SweetSue Showcases The GROWant GR240 - Lighting Up A 2x2

Hi SweetSue,

I'm subbed. Didn't want to miss what you can do! I've already seen how well you grow. Hopefully the new light will make you even better.

:welcome: Bode. :hug: What a lovely sentiment. I hope you're right. :laughtwo: So far the plants are adapting well. Everyone has new growth bursting out.

IMG_265714.JPG

Carnival looks a little beat up, but she has significant new growth.

IMG_265924.JPG

IMG_26651.PNG

IMG_265815.JPG

Malawi has promising top growth....

IMG_266326.JPG

...as well as exciting new leaves popping along the stem. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_266027.JPG

Chem Dawg is stealing the show. :laughtwo:

IMG_266126.JPG

IMG_266423.JPG

I'm heartened by what I found today. All this growth speaks to vigor I've grown accustomed to. :green_heart:

Was checking out the lamp. Looks really cool. I do have a stupid question though :) Why is the black lamp cheaper than the white lamp on their webpage? The price is almost the same, but not completely. I see that applies to all the white lamps. Apparently always a little higher priced. Just out of curiosity - Is the white ones more expensive to make - paint or?

It's my preferred tool for midi programming (original cubase v2). It's been semi 'out to pasture' in a cupboard for a few years while I was studying. Now that I'm based at home and needing a focus (outside my diy tiny closet grow) I've spent this month organising it and the old akai samplers into a happy sculpture on my desk. I've almost remembered how to use it all!! So much happier with this setup than I am on a fully software /laptop based arrangement. Floppy disks... Zip disks, patch cables, I'm in heaven .

Sorry sue - off topic... kind of. But it's almost a prerequisite to get high first before firing up the sampler!

Was checking out the lamp. Looks really cool. I do have a stupid question though :) Why is the black lamp cheaper than the white lamp on their webpage? The price is almost the same, but not completely. I see that applies to all the white lamps. Apparently always a little higher priced. Just out of curiosity - Is the white ones more expensive to make - paint or?

You know I was pondering the same thing on their website... odd. I liked the black better!

Still can't afford it tho' - or the mars Cob unfortunately (I've been following your MarsHydro thread!) - haven't priced one here tho, don't know if they're in Aus. yet. I'll swing over and ask Sara.

The silence you speak of would be a plus!!

I do like the super low power draw of these GROWant lights tho, too.

Jesse, I couldn't recall welcoming you, so :welcome: to my very first sponsored grow. :hug: Make yourself at home and ask anything.

Yes, DeVille the white actually needs an extra additive to protect it from the UV.

The low power draw of the Growant lamps is increadible. That makes them extremely interesting if you ask me. I'm seriously considering them for my next grow-room. But it's a little ahead in time. I'm seeing I can save money. Curious about how they perform

You know I was pondering the same thing on their website... odd. I liked the black better!

Still can't afford it tho' - or the mars Cob unfortunately (I've been following your MarsHydro thread!) - haven't priced one here tho, don't know if they're in Aus. yet. I'll swing over and ask Sara.

The silence you speak of would be a plus!!

I do like the super low power draw of these GROWant lights tho, too.

Are you planning to keep a stock in a European warehouse? It would open up EU in a new way for you as you could sell lights to entire European union toll free. If we buy your lights from US we have to pay huge import taxes. Some companies solve this by renting warehouses in Germany or other EU countries. It's a huge market

Are you planning to keep a stock in a European warehouse? It would open up EU in a new way for you as you could sell lights to entire European union toll free. If we buy your lights from US we have to pay huge import taxes. Some companies solve this by renting warehouses in Germany or other EU countries. It's a huge market
Having so much success with light sales in Europe we recently discussed this. As of now we do not have any European locations.
We ship anywhere, we have locations in the US and Asia. Orders in the US are free. Everywhere else would have to pay for shipping. There would be no US import tax, we would send all European orders from one of our Asian locations.

@GROWant - hi, is there a problem on your website at the moment? I've just tried a few different pathways to get there and keep getting a 'Forbidden'/403 Error page... (including the link above in your sig)

:Namaste:

Very weird. Would you mind trying again. I believe everything is in order now.

It doesn't really help that they're sent from Asia. I have to pay a 25% import tax on anything being shipped from outside the EU. It's quite a price difference. Especially when you want to buy many lamps

Hello I'm glad I'm subbed cheers!

:welcome: geturgrowon. Make yourself comfortable and get to know the gathering crowd. It's an intriguing light with this small draw. The babies love it. Everyone has noticable new growth coming along and no one looks stressed in the slightest. :slide:

IMG_271419.JPG

Are these strains heavy yielders Sue? They look happy :)

There is a trick you can do when you photograph blurple. Most cameras will let you adjust the white balance. So if you let the camera set the white balance, using a white sheet of paper (or anything else that's white) that's being illuminated by the light you want to photograph under - That way the camera will understand what is white and then the colors will look completely natural :) Just a little tip. Most cameras will have that functionality. Maybe not mobile phone cameras though. Those sunglasses works as well, but it gets a little blurry as the optics are not really made for that purpose.

Hope you're having a wonderful day in this beautiful universe

Are these strains heavy yielders Sue? They look happy :)

There is a trick you can do when you photograph blurple. Most cameras will let you adjust the white balance. So if you let the camera set the white balance, using a white sheet of paper (or anything else that's white) that's being illuminated by the light you want to photograph under - That way the camera will understand what is white and then the colors will look completely natural :) Just a little tip. Most cameras will have that functionality. Maybe not mobile phone cameras though. Those sunglasses works as well, but it gets a little blurry as the optics are not really made for that purpose.

Hope you're having a wonderful day in this beautiful universe

Oh, you know I'm having a wonderful day DeVille. :laughtwo: And you?

I have no camera to play with. Everything you see with my name was done either on the iPhone or iPad. :battingeyelashes: Carnival can be a heavy yielder, in the right conditions. I haven't broken the 2-ounce barrier with one yet, I don't believe, so my goal is in excess of two ounces.

The Malawi and Chem Dawg are new to my garden. I have a Malawi in bloom right now, in soil and under the COBs, so we shall see how the lights and medium change compare.

It's a beautiful sunny day here and all is well indeed :)

Back
Top Bottom