SweetSue Showcases The GROWant GR240 - Lighting Up A 2x2

There is a trick you can do when you photograph blurple. Most cameras will let you adjust the white balance. So if you let the camera set the white balance, using a white sheet of paper (or anything else that's white) that's being illuminated by the light you want to photograph under - That way the camera will understand what is white and then the colors will look completely natural :) Just a little tip. Most cameras will have that functionality. Maybe not mobile phone cameras though. Those sunglasses works as well, but it gets a little blurry as the optics are not really made for that purpose.

My cell phone's "mandatory" camera app doesn't have this feature, but I downloaded a random cammera app last year to try out - and it did. Were it not for the size of the application and the fact that every time I checked my memory usage the fooker was secretly running in the background, I might have kept it. I'll have to try to find a different third-party app. That <BLEEPING> <BLEEPING> <BLEEP> Google Play Store, though, it's like visiting a two-dollar whore house in the middle of a minefield during a severe lightning storm without wearing rubber-soled boots OR a condom.

Anyway, I'm still working on setup for my grow. But I did discover that looking towards the LED panel through four thicknesses of Mountain Dew bottle walls (two bottles) made everything look "more or less" normal. Two thin green plastic walls weren't enough. Four might be, IDK. I didn't feel like wasting an empty pop bottle on it, so I didn't cut one in half to try three layers. But four definitely helps!

It doesn't really help that they're sent from Asia. I have to pay a 25% import tax on anything being shipped from outside the EU. It's quite a price difference. Especially when you want to buy many lamps

I hear ya man. That's why we are trying to establish something in Europe. Hopefully in the near future. If any one from EU is looking to pick up multiple lights have them hit me up. I'm sure I can help offset that cost somewhat.

Thanks mate. That's cool of you :)

I hear ya man. That's why we are trying to establish something in Europe. Hopefully in the near future. If any one from EU is looking to pick up multiple lights have them hit me up. I'm sure I can help offset that cost somewhat.

Weekly Update - Sunday, October 1, 2017

It's been a week already, and boy, am I impressed. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_298617.JPG

A little cool. I turned off the fan. We'll see how it goes by the time I get everything taken care of.

IMG_300119.JPG

Wonderful growth in every chemovar. :slide: The girls are getting full-strength nutes, at the rate of 8 ml Parts A & B and 4 ml of Energy, plus 1 teaspoon of CaliMagic per gallon of water.

IMG_298717.JPG

Carnival 4.4 (Day 41 from cutting) Just two days ago I did the update for the perpetual and said there wasn't much to love with Carn 4.4. I can't say that any longer. I'm much encouraged by what I see here.

IMG_298919.JPG

IMG_299012.JPG

They look so feral when they've been taken during flowering. :laughtwo:

IMG_299117.JPG

Malawi 1.1 (Day 27 from cutting) This one really impressed me. She's growing rapidly.

IMG_299219.JPG

IMG_299318.JPG

IMG_299425.JPG

IMG_299518.JPG

Chem Dawg (Day 32 from cutting) She got topped yesterday. I'm going to force her into a structure I can work with. She didn't even blink when I snipped the tip off. Nothing slows this chemovar down. :laughtwo:

IMG_299615.JPG

IMG_299718.JPG

IMG_299824.JPG

I can't wait to post next week. By then I may need to be thinking about upcanning them. Lol!

IMG_299922.JPG

Much better. :green_heart:

IMG_302014.JPG

So far, so good. The light runs 20 hours a day, doesn't heat the tent, and runs nearly silent. Generating this active growth is what it's all about though.

Good development.

I must admit that I too have a fondness of the occasional re-vegg. They look so confused, like they're screaming "what am I?" It's quite unnatural, When the plant has reached that stage it's prepared to produce it's fruits and hopefully some seeds before it dies. So a re-vegg is a fascinating process. I sometimes call them franken-plants. I had nothing but good experience with re-veggs. They usually yield well and they do tend to get bushy. Perfect scrog candidates I guess. But I would perhaps be slightly sceptic to use a re-vegg for breeding - I mean - If a mutation were to happen, the re-vegg would be the most likely place as it's the most stressfull thing the plant can go through. Despite from popular belief, most mutations are not beneficial. Most likely it wouldn't be a problem though. It's basically a weed after all

Good development.

I must admit that I too have a fondness of the occasional re-vegg. They look so confused, like they're screaming "what am I?" It's quite unnatural, When the plant has reached that stage it's prepared to produce it's fruits and hopefully some seeds before it dies. So a re-vegg is a fascinating process. I sometimes call them franken-plants. I had nothing but good experience with re-veggs. They usually yield well and they do tend to get bushy. Perfect scrog candidates I guess. But I would perhaps be slightly sceptic to use a re-vegg for breeding - I mean - If a mutation were to happen, the re-vegg would be the most likely place as it's the most stressfull thing the plant can go through. Despite from popular belief, most mutations are not beneficial. Most likely it wouldn't be a problem though. It's basically a weed after all

:laughtwo: I think of them as "Franken-Plants too. Lol! So far every one I've done has been a great success. I'm getting ready to take one from the Jamaican, and I was considering the stress I put her through with all the trimming, and wondering if maybe I want to take that cutting earlier than day 15 of flower. Think I'll take it tomorrow. You convinced me the instinct was worth following.

Looking great Sue. Franken plants Lol. My luck with revegs has been horrible.
I wanted to let you know I have started my Grow journal as well.
Got just about everything ready. Laid out the details of everything just now. Please stop by when you get a chance
GROWant Journal: SIP's & Living Organic Soil (Sub Irrigated Planter)

I've added a new resident.

Welcome Strawberry Blue. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_318518.JPG

She just stuck her head out of the perlite this morning and I decided no time like the present to introduce her to her intended home. I'd wanted to have at least on plant grown from seed for this demonstration. This means eventually one of the other three will be moved to other quarters, and it'll likely be the Carnival or the Malawi. I'm thinking Malawi, but her open stature may be a better fit for a crowded tent, so maybe Carnival, as my initial impulse directed.

IMG_318827.JPG

She's safely sitting at just beyond 24". I learned the hard way the importance of getting the distance from the light correct. Let's avoid any repeats of that disaster. Lol!

IMG_318619.JPG

Everyone looks so happy in that pink landscape. :laughtwo: Has me wondering if plants find pink as soothing as humans. Not the light, just the color. The light is painful if you're in there too long without eye protection. That's not unique to this panel at all. It's recommended you protect your eyes with any powerful light. It's just we keep thinking we're invincible and get neglectful. Lol!

Those method 7 glasses are probably more or less same thing as my mars hydro led grow light glasses.

What would be cool - a lense filter you can put on your lenses just like any other filter. I see method seven had something like that but what a ridiculous design. Anyway. Guess i just have to fix the computer so i can use my professional photo gear. Can't stand mobile phone cameras

Hey Sweet Sue! Hope you don't mind if I tag along for the ride :)

What an unexpected pleasure Icemud. I was about to seek you out, because all this focus on lighting always brings you to mind. I've neglected you of late, with this manic need I have to keep starting new threads. :laughtwo:

Your presence is warmly welcomed. :hug: I'm excited about the possibilities of this panel. Small and mighty so far. Everyone's happy.

IMG_325913.JPG

IMG_326020.JPG

I'm so glad I decided to start a seed. :battingeyelashes: Two days in and she's ready to play. :slide:

IMG_326116.JPG

What an unexpected pleasure Icemud. I was about to seek you out, because all this focus on lighting always brings you to mind. I've neglected you of late, with this manic need I have to keep starting new threads. :laughtwo:

Your presence is warmly welcomed. :hug: I'm excited about the possibilities of this panel. Small and mighty so far. Everyone's happy.

I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see whats in store for the new ladies :) Thanks for the warm welcome :) Osram LED chips are great chips :)

Weekly Update - Sunday, October 8, 2017

IMG_353516.JPG

We've picked up a few more passengers :battingeyelashes:

IMG_353013.JPG

IMG_353314.JPG

The veg shelf was overcrowded with girls awaiting a harvest so they can get their chance under the big lights, so I moved the babies in here for the time. As the game of musical chairs ensues in my garden they'll be moved back under the quantum boards and we'll be down to three in here.

IMG_353216.JPG

Since they'll be here for the next week or so you might as well meet them.

