final homes. The giant was just put into the 30 and just let it go. Everybody was healthy and happy all the way through the grow until the very last when I had " The War Of The Spider Mites" going during the last 2 weeks of each grow. The 5 and 7 gallon plants finished a little over 4 weeks quicker that the 30 gallon plant. They were also about 10 days quicker going into preflower at the flip. They developed flowers at a much quicker rate even though they were consuming about a third of the water. The RH in the room with the smaller buckets was much easier to control since the smaller volume of soil lost less to evaporation than the 30 gallon container. At it's peak the 30 Gallon plant was drinking around 12 gallons a day or so. With the larger surface area of the pot and the much larger canopy's transpiration rate the RH was much harder to regulate. Now when it came to bud size and harvest the 30 gallon plant was impressive. But when you take into account the extra time and expense of filling the larger container with Promix HP and other soil amendments during the grow, my conclusion was that a 5-7 gallon container with a step up transplanting schedule was both more cost effective and easier to manage from a cultural standpoint. Best of luck in all you grow!

I'm in the same boat, I went 10g and veg'ed 5 weeks, huge plants (2) filled my 4x4 so I no longer had access. Yes, spider mites struck and I was limited on how to fight them. Small plants in, 5 or 7 gal
Pots will do fine. My T5 grow had 4 plants in 6"×6" pots and had over 2 zips per plant. (1 had less due to heat stress). I'm using 5 gal pots with about 0.5 cu ft of dirt (FFOF) and I'm looking to get close to 200g per plant.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Having an issue loading my pics so I will try to get them up later today.

Transplanted to 3 gal pots, thought they were 5 gals but I was wrong..... :hmmmm:

At 2 week old the girls had roots right to the bottom of the 4" pots and looking good!

Stuck with my initial mix of 75% Pro Mix and 25% Perlite. Also now have the light at 18" above

Local shop suggested to start introducing some Bio Root at this point and I picked up some

Watered the plants 1qt over a joint :smokin:

Thanks for the input, look forward to showing them off !!

Unfortunately I still not load pics for some reason, I continue to get a "Error" message after upload.....

Other news, some how the closet door was open a touch and the cats got in there........

24 hours after Cat party the 2 plants appear to be healing...... FML

Any input? I know without a pic it is difficult. The one was fallen right over so I proped it with a stick, lots of leaves in rough shape.

Time will tell most likely

Unfortunately I still not load pics for some reason, I continue to get a "Error" message after upload.....

Other news, some how the closet door was open a touch and the cats got in there........

24 hours after Cat party the 2 plants appear to be healing...... FML

Any input? I know without a pic it is difficult. The one was fallen right over so I proped it with a stick, lots of leaves in rough shape.

Time will tell most likely

Where are you getting the error message, on your camera or from this site?

you have other photos up so not sure if its the uploader or if maybe your files are a different format or perhaps are too large in size..?

To start off, you need to make sure your pictures are the correct format.
Our gallery accepts jpg, jpeg, gif, png file formats.
Photo size must not exceed 10MB.
from this thread -> How to Upload Photos

what kind of "party" did your cats have lol, is there much damage?? id probably just prop 'em up well, tied to a stake and maybe check the soil, if its dry, a watering might help them heal? but thats just speculation, don't take my word for it. As long as the stem is intact, i'd think that any leaves still attached should still be photosynthesizing..

not sure theres much else you can do in the case of a feline assault, hehe..

No idea why but I can now upload pics again!

Girls healed up alright from the Cat..... Glad to see progress and not see them die.

Anyways pics~~!!!!
1453863209749-1049874378.jpg

14538634760851996124487.jpg

1453863505517-274022882.jpg

I'm close to approaching 4 weeks, I was considering of changing from 24hr to 18/6, I have my single Mars 400 18" above the plants at the moment.

Currently watering roughly once every 5 days. Humidity is low in the closet as you may see in the one picture.

Looks good JJ. im in. im really startin to get into these led grows. ive been eyein up some of them mars IIs.. I do a bunch with hids and am currently doin a DIY cfl grow. I gotta land me some mars gear and some crop king seed soon and i might just have to build another tent! :thumb: :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom