The scanner is working for now.

This should give members some idea of the cost to have samples run. This company is in about 6 states now. I have only been there once. I had there Express Test that they did not charge me for. They were very nice and gave me a nice brochure along with the price page. At the NM location everyone gets the 'Loyalty Program' pricing, at least for a while.

Best

Thanks for the share Canyon. I'm always curious about the costs of testing.

This isn't really affordable for the home garden cultivator growing their own meds, is it? There has to be a better way to make testing affordable to the masses.

Very decent THC values Canyon. Which strain was this?

I just came back from the dentist and funally after 6 weeks the worst surgeries are over so I can relax a bit more now. Which is nice! Tomorrow I will be back to work on the ambulance and sunday too so you guys will see me back on monday! Then maybe start with a little nice update or something like that

Well we had some nice heavy rain last night which makes horses a little frisky sometimes. Went to lope of my gelding in the left lead and the rodeo was on. Ended up going head over heals and landing on my back. No broken bones but my ribs are killing me hard on my breathing. Hope everyone has a better day than mine lol.

Thanks for the share Canyon. I'm always curious about the costs of testing.

This isn't really affordable for the home garden cultivator growing their own meds, is it? There has to be a better way to make testing affordable to the masses.

Very decent THC values Canyon. Which strain was this?

Well, if you only want to know what the THC and CBD percentages are, $40 will cover it with tax. OTOH a Standard Cannabinoids and a Standard Terpenes tests will be over $100. You are going to think about how bad you want that information before you drop off a bag of samples.

The strain is actually bag seed. I picked the seed up off of a coffee table at the son-in-law's home in Southern California about three years ago.I am probably on about generation 6 or 8 by now with it.It is a heavy producer too. [;>)

You never know
Best

They're the same thing keltic. :laughtwo: At the beginning of my post I link you to this thread. The testimonials are amazing. Talked me right into trying, and I've since worked the oil recipe to include a higher concentration of plant material. This oil with some of the recipes being worked on in Magnus's study hall on topicals will make a potent pain med.

:rofl::laughtwo::rofl: I see what you did now link in a link type of thing:grinjoint:

:surf:

Well we had some nice heavy rain last night which makes horses a little frisky sometimes. Went to lope of my gelding in the left lead and the rodeo was on. Ended up going head over heals and landing on my back. No broken bones but my ribs are killing me hard on my breathing. Hope everyone has a better day than mine lol.

If you have any access to comfrey root you can make a poultice that will knit any damage to those ribs almost overnight. 1/4 cup of comfrey root steeped in 2 cups of water for 20 minutes. . Store all together in a glass jar in the fridge. Dip a cloth in, squeeze most of the liquid out and heat for 30-45 seconds in a microwave. Lay it on the affected area for about 20 minutes. Repeat as desired.

The root matter can be steeped in another two cups of water before switching to a new batch. Holistically, comfrey is called "Knitbone" for this very reason. Bruised leaves applied to the affected area will do the same thing.

Works like magic. Feel better. :hug::hug::hug: (gentle hugs :battingeyelashes: )

I've been thinking a lot about suppositories lately and this morning I stumbled onto an interesting article from last year at Cannabis Culture on Bozidar Radisic, a Slovenian cannabis warrior championing the use of suppositories. Not sure if I can link the article but I did link his PDF on his experience with patients over the years.

Božidar Radišič presentation – Cannabis In Medicine: Practice & Experience (PDF)

The article can be found here.

I was particularly fond of his breakdown of administration techniques he's found to be effective and his survey of 150 patients.

Enjoy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Based on his extensive experience with suppositories, these are Božidar's recommendation for suppository administration.

RECTAL:

ALL CANCERS
COLON CANCER
PROSTATE CANCER
BRAIN CANCER
LUNG CANCER
KIDNEY CANCER
HIV / AIDS

VAGINAL:

ALL CANCERS
BREAST CANCER
OVARY CANCER
UTERUS CANCER
BLADDER CANCER
KIDNEY CANCER
COLON CANCER
BRAIN CANCER
LUNG CANCER

The input is appreciated Danolo. This is a work in progress by the community. I opened the door to the curious, and you all came pouring in. What we were hoping for with the rework was a way to more precisely control the cannabinoid load. At the 20:1 mix you're getting just under 50 cannabinoids per capsule (very rough guess) and if your THC is running about 15% that means you're getting something close to between 5-10 mg of THC, if my math is correct, and I'm not an accountant for a reason. :laughtwo:

I think that's a fair starting point for a capsule. From this point it's a matter of adjusting your numbers to reflect the strain or oil choices you went with.

Sue, I'm not sure about your math there..."5-10 mg of THC" seems like a pretty low dose.

Sue, as you may recall, I have to buy my CCO from a dispensary. Here's what I buy:

XXXX 7:27 OIL (7% THC / 27% CBD)
XXXX Rick Simpson Oil (37% THC / 24% CBD)

The fake RSO is showing pretty low numbers. compared to what Rick Simpson was able to produce.

So, check my math and logic, oK?

1 gm of the "RSO" is 37%THC and 24% CBD..
I think that means 37 + 24 = 61% cannabinoids.

If I mix that with 5 grams of olive oil and 1 gram of lecithin that will give me a total of 7 grams, which, when divided into 1 cc capsules will give me 7 caps and each cap will have 1000 mg X 61% = 610 mg of cannabinoids / 7 caps = 87 mg of cannabinoids per cap.

Is that right???????

In any event, as soon as I can produce my own CCO, I'll feel much better about quality control and actual cannabinoid levels.

Math is correct .

Thank you. Math is not my game and there hasn't been a time yet that I don't get myself all worked round figuring it all out. :straightface: My patient and myself don't need close dose control. I think a good cheat sheet that I keep close by might work. Or hand it over to someone else. :laughtwo: Someone who doesn't allow themselves to get intimidated by it. I recall Cajun explaining it to us once and then saying his head hurt when he was done. :laughtwo: Now I don't feel so bad.

Thank you mon ami, wherever you are. :kisstwo:

I grow, I produce, I keep the utilities on and food in the house. My checkbook is having a revolt and this dose math gets me every time.

Let me see what I can do about that.

Sue, I'm not sure about your math there..."5-10 mg of THC" seems like a pretty low dose.

Sue, as you may recall, I have to buy my CCO from a dispensary. Here's what I buy:

XXXX 7:27 OIL (7% THC / 27% CBD)
XXXX Rick Simpson Oil (37% THC / 24% CBD)

The fake RSO is showing pretty low numbers. compared to what Rick Simpson was able to produce.

So, check my math and logic, oK?

1 gm of the "RSO" is 37%THC and 24% CBD..
I think that means 37 + 24 = 61% cannabinoids.

If I mix that with 5 grams of olive oil and 1 gram of lecithin that will give me a total of 7 grams, which, when divided into 1 cc capsules will give me 7 caps and each cap will have 1000 mg X 61% = 610 mg of cannabinoids / 7 caps = 87 mg of cannabinoids per cap.

Is that right???????

In any event, as soon as I can produce my own CCO, I'll feel much better about quality control and actual cannabinoid levels.

In the 1000 mg of available CCO in each gram of the 37:24 RSO you'll have 370 mg of THC and 240 mg of CBD. There are more cannabinoids in there, the labs just don't want to have to track them yet. Money gets in the way.

This means you'll have a combined total of 610 mg of THC and CBD, that when broken up into 7 capsules will give you an estimated dose of just under 53 mg of THC and just over 34 mg of CBD per capsule.

It's a little maddening not knowing what else is in there that's playing a significant role. I dream of a day when lab testing is inexpensive, accessible, and in-depth. In truth we're all making best guesses, aren't we?

Calculating the dose

I've been wandering around, digesting dosing calculations. Came across this one as an example of calculating the dose of an infused oil. Infused oils are what I most often play with, so of course this caught my eye.

Each 00 capsule holds 1 ml of oil

Assume:
1. You started with decarboxilated cannabis with a ratio 1:1 of CBD:THC, 10% each.

2. You had 400 grams of dried plant material.

3. Infused oils have an 85% extraction efficiency.

4. You used 30 ml of oil for each gram of plant material. (30x400) = 12,000 ml = 12 liters = 12.7 quarts of oil

5. Oil specific gravity = 0.90 g/cc

The Math

10% x 0.85 = 8.5% = 0.085

0.085 x 400 gr = 34 gr

34 gr x 1000 = 34,000 mg

34,000 mg / 12,000 ml = 2.8 mg of either CBD or THC in each capsule.

My calculations

I work with fresh harvest. I assume 75% water weight, so when I calculate my 400 grams of wet plant material I use 100 grams instead of 400.

CBD Critical Cure is projected to come in at 8% CBD and 5% THC

Working from step 5 above

CBD

8% x 0.85 = .068

.068 x 100 gr = 6.8 gr

6.8 gr x 1000 = 6800 mg

6800 mg / 500 ml = 13.6 mg/ml

THC

5% x 0.85 = .0425

.0425 x 100 gr = 4.25 gr

4.25 gr x 1000 = 4250 mg

4250 mg / 500 ml = 8.5 mg/ml

My CBD Critical Cure capsules are offering 13.6 mg of CBD and 8.5 mg of THC each. The daughter takes four a day, so her estimated daily dose is 54.4 mg of CBD and 34 mg of THC.

I'm good with that. :cheesygrinsmiley: I can breathe easier knowing I can work this out. :laughtwo: Maybe I can finish this joint now and go to bed.

Back
Top Bottom