I was off reading an extensive article in the physiology of Joy ..... let me link that here so I don't lose it. Wonderful article that completely missed the presence of the ECS. Isn't that amazing? All these humans walking around not even aware that they have an ECS? It shouldn't surprise me. I wasn't aware of it really until I met Cajun and he infected me with this passion. :laughtwo:

The Physiology of Joy

It was interesting to read this with the ECS in mind.

But..... I was reading, and you know how the mind slips away and wanders down streams? Suddenly, like a bolt of lightening, it hit me that when I entered menopause and lost my libido for twelve years of madness it was that my ECS had gone haywire.

The answers were there the entire time, hidden from sight by the prohibitionary policy of our government that managed to keep an entire generation from a clear understanding of how their bodies worked. We searched in vain for 12 years for what we had, in much too limited quantity to do any good - I know that now - but I fought against the very medicine we both needed. I was our own worst enemy.

Where's that happy thought right now?

Give me a minute.........

I apologize. It's hard losing him to the ravages of diabetes, to find out it was so unnecessary. It seems every time I turn around there's some other hell he endured that a liberal access to cannabis would have eliminated.

It's hard to live with. Even knowing how futile it is to continue to carry it around, I slip and become a woman in pain every now and then.

In the end it just make me more of a warrior.

The man never said a disparaging word to me. Not one. We're talking about me. :laughtwo:

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the testimony of unconditional love. :battingeyelashes: :love:

On that much calmer note, I'll go to bed. See you in the morning. :hug: :love:

I see you flittering around here Birdie. :love: :hug::hug: :love:

TennesseeTim said:
He has shown me that vaping or taking a few hits off a pipe increases his oxygen blood level.

Tim, I lifted this out of a post you left at the Alzheimer's thread. It jumped off the page for me. Can you please elaborate on this? Just exactly how did he demonstrate the increase in blood oxygen levels in connection with his smoking a joint?

A bit of whimsy for the room: :laughtwo:

Right before Dale went into hospice for his passing they went through the trouble to haul him up those 40 steps so he could be home for a couple days. I had freshly harvested Dark Devil Auto at the time. :yahoo: We knew he was dying. It was just a matter of time. As it was, I had to call them within 48 hours to come and pick him up, but we had so much fun with that DDA in that 48 hours. Lol!

He wanted to smoke joints. I rolled so many it was rediculous! We went through most of what I had on hand in those two days. :cheesygrinsmiley: He was on oxygen at the time. Hahaha! Some of you know where this is going. :rofl:

We kept forgetting to take the oxygen tube out of his nose before I handed him the next joint.

"Oh Shit! We did it again!" Hahaha! OMG! :rofl: :rofl:

I don't advocate anyone try to duplicate that level of excitement. Don't try this at home. :rofl:

I saw this somewhere, no idea who wrote or the exact wording. Just wanted to share.

99% of the things I worried about did not happen.
99% of the things I am worried about will not happen.
I should worry about that.

:hmmmm: While it is perhaps difficult at times, to see the reason some information is not appropriate over this site , I have made foolish blunders! I am thankful for the moderators watching over us! In my late night ,often pretty stoned condition (not to mention just being old and stupid!) I have gone too far with information! This from an admitted paranoid! Anyway my thanks to Rob and his team for censoring any foolish blurb!:goodjob: Someone needs to watch out for us old fools and the young ones too! Not everything is safe and legal anywhere and at least , tens of millions of us live in very repressive states or nations, where almost everything is illegal! We can get too comfortable talking to people we consider friends to realize others who hate and/or fear us may be reading as well!:rollit:
I'm not certain about the clear answer to any of these questions Oldbear. You'd be wise to take them to a mod. I like to ask them before I share a link in particular. It's mostly about protecting the security of the members, so I try to be extra cautious and ask if I'm not sure. When you get the answers feel free to share them with us.

:circle-of-love:Sue, quite simply I had just admonished him about smoking cigarettes still in his condition and then went on to imply, he might should cut back on smoking Cannabis, as well. He said "smoking or vaping actually helps me breathe and increases my blood oxygen saturation level" He proceeded to demonstrate! He placed the dosimeter device on his finger and took a reading ,showing it to me. We took a couple of tokes and he replaced the device and took another reading a minute or two later. The reading clearly showed an increase in his blood oxygen level! :high-five: In fact, it raised it from indicating he should put on his oxygen, to where he was above the point he usually applies it! He went on to tell me that he got those results from any good variety regardless of smoked or vaped. :love: However, his continued smoking of cigarettes is killing him faster, I am sure. We both agree in the opinion, that he would of been dead several years ago, except for his regular, daily use of oils, butter and smoke, with his lung and heart conditions. He has a mass the size of a fist in one lung that is inoperable due to his heart condition making survival unlikely. He thinks this mass is all the dead cancerous cells built up over many years! The doctors said he does not have lung cancer but a mass that is benign! He has all the fears and anxiety that a dying person has, along with his breathing and heart difficulties and staying stoned helps him better deal with that most of the time! :peace:

Tim, I lifted this out of a post you left at the Alzheimer's thread. It jumped off the page for me. Can you please elaborate on this? Just exactly how did he demonstrate the increase in blood oxygen levels in connection with his smoking a joint?

A bit of whimsy for the room: :laughtwo:

Right before Dale went into hospice for his passing they went through the trouble to haul him up those 40 steps so he could be home for a couple days. I had freshly harvested Dark Devil Auto at the time. :yahoo: We knew he was dying. It was just a matter of time. As it was, I had to call them within 48 hours to come and pick him up, but we had so much fun with that DDA in that 48 hours. Lol!

He wanted to smoke joints. I rolled so many it was rediculous! We went through most of what I had on hand in those two days. :cheesygrinsmiley: He was on oxygen at the time. Hahaha! Some of you know where this is going. :rofl:

We kept forgetting to take the oxygen tube out of his nose before I handed him the next joint.

"Oh Shit! We did it again!" Hahaha! OMG! :rofl: :rofl:

I don't advocate anyone try to duplicate that level of excitement. Don't try this at home. :rofl:

The man never said a disparaging word to me. Not one. We're talking about me. :laughtwo:

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the testimony of unconditional love. :battingeyelashes: :love:

On that much calmer note, I'll go to bed. See you in the morning. :hug: :love:

I see you flittering around here Birdie. :love: :hug::hug: :love:

I've followed your care and love and devotion to him the last couple of years. He didn't ever say anything disparaging to you, because he was clearly amazing and loved you more than himself. However, don't think you DESERVED disparaging words. Your devotion to him was obviously matched by his love for you. You did more than most would, and you did it lovingly, with hope, passion and with humor. I saw your chronicles of it.

Both extremely lucky to have found each other.

Ok, so, last night I got down to it. I got my teeny, tiny dropper and mixed 1 drop of my cannabis with 20 drops of olive oil.

(by the way, contact lens cases are quite the perfect place to do this)

I mixed it very well and took one drop of the mixture. All good. It might be perfect. Just a slight, very slight relaxation. Which is good for me. Nothing negative, except the waking up at 5 am, which was happening the whole time I was taking the cannabis last week. Why is that? I'm not feeling awake, just waking up. I'm a 10-12 hour sleeper, so it's weird :)

I did the same today, but I didn't wipe/clean out the dropper of the concentrated cannabis as well as last night, so I definitely ended up with more and I feel it. It's not necessarily bad yet, but I was more comfortable last night. That saves me the trouble of wondering whether to increase the amount yet or not :) I'm sticking with 1/20 of a teeny drop for now. I will be getting a new little dropper bottle and just mixing up a diluted batch.

Good lord, am I a wimp or what!!??? Talk about micro-dosing.

Oh, I'm so hoping this is going to work out. I will still be going to get the right formulation next month, so that I'll feel more comfortable at higher doses. As it is, this is not enough to help at all with pain, and I don't know yet about stronger anxiety.

Ok. Sorry I haven't filed you guys in yet. Life has been busy.

Decarbed 12g c-99 for 110 minutes at 230. Used 8g for 1c coconut oil.

Coconut oil - 1c with 1T lecithin with 8g ground herb. Cooked in oven @ 200 over night (8 hours or so) Stirred if I happend to be passing by the oven.

Brownies made with this batch of oil definitely have a bit more of a bunch.

As for smoking. It hits harder, but a the c99 is now a little more like an indica. I think the fact that I usually harvest with 25% It may be intensifying that. I know you usually harvest with little or no amber. I think I will chop a bud from the next c99 when it is just cloudy and see how that cooks up.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :) :circle-of-love::peace:

Ok, so, last night I got down to it. I got my teeny, tiny dropper and mixed 1 drop of my cannabis with 20 drops of olive oil.

