Hi folks,

How is everyone. I've finished my test on coconut oil and it didn't go well. I think we can move on to another delivery system. I read the post from yesterday on Dave Groomer's cream and was encouraged that I could in fact use a cream for a delivery system. Also, I am taking the rosin every night. I'm up to 2 pieces per night.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Kelly

Hi folks,

How is everyone. I've finished my test on coconut oil and it didn't go well. I think we can move on to another delivery system. I read the post from yesterday on Dave Groomer's cream and was encouraged that I could in fact use a cream for a delivery system. Also, I am taking the rosin every night. I'm up to 2 pieces per night.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Kelly

I am hoping to get some help going forward. I’m wondering if SweetSue, OldBear have ideas for me on next step based on our past exchanges? Thanks in advance, Kelly

I am hoping to get some help going forward. I’m wondering if SweetSue, OldBear have ideas for me on next step based on our past exchanges? Thanks in advance, Kelly

You've eliminated olive and coconut oils, but you still have grape seed, correct? My suggestion would be to test the grape seed oil while you continue with the rosin doses. We're trying to find a carrier oil that'll work for you to increase bioavailability, Kelly. You're tolerating the rosin on its own, which is a good thing, because you're getting cannabinoids in. The key for you may be to stick with micro dosing. It's still curious that you tolerated the first batch so well.

If grape seed oil doesn't work it may be time to add in more dosing times for very small doses and see if your system would tolerate that.

Have we discussed the possibility of consuming acid cannabinoids as a part of your regimen? I'm thinking juicing, which would require fresh material. Leaves will work, and sometimes you'll get lucky and have a grower who shares trim. I've started using dried trim sprinkled on my food. The cumulative effects some others have reported are encouraging.

Kelly, I can't recall asking the cannabinoid profile of the rosin you're using. Do you know what the cannabinoid content of the product is?

You've eliminated olive and coconut oils, but you still have grape seed, correct? My suggestion would be to test the grape seed oil while you continue with the rosin doses. We're trying to find a carrier oil that'll work for you to increase bioavailability, Kelly. You're tolerating the rosin on its own, which is a good thing, because you're getting cannabinoids in. The key for you may be to stick with micro dosing. It's still curious that you tolerated the first batch so well.

If grape seed oil doesn't work it may be time to add in more dosing times for very small doses and see if your system would tolerate that.

Have we discussed the possibility of consuming acid cannabinoids as a part of your regimen? I'm thinking juicing, which would require fresh material. Leaves will work, and sometimes you'll get lucky and have a grower who shares trim. I've started using dried trim sprinkled on my food. The cumulative effects some others have reported are encouraging.

Kelly, I can't recall asking the cannabinoid profile of the rosin you're using. Do you know what the cannabinoid content of the product is?

Hi Sue,

Thanks for writing back. Yes, it is curious that I did fine with the first batch of CCO, increasing my dose slowly to 8 rice sized pieces per night scraped onto a prune or dried apricot. Once I found rosin, I worked my way up to 3 rice sized pieces per night.

When I finished the first batch of rosin (2g), I stopped dosing completely. I had lost so much product when I decarb'd the first batch. I was looking for a way to convert the rosin into a form that I could accurately dose without losing it like I had the first time. This was before I heard about your biobombs and micro dosing. I even thought I might start ingesting the rosin without decarbing it. So, In short, that is when I joined the forums looking for more ideas.I joined 1/1/18 and

I dosed up that first supply of 2g of CCO in about 6 weeks. I got off of blood pressure medication and my mood and energy were transformed. I also lost 15 pounds because my chocolate addiction just went away. When I stopped the chocolate craving returned and had probably been off all cannabis for more than a month.

The rosin I have now is Kushberry (2g). Of course you lose a little when you decarb. There isn't a variety available. Usually there is only one indica strain of rosin for sale. The variety of flower is much greater. Right now I'm at the two pieces and will probably be at that amount for a few more days before I try to go up to 3.

Oldbear or InTheShed mentioned juicing but we were not sure about my digestive system and what was causing the upset. Originally I was directed to solvents and then chlorophyll as the culprit. Now, thanks to OB we know it is probably just oil that caused it. I don't know if I can juice. I am a diabetic. I only eat berries in small quantities. I don't drink juice by the glass or eat lots of fruit. Would I be able to juice? Let me know what you think is possible.

I don't know a grower. I get my product at dispensaries. They sell flower. It's $325 per oz. There's a big variety of strains for sale amongst the numerous places around me. I looked on all the dispensary sites and none offer trim.

I will try the grapeseed oil in a couple of days when my system returns to normal. In the meantime, I hope to hear back from you with a reply to my questions and comments above. Thanks for all your help. Kelly

Hi Sue,

Thanks for writing back. Yes, it is curious that I did fine with the first batch of CCO, increasing my dose slowly to 8 rice sized pieces per night scraped onto a prune or dried apricot. Once I found rosin, I worked my way up to 3 rice sized pieces per night.

When I finished the first batch of rosin (2g), I stopped dosing completely. I had lost so much product when I decarb'd the first batch. I was looking for a way to convert the rosin into a form that I could accurately dose without losing it like I had the first time. This was before I heard about your biobombs and micro dosing. I even thought I might start ingesting the rosin without decarbing it. So, In short, that is when I joined the forums looking for more ideas.I joined 1/1/18 and

I dosed up that first supply of 2g of CCO in about 6 weeks. I got off of blood pressure medication and my mood and energy were transformed. I also lost 15 pounds because my chocolate addiction just went away. When I stopped the chocolate craving returned and had probably been off all cannabis for more than a month.

The rosin I have now is Kushberry (2g). Of course you lose a little when you decarb. There isn't a variety available. Usually there is only one indica strain of rosin for sale. The variety of flower is much greater. Right now I'm at the two pieces and will probably be at that amount for a few more days before I try to go up to 3.

Oldbear or InTheShed mentioned juicing but we were not sure about my digestive system and what was causing the upset. Originally I was directed to solvents and then chlorophyll as the culprit. Now, thanks to OB we know it is probably just oil that caused it. I don't know if I can juice. I am a diabetic. I only eat berries in small quantities. I don't drink juice by the glass or eat lots of fruit. Would I be able to juice? Let me know what you think is possible.

I don't know a grower. I get my product at dispensaries. They sell flower. It's $325 per oz. There's a big variety of strains for sale amongst the numerous places around me. I looked on all the dispensary sites and none offer trim.

I will try the grapeseed oil in a couple of days when my system returns to normal. In the meantime, I hope to hear back from you with a reply to my questions and comments above. Thanks for all your help. Kelly

Just a thought:

Why does juicing have to be with oils and fruit? V8 is a tomato-based veggie juice, and tomato helps to mask the taste of cannabis. You could try juicing the veggies you can tolerate with dried and powdered cannabis (trim, leaves and or buds, whatever you have handy) and not decarbed with heat. You can even just add it to V8 juice and keep it simple.

Over time, cannabis cures, which is a slow form of decarb, and you keep more of the THCAs, CBDA;s, and other healthy cannabinoids.

Hi Sue,

Hi keshazel.

I don't know if you have a medical prescription for purchasing marijuana or not but I do know that broken Coast cannabis in Ladysmith British Columbia carries what they call Indica tips or sativa tips. Just trim with a different name. Broken Coast is a small batch high end grower, just purchased by Aphria this week. They are also my registered L.P.. Great products.....prices ...well better than $300 +/ oz.
1808bd1ba1370c03b2abfdc12e3ada30.jpg

Yeah.....they call $325 an oz affordable meds. :straightface: This is why we encourage members to grow their own. The prices will only go up.

AKgramma already jumped in with my thoughts Kelly. I wasn't thinking a sweet and fruity juicing. I recommend V-8. We have numerous testimonies to its effectiveness in masking the cannabis flavors that many find a little difficult to drink. The steady supply of acid cannabinoids along with micro dosing and a topical application may be your solution.

As soon as you hit 50 posts and can send and recieve private messages I'll be sending you a message. I have some ideas on getting you, if not juicing, at least sprinkling dried cannabis onto your food and mixing powder into your drinks.

Have you considered adding hemp seeds into your diet? They're a super food, rich in the amino acids your body is craving for health and wholeness. You can find them unhulled and raw, and excellent dietary source. Acacia powder is another you might want to research. Used daily for three months minimum it can do tremendous things for the health of the gut. Your physical concerns suggest your gut could use the helping hand.

Cavallero, I have a medical card. But I am in Massachusetts. I was not aware I could get product from anywhere except the MA dispensaries. Thanks in advance for your reply. Kelly

Yeah.....they call $325 an oz affordable meds. :straightface: This is why we encourage members to grow their own. The prices will only go up.

AKgramma already jumped in with my thoughts Kelly. I wasn't thinking a sweet and fruity juicing. I recommend V-8. We have numerous testimonies to its effectiveness in masking the cannabis flavors that many find a little difficult to drink. The steady supply of acid cannabinoids along with micro dosing and a topical application may be your solution.

As soon as you hit 50 posts and can send and recieve private messages I'll be sending you a message. I have some ideas on getting you, if not juicing, at least sprinkling dried cannabis onto your food and mixing powder into your drinks.

Have you considered adding hemp seeds into your diet? They're a super food, rich in the amino acids your body is craving for health and wholeness. You can find them unhulled and raw, and excellent dietary source. Acacia powder is another you might want to research. Used daily for three months minimum it can do tremendous things for the health of the gut. Your physical concerns suggest your gut could use the helping hand.

Hi everyone. I appreciate all the support and suggestions. I'm afraid I'll be paying for someone else's product. I have a tiny apartment in public housing and no intention of growing my own at the moment.

You're right Sue, my gut needs a lot of help. My mom prescribed antibiotics for acne when I was a kid and I have had a terrible sugar addiction for my whole life. I have been on proton inhibitors for over 20 years for acid reflux. It's going to be a process. I look forward to hearing about juicing, sprinkling and mixing.

How do you incorporate hemp seeds into your diet? I imagine they are quite crunchy :)

I have a small grinder (like a mini cuisinart) that I use for flax seeds every morning in my cereal. You could try that. Also, have you tried acidophilus cultures for your gut health? I get the liquid from the refrigerated section of the health food store to give to my kids to counteract the doxy they're on for their acne.

Cavallero, I have a medical card. But I am in Massachusetts. I was not aware I could get product from anywhere except the MA dispensaries. Thanks in advance for your reply. Kelly
Of course, and Interesting question.....why couldnt you shop in Canada with your card, or is it illegal somehow to cross state lines? If you can, I can vouch for their products. Unlike some of the larger grow operations, BC maybe offers 5-6 strains. Never used the tips before, but for oils, the price seems decent.....especially on sale.

I have a small grinder (like a mini cuisinart) that I use for flax seeds every morning in my cereal. You could try that. Also, have you tried acidophilus cultures for your gut health? I get the liquid from the refrigerated section of the health food store to give to my kids to counteract the doxy they're on for their acne.

I've tried acidopilus, probiotics, prebiotics. Nothing ever broke me of my need for the antacid. Back to the drawing board. Off to the market.

Of course, and Interesting question.....why couldnt you shop in Canada with your card, or is it illegal somehow to cross state lines? If you can, I can vouch for their products. Unlike some of the larger grow operations, BC maybe offers 5-6 strains. Never used the tips before, but for oils, the price seems decent.....especially on sale.

Shop in Canada? I'm in Boston. Anyway I think it wouldn't make it through the border.

Hi everyone. I appreciate all the support and suggestions. I'm afraid I'll be paying for someone else's product. I have a tiny apartment in public housing and no intention of growing my own at the moment.

You're right Sue, my gut needs a lot of help. My mom prescribed antibiotics for acne when I was a kid and I have had a terrible sugar addiction for my whole life. I have been on proton inhibitors for over 20 years for acid reflux. It's going to be a process. I look forward to hearing about juicing, sprinkling and mixing.

How do you incorporate hemp seeds into your diet? I imagine they are quite crunchy :)

Love hemp seeds! I toss them into my smoothie, on my salad, in my salad dressing, swirled in hummus, or throw them into granola and yogurt... Throw a little cannabis oil in your hummus and it's a great high protein snack. Damn this Mango Haze is making me hungry! lol

The hulled ones are easier to eat, nice and soft. :cheesygrinsmiley: Very delicious too, with a nutty taste. I add mine to oatmeal, and sprinkle them on just about anything.

I can appreciate your reluctance to grow, but let me encourage you to keep an open mind. My first grow was in a tiny closet with autos and CFLs, and I pulled 4.5 ounces first time out of the gate. My results aren't typical, but they were possible because I was driven to grow something decent before my beloved finally died. I wanted him to go out in style, and he lived long enough to enjoy that initial harvest.

I'm 64, supported by Social Security and living in Section 8 housing.

Anything is possible Kelly. Try not to close any doors in your search. You don't have to go through them yet, but keep options open. Youre going to challenge us to think way outside the box. We do our best work under these conditions, so stick with us. Together we can find the sweet solution you seek. You wouldn't be here if we didn't have the answers. Sometimes we just have to wait patiently for the right one to present itself.

I have a thread on supporting the ECS without cannabis that may be helpful to you, if you haven't stumbled upon it already. Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

Half an hour ago I was headed to bed, and picked the book up on my way by.

IMG_80859.JPG

Cracked it open, read the intro and glanced at the chapter titles, flipped through the pages to get a feel for what she was offering. I intend to read it cover to cover, so this was just a taste.

Then it hit me. Nowhere in this book, published by a cancer researcher and published in 2014, will I find any mention of the ECS and its role in spontaneous healing. Years in oncology, living in a state - California no less - that was legal for cannabis, and no mention of the Endocannabinoid System. I'd almost bet my life this turns out to be true.

How is it possible that we understand this fundemental system better than most of our trained and licensed doctors? This is unacceptable.

Deep breath Susan.......... Almost lost it there guys. :laughtwo: OK...... It's not like this is breaking news.......

This book highlights the brutal truth that radical remission has been kept silent, and for that reason alone it's worth the time to read this book and share it with someone who will share it, and on and on.

But it also shines an unflattering light on the truth that the ECS is being ignored by too many oncologists, not to mention doctors in every other field. This situation will begin to change rapidly. The silence about radical remission..... It leaves a bad aftertaste.

Kelly, thank you for reminding me about it. It kinda validates my message. I'm trying not to be concerned about the fact that leaving the ECS out of the equation limits everyone's ability to fully understand the dynamics of homeostasis, which is essentially what rapid remission is.

Half an hour ago I was headed to bed, and picked the book up on my way by.

IMG_80859.JPG

Cracked it open, read the intro and glanced at the chapter titles, flipped through the pages to get a feel for what she was offering. I intend to read it cover to cover, so this was just a taste.

Then it hit me. Nowhere in this book, published by a cancer researcher and published in 2014, will I find any mention of the ECS and its role in spontaneous healing. Years in oncology, living in a state - California no less - that was legal for cannabis, and no mention of the Endocannabinoid System. I'd almost bet my life this turns out to be true.

How is it possible that we understand this fundemental system better than most of our trained and licensed doctors? This is unacceptable.

Deep breath Susan.......... Almost lost it there guys. :laughtwo: OK...... It's not like this is breaking news.......

This book highlights the brutal truth that radical remission has been kept silent, and for that reason alone it's worth the time to read this book and share it with someone who will share it, and on and on.

But it also shines an unflattering light on the truth that the ECS is being ignored by too many oncologists, not to mention doctors in every other field. This situation will begin to change rapidly. The silence about radical remission..... It leaves a bad aftertaste.
I think I walked in just in time! Sounds like an interesting little book...

But about you mentioning that trained doctors know waaaayy too little about the ECS and cannabis helping it has to do with what they're trained for! It takes 8 to 10 years to become a doctor. And well, doctors are smart! But they never learned about Cannabis... Atleast the doctors I talked to with the ambulance never did. Maybe now they do.

A little fun fact though, I wad talking about making RSO right? And that it's good stuff! Well, RSO is basically just cannabis oil thinned with olive oil, now that oil is for sale on a lot of different sites here in the Netherlands. Now that same oil without it being thinned out by olive oil is just pure Cannabis extract and here we call that "Cannabis paste" And that was also for sale in a lot of headshops and even seedshops. They had little syringes thingies filled with that thick oil and it costs like 200 euro's for 20ml of 20% Pure CBD extract?

Now why am I mentioning this? Well that thick, unthinned oil "Cannabis paste" is made illegal for shops to sell because the government says it's too medical to be sold in shops like that. So now that oil is only available at the doctor, yeah that doctor that isn't trained in CBD oil or other cannabis extract YET. Or at the pharmacy. Or just make it yourself. Now if that doesn't piss us off already then this will: We have good healthcare, good health insurance right? Yeaaah, that thick cannabis paste is labeled as a "Alternative medicine" which means that it's not covered by insurance unless the doctor tells it that it is the best medicine to use. And why do they do that you might ask? Good question! Well they do that so it becomes pretty rare to buy, and it works too good and it's too easy to make and too cheap for something that works that good, so at the doctor or pharmacy, that same 20ml 20% Pure CBD extract will cost you 800 euros and it won't be covered by insurance because it's not a first choice medicine by doctors...

SO YEAH! I'm pretty pissed! So I'm a soldier, soon to be a law enforcer so what is the thing that I should do... Hmmm. *Takes a sip of coffee* AH YEAH I GOT IT! Make that cannabis paste myself. I have nice old cured buds from the Auto Industrial plant CBD and some Durban Poison buds to pump up the THC level a little, grinded them and now I have 18 grams of nice cannabis to make some nice thick oil. Because they did not make it illegal to produce it yourself . SO TODAY IS THE DAY THAT I WILL BE MAKING RSO but then not thinned out by olive oil, I searched everything up that I needed to know, everything that I need is ready so... Let's make a difference!

My dear Sue and any and all who may be able to help. I have been making my own oil for some time; following shadowing along. I have a someone close to me who has chomes disease. They are in a medical legal state but work in a field that regularly does random drug screening. From what I've read CBD is the way to go for relief of their suffering but they are extremely worried about the possibility of another test as they have been tested already on the random. My thought/question is CBD clean on a drug screen and what would be the best method/ strain to being looking at? Thank you, I wish I knew more.

My dear Sue and any and all who may be able to help. I have been making my own oil for some time; following shadowing along. I have a someone close to me who has chomes disease. They are in a medical legal state but work in a field that regularly does random drug screening. From what I’ve read CBD is the way to go for relief of their suffering but they are extremely worried about the possibility of another test as they have been tested already on the random. My thought/question is CBD clean on a drug screen and what would be the best method/ strain to being looking at? Thank you, I wish I knew more.

What they're looking for in the screenings is a metabolite of THC. I've heard of no testing being done for CBD. The fear of THC is that you'll be compromised mentally and a danger to the workplace, so they need to test to protect everyone. :laughtwo: Yeah.....pretty foolish. Someone's - a lot of someone's are making big bucks.

The problem with anything you could grow is it'll have some THC in it. Pure CBD oil won't. Canyon lives in New Mexico, and he was trying out a product called "Terp Sugar," a crystalline isolate of CBD with terpenes added in to mimic specific chemovars. If that's an option this is the product I'd be looking for, or something similar.

Back
Top Bottom