Devil's Carnival 1.2 (Day 15, 3 days since upcanning) My third attempt at the chemovar created by Nis when he crossed two of my favorites, Dark Devil Auto and Carnival. No one was prepared for the wonder that came from the pairing. She's just getting 3/4- strength nutrients at the moment, increasing every two days.

IMG_350819.JPG

IMG_350914.JPG

Carnival 4.5 (Day 33, 7 days from upcanning) Taken at Day 16 of flower, she's still establishing her identity.

IMG_353714.JPG

IMG_353812.JPG

Very promising new growth. I'm hoping this light will help her move along more quickly.

IMG_353912.JPG

Strawberry Blue (Day 5) Looking a little peaked, if you ask me. Her stem is trying to wilt, but she has a strong tap root running, so I topped off her cup to help support her and get that sagging head up to the light. The jury's still out on her, but I have high hopes.

IMG_351012.JPG

IMG_351217.JPG

IMG_351417.JPG

IMG_351513.JPG

Carnival 4.4 (Day 50) Up to full nutes this week, 10 ml of Parts A & B with 4 ml of Energy and 2 teaspoons of CaliMagic per gallon of water, the same schedule used for Chem Dawg and Malawi 1.1.

Very encouraging growth. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_351617.JPG

IMG_351720.JPG

IMG_351910.JPG

IMG_352313.JPG

Chem Dawg (Day 39) Trying to go gangly on me. She's a vibrant one, isn't she? :battingeyelashes:

IMG_352414.JPG

IMG_352515.JPG

Some of the strongest branch attachments I've seen.

IMG_352613.JPG

I topped all the leaders back to a uniform height. I'll force her into something more compact.

IMG_352715.JPG

IMG_352813.JPG

Malawi 1.1 (Day 34) Elegance in action. What more can I say? :battingeyelashes:

IMG_346715.JPG

IMG_346821.JPG

IMG_346920.JPG

Training has begun. I'll do as much as I can with simple manipulation.
IMG_347016.JPG

And that's the nickle tour ladies and gentlemen. I can tell you I'm mighty pleased with how the light is performing. That's some hearty growth going on in here. If it keeps performing like this I can see this becoming a regular grow space, leaving me the additional flowering space of my bathroom that I created when I moved the COBs from this tent.

I'm a happy camper when my plants are happy. Today I'm very happy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

image19783.jpeg

It all looks promising Sue! The lady's look good!! My light Will probably be delivered wednesday or thursday. team growant .

Keep it going Sue you are doing Some fine work there!

It all looks promising Sue! The lady's look good!! My light Will probably be delivered wednesday or thursday. team growant .

Keep it going Sue you are doing Some fine work there!

Why thank you NaturalSpirit. :hug: Good work team on getting that light to you swiftly! :high-five: Makes me feel even better about being sponsored by them.

I'm smiling every time I look in this tent. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Elegant is totally the right word for that Malawi Sue. I'd love to grow one purely for her appearance. Hmm the effects may be too intense for me tho, so I've been thinking I'll try a Panama the next time I have$ to buy a seed. It looks beautiful when growing too, and has a more tempered effect than the Malawi by reports round here. I like how it's the case that o love the look of the sativas when they're my preferred toke as well. And this has been the case since way before I even knew the difference. I did grow up around older people growing in the 70s tho so I think there were more pure sativas around then. So that's the look I grew to associate with the nice weed .. My dream is to find a relatively short flowering sativa and grow it to its natural shape outdoors. Not sure if my new vege patch is high enough! Anyway, that'll be next summer. CBD critical cure is earmarked for that spot this coming season. Starting to get the soil together. Bit nerve wracking. I have a burly bloke to help me, but he tends to try to impose his notions about what I need to be doing so I really need to be clear about why I want what I want! And not walk away from it, or he'll get 'creative' and then I won't know what's in it!! Looking into getting a cement mixer so I can bucket the components in myself, and mix it myself that way. Soil is very labour intensive setting up eh!! I've always done it fine, this year is different. Those hempy pots look light! I'm considering that for my next indoor adventure. Outside it's got to be soil!! I'm waffling on here... don't mind me... waffling off now...

Back
Top Bottom