(by the way, contact lens cases are quite the perfect place to do this)

I mixed it very well and took one drop of the mixture. All good. It might be perfect. Just a slight, very slight relaxation. Which is good for me. Nothing negative, except the waking up at 5 am, which was happening the whole time I was taking the cannabis last week. Why is that? I'm not feeling awake, just waking up. I'm a 10-12 hour sleeper, so it's weird :)

I did the same today, but I didn't wipe/clean out the dropper of the concentrated cannabis as well as last night, so I definitely ended up with more and I feel it. It's not necessarily bad yet, but I was more comfortable last night. That saves me the trouble of wondering whether to increase the amount yet or not :) I'm sticking with 1/20 of a teeny drop for now. I will be getting a new little dropper bottle and just mixing up a diluted batch.

Good lord, am I a wimp or what!!??? Talk about micro-dosing.

Oh, I'm so hoping this is going to work out. I will still be going to get the right formulation next month, so that I'll feel more comfortable at higher doses. As it is, this is not enough to help at all with pain, and I don't know yet about stronger anxiety.

Sara during my first days on a structured intake program - fancy words for counting my cannabis calories - I adjusted things often. But at least I was keeping track to some degree.

I learned fairly quickly how much to take how often to get to but stay below that uncomfortable line. A common saying is less is more. Growers say that all the time. Same with cannabis compounds. No need to rush to a higher intake rate . If you feel good, stay there for a while. Before you try more, try less.

Now I benefit from a metabolism that doesn't take much to get active. Doesn't take very long either. Given the cost of things I'm very grateful

Congratulations on having started your dosing plan and best wishes on the outcome.

Where's the damn huggy thing .......

Sara during my first days on a structured intake program - fancy words for counting my cannabis calories - I adjusted things often. But at least I was keeping track to some degree.

I learned fairly quickly how much to take how often to get to but stay below that uncomfortable line. A common saying is less is more. Growers say that all the time. Same with cannabis compounds. No need to rush to a higher intake rate . If you feel good, stay there for a while. Before you try more, try less.

Now I benefit from a metabolism that doesn't take much to get active. Doesn't take very long either. Given the cost of things I'm very grateful

Congratulations on having started your dosing plan and best wishes on the outcome.

Where's the damn huggy thing .......

Thank you so much!! I truly wasn't thinking about diluting with my own oil, so that recommendation is priceless. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get below a single drop - or even that less than a single drop was necessary. I thought that was a baby-dose :) Silly me.

Yes, price wise, having this kind of system is beneficial. I mean, had I tolerated the hemp better, 1 10mL bottle would have lasted me 7 or 8 months. If this cannabis were the right kind, the 1 oz bottle would last me well over a year. Goodness, maybe 2.

:hug: :Namaste:

Ok. Sorry I haven't filed you guys in yet. Life has been busy.

Decarbed 12g c-99 for 110 minutes at 230. Used 8g for 1c coconut oil.

Coconut oil - 1c with 1T lecithin with 8g ground herb. Cooked in oven @ 200 over night (8 hours or so) Stirred if I happend to be passing by the oven.

Brownies made with this batch of oil definitely have a bit more of a bunch.

As for smoking. It hits harder, but a the c99 is now a little more like an indica. I think the fact that I usually harvest with 25% It may be intensifying that. I know you usually harvest with little or no amber. I think I will chop a bud from the next c99 when it is just cloudy and see how that cooks up.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :) :circle-of-love::peace:

Thanks for sharing the test results and the recipe. Is that 1 cup of oil and 1 Teaspoon of lecithin?

I have a new saying to put in my signature. It will be

"I like my toasted bud extra crispy"

Thanks to all for the new recipe for baking and decarbing. Imagine when I can walk into a shop and get a coffee and a bud extra crispy.

I'm still working out the dosage from my tincture. So far it hasn't made me high, in spite of using Bacardi 151 as the carrier. I brewed it with the min amount of the carrier to get the best extraction, but found I have to dilute it 50% to tolerate the burn under the tongue! The undiluted tincture filled 10 - 2 oz bottles. I put coconut extract in the 2 OZ bottle I diluted, which made it tolerable.

But a full dropperful doesn't make me high, which I don't want anyway. However, I have to find that dose at which I DO feel the effects, then drop off slightly to get JUST the healthy benefits. Started dosing during the day, so I can time the onset of any effects.

I have the same problem with my CCO. I haven't found the magic dose yet between high and not high. (rubbed on the gums with a finger).

I'm thinking you can reduce the concentration of the hemp as well? You can melt pretty much anything into something.

I was thinking exactly the same! This amount of cannabis is doing nothing for pain and my joint creakiness is keeping me from moving as much. If I feel frisky, I'm going to try some diluted hemp, as well. My new kind is sitting at my parents' house waiting for me.

I actually have beautiful hemp seed oil I use for my face - I forgot about that. I'll use it :)

Back
Top Bottom