Sweet Seeds FastBud #2 Auto - Indoor Box Grow

Hasnain

Hello everyone!

So this is my second grow,

Here’s a link to my first completed grow:-
South Indian Sativa LED SOG Experiment

Now, let’s get started with my new grow!

The setup is gonna be the same as my previous grow, I am gonna be posting pictures soon.

So far here are some details i would like to share:-

1. Seed = sweet seeds fastbud #2 auto (1 seed)
2. Growbox = 3.5 x 3 feet, height = 6 feet
3. Light = full spectrum 321 actual watts led light (Bestva)
4. Soil medium = expanded cocopeat brick and perlite at almost 1:1 ratio. Very fluffy and airy soil.
5. Pot = 3 gallon fabric pot
6. Climate = average of 28 Celsius and humidity about 50-60%
7. Nutes = 3 part nute solution by RadonGrow (local Indian company) + water soluble calcium nitrate and magnesium sulphate powder
8. Distilled water

If I’m missing out any details please let me know and I’ll add that info as well.

So, today is May 27th and I’ve just popped my germinated seed into the soil. Should pop out in a day or so.

I washed the soil thoroughly till I got a runoff ppm of about 100 and ph of 7.
I will start adjusting things as I go, will start feeding the plant the required ppms as and when required.

Now this strain is supposed to finish it’s full cycle and should be ready to harvest in about 60-70 days from the date of germination.

The very first question I’ve got is, how much, and when, do I increase the ppm of my feed? I found this somewhere:-

Seedlings, Early Sprouts 100 to 250
Early Vegging 300 to 400
Full Vegetation 450 to 700
Early Blooming 750 to 950
Full Mature Blooms 1000 to 1600

Should I try and follow this? Or does anyone have a better idea?

I am think of feeding about 200-250 ppm during the early stage, and then bump it up to 500-600 once there more vegetative growth, and as soon as I see it budding, bumping it up to about 700-800 and once the buds really start their work, bump it up to about 900-1000...

So yes, please let me know what you think!

@Scientific , @EastCoastGhost , @Scrogdawg , @JustMeds , @Mondstern , @Rider509 , @TurboBucket , @somaraja — I’m back guys! Looking forward to hear from all of you again!

Cheers!!!

Hey Hasnain! Hope you've been well.

Sounds like your just about ready. Two quick notes I noticed. pH of 7 is a little high for Coco. With the feed schedule that's a good baseline to start, you will have to adjust as the grow progresses based on the plants reactions. Build up slowly, Coco should be watered with nutients everytime no plain water.

Good luck! :thumb:

Hey Hasnain! Hope you've been well.

Sounds like your......

Good luck! :thumb:

Hi!!

Yes 7 is basically the neutral ph of the soil, and I’ll leep adjusting it as I keep going.

U sure I should keep using nutes throughout?? Doesn’t cocopeat start to develop salt buildup? I guess I should keep checking the runoff ph and ppm and then decide? If the ppm is more than what i want, I could use plain water the next time just to bring it to what level I feel is right at that particular phase right?..

What’s the reason for using nutes everytime? Do let me know.

Thanks!!

Coco and peat moss are two different mediums.

Coco possess no CEC properties meaning it won't hold a nutrient charge. The only food available is what is in the water contained within the pot.

Peat moss has some Cation ExChange properties and will absorb a nutrient charge from the nutrient solution.

Mineralized soils have the highest CEC properties.

Whatever you put into a pot of Coco is what the plant gets. With peat moss or mineral soil it will buffer what you add. So you feed 500ppm on Monday and water on Thursday, the soil plant gets 500 and then maybe 350 depending on evaporation ( which is the primary cause of salt buildup) the Coco plant gets 500 and then effectively 0 depending on how much solution is still contained in the medium. It's a basic example but I hope it illustrates the point.

Another way to think about it is a dirty rag in a bucket. You wipe up all the dirt and it's trapped in the rag. A "Coco rag" would leave all the dirt behind the first time you rinsed it, it would hold onto none of the dirt you wiped up (your nutrient solution) The "soil/peat rag" would take multiple rinses to get all the dirt out. Leaving behind less and less each time.

Ah yes I understand what you mean,

So I guess I’ll keep feeding nutes and if I see any symptoms of salt buildup, then I could give the soil a nice flush and start over again.

Does that sound like the way to go?

HyenaMerica sw.....

Yes I’m sure they want us to use a lot, that’s why the best thing I did in my last grow was to follow ppms instead of blindly going by recommended strengths, because nutes from various companies vary in their strengths..

I’ve still got to build my way up and figure out what’s the ppm sweet spot

May 28th - Day 1

Alright, so I popped the seed in yesterday, and she’s already out!

Here a pic of my grow box.

You can check out more pics of my setup in my previous grow journal, the link is in the opening post of this journal.

Here’s the seedling popping out already:-

So, I’ve turned on the lights right away, distance from the light to the seedling is about 3 feet, I’ll watch closely and adjust the height if required.

I’m planning on a 20/4 photo period, guessing that should be enough.

So that’s all for now guys, let’s hope things keep continuing at a good pace since it’s an auto!

Cheers and stay tuned!

May 29th - Day 2

There’s been some more development. The cotyledon leaves are out and so are the first pair of true leaves (I think that’s what they’re called...right?)

Here’s a quick pic:-

I’ve just been misting the seedling with some distilled water, soil looks moist enough for now, I’ll probably start with nutes in 3-4 days time, just a very very light strength (200 ppm approx).

I’m obviously using a large pot, well it’s large for the seedling right now. A friend told me the best way to water right now is to just mainly water around the diameter of the plant, and not water too much beyond that, because the roots wouldn’t have reached that far yet. Does that sound ok? Or should I be watering the entire area of soil always? Is this classic overthinking? lol

If any of you have got any tips or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

31st May - Day 4

So, the seedling is steady, the first pair of true leaves have grown just a little bit, I feel the past two days things have slowed down just a little bit (or maybe I’m expecting things to be a bit too fast, outta impatience).

Here’s a quick pic:-

I’ve been feeding plain water about 200ml per day and the soil seems to be moist enough for the seedling.

Still not sure when to start using nutes, what I’ve heard is that generally plants don’t need nutes for the first week at least, or till the cotyledon leaves start yellowing.. I guess I’ll just start using nutes after I see some more development, so maybe 3-4 more days.

That’s it’s for now I guess, please let me know what u think.

Thanks and Cheers!

June 2nd - Day 6

Alright guys, so I went ahead and fed some nutes today.. very very light dose, 4drops (0.2 ml) each of micro, grow and bloom. Total ppm was about 180.

The second set of leaves is just beginning to emerge ever so slightly, here’s a pic, zoom in to see:-

I’m hoping to see if the plant starts reacting to food.

That’s it for now, please give me your inputs if any

Cheers and Stay Tuned!!

June 20th - Day 23

What’s up people!!

Sorry for a very very delayed update!!

Things were just slowly building up, and I feel it’s time for an update!

So I’ve been gradually increasing the feed ppm over the past few weeks and right now I’m hitting about 450 ppm.

The plant is fine, nice and green everywhere and the temps and everything else is stable.

Here are some pics of the 23 day old plant:-

Yes, I know it’s a sudden jump from the last update hahahaha.. but there she is.

As of now, the lights are almost 4 feet away from the plant! Should I bring them down now? Or do u feel it’s fine?? If not, what distance should I start with?

Any thoughts, suggestions, advice? Do let me know!

Cheers and Stay Tuned!!!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom