WAMS, I can relate to your post, esp. that " been able to manage it using pain killers and mind control". I live in severe pain and have done the managing approach for years. It's exhausting.

Started cannabis last March, at times when I use cannabis oil in tincture my pain will increase a bit. I have read this happens to others also. To me it feels like the cannabis is waking the nerves that carry pain signals, maybe the body is trying to acknowledge injury. I take a few minutes to "lean into the pain". After a short time, pain has lessened. I remember reading about others with a similar increase of pain from cannabis. They needed to change to strain, % of THC to CBD, way of using cannabis. For me, the weather increases pain. Stress makes pain worse and feeling more pain increases stress; a tough cycle to break. We are all complicated and so is cannabis. I do take notes so see patterns that I might miss when in pain. I reflect that my body has many years of pain and meds, it may take time to get better.

While reading your post, WAMS, I was reminded of something I read some years ago. Because of the immediate and violent inflammation response that you got from the capsules, you just might have an allergy to certain "foods", or pesticides, or the carrier used in the capsule. Some growers are still using harmful pesticides and fungicides on their fruits, vegetables, and cannabis. These cause the same kind of inflammation/pain that comes on suddenly after ingestion or skin contact.

I am more aware of food allergies, being a senior citizen. Over the years the body cannot tolerate refined sugar, pesticides on produce, nuts, alcohol, eggs, etc. It might be worth getting the allergy test from an allergist. Obviously nothing else is working for you.

This sounds like a simple solution, but, barring the allergy test, you can go on a 12 hour fast, then add foodstuffs one at a time, till you get a reaction. If you DO have a reaction either immediately, or within a couple hours, then you can better identify what you cannot tolerate.

Getting back to cannabis: you need to acquire the herb that has not been treated with toxic chemicals. It's one of the reasons most of us grow our own, so we can control what goes into the soil and on the leaves as the plants mature. I'm talking going completely organic. The closer to the natural product you can get, the healthier you will be.[/QUOTE

I did have an allergy test many years ago 20+ I recall. That only show one allergen and that was found in shower gel and body lotions. On That basis, since it's been 20+ I will request another and take it from there. I have today thought about growing my plants for purposes of cbd, it's finding them here in the UK.

Thanks for your reply AKgrammar!

Great news post, Shed!

In a somewhat related breakthrough, here's a photo of me using cannabis oil aboard Air Force One. Okay, not the current one. I was at Museum of Flight as chaperone on my daughter's school field trip. Further proof that you can use suppositories just about anywhere. :)
20180118_125317.jpg

Great news post, Shed!

In a somewhat related breakthrough, here's a photo of me using cannabis oil aboard Air Force One. Okay, not the current one. I was at Museum of Flight as chaperone on my daughter's school field trip. Further proof that you can use suppositories just about anywhere. :)
20180118_125317.jpg
I gotta spot for that suppository where it is well needed! I was thinking about sending him a case of Preparation-H for the holidays...Sorry... The mere mention just sends me off on a tangent. Don't get me started...I'm on steroids and need an outlet!

KR, points! :laughtwo:

The creators of "The Sacred Plant" documentary just released it for viewing, and I got a notice in my email, so I thought I'd go and take a look. I've seen the series before, but it's been a while, and there was some interesting ideas presented, so why not have another go?

I didn't make it past the intro. Great documentary, but it begins with some major fear-mongering. Not a big fan of scaring people into taking better care of themselves. *sigh* I'll give it another go in a bit.

I'm also reading "Radical Remission", and had to pause after the first chapter. Wonderful information on the importance of taking a closer and more thoughtful look at your diet and how it nourishes the cellular community, heavily laced with the sense that our standard food choices are killing us. As someone who understands that it's what you believe that determines your cellular vibration, this idea doesn't work for me the way it used to. What I eat can only hurt me if I believe it will, poisons excepted. Lol! A healthy and balanced ECS is much more powerful than is easy to explain.

This applies to me and only me. My recommendation to a patient will always be "look to your diet first."

Radical remission is proof that you're made to heal. Your belief enhances that healing ability. Joy pulls you over the top. See why I stay so joyful? Lol! Honestly, it's because it feels so good. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm so thankful we found cannabis, the perfect health food IMO. I'm also thankful to be surrounded by all these delightfully curious minds. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

It's been an emotional day. :laughtwo: Everytime I turned around something else produced tears of joy. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. :laughtwo: Alright, back to my evening. :battingeyelashes:

Great news post, Shed!

OMG, that is so cool! Now we know why they have plastic on those seats!

20180118_125317.jpg

While reading your post, WAMS, I was reminded of something I read some years ago. Because of the immediate and violent inflammation response that you got from the capsules, you just might have an allergy to certain "foods", or pesticides, or the carrier used in the capsule. Some growers are still using harmful pesticides and fungicides on their fruits, vegetables, and cannabis. These cause the same kind of inflammation/pain that comes on suddenly after ingestion or skin contact.

I am more aware of food allergies, being a senior citizen. Over the years the body cannot tolerate refined sugar, pesticides on produce, nuts, alcohol, eggs, etc. It might be worth getting the allergy test from an allergist. Obviously nothing else is working for you.

This sounds like a simple solution, but, barring the allergy test, you can go on a 12 hour fast, then add foodstuffs one at a time, till you get a reaction. If you DO have a reaction either immediately, or within a couple hours, then you can better identify what you cannot tolerate.

Getting back to cannabis: you need to acquire the herb that has not been treated with toxic chemicals. It's one of the reasons most of us grow our own, so we can control what goes into the soil and on the leaves as the plants mature. I'm talking going completely organic. The closer to the natural product you can get, the healthier you will be.[/QUOTE

I did have an allergy test many years ago 20+ I recall. That only show one allergen and that was found in shower gel and body lotions. On That basis, since it's been 20+ I will request another and take it from there. I have today thought about growing my plants for purposes of cbd, it's finding them here in the UK.

Thanks for your reply AKgrammar!
Hi WAMS, I have some auto cbd seeds I would be happy to share with you. I'm in the UK too.
PM me if you are interested ...

Great news post, Shed!

20180118_125317.jpg
Love it KR. That's definitely sticking it UP to the man ...

Goodmorning everyone! So! I made the Cannabis oil last week, very first run I did so it was a lot of fun and I am proud of what I have created! I waited a few days to make sure that the taste is right and all alcohol is gone. Now the taste is so damn nstural and the smell is amazing! I used pretty old buds but that is some quality oil... As you can see it's not a whole lot of oil but this is just to try out some stuff. Now I just need to test it! The CBD lies around 13% in this oil and the THC at 6% or higher because I mixed Durban Poison buds together with Industrial Plant CBD!
77ca837e6257811f985522075d93f6c6.jpg

Quick question. I start a new semester today and classroom is upstairs in a building under construction. One exit is blocked leaving one exit where one must walk down a long hallway to reach stairs. I always plan for 2 quick ways out of a building. Teachers must train for active shooters, etc. (Throw books at the shooter, is advice given.) I don't do well in confined environments. Any ideas if CBD or THC might help. I'm thinking CBD to stay mentally sharp. Plan to bring a valium in my pocket in case. Ideas? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom