Thanks, Sue. I couldn't have done it without you. You gave me the impetus to start and as you well know, it's addicting. :cheesygrinsmiley:

By the way, I added 20 more ml of oil to my cannaoil and it's all cooling now. I also sent a PM your way but sent it before adding my customary salutation but I'm high and kind of distracted.
:laughtwo:

:circle-of-love:

I would agree with your assessment Hash Girl. The cream and the capsules are likely working in concert to hit pain and inflammation on many levels. Consider that the cells affected by the cream won't necessarily need the attention of the cannabinoids coming into the system through the gut.

I'm a big fan of getting the cannabinoids from many directions. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And hey....... how proud am I of you taking control of your health concerns with your own two hands? :love: :hug: :love:

Yeah...... Pretty proud. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You don't realize how much good the cannabinoids were doing until you stop taking them. Caught you by surprise, didn't it?

I wanted to reassure you that as you progress along your helping path you should anticipate there will come a point when the ECS is so well supported that you can begin to pull back on the reserve cannabinoids and expect your body to pick up the slack. In other words, the expectation should be that you won't be locked into a cannabinoid therapy for the rest of your life either. The role of the ECS is to create homeostasis. You're designed to be a healing machine. We're just supplementing troops until your system is stronger.

The bodies own system of dealing with "enemies" is amazing and guess what, your bodies "healing center" works with the entire body, it won't tell your thyroid to stop producing hormones or cause neuropathy by stripping away the protective sheath of your nervous system. The body is designed to work in harmony with itself (when it works right) and its way of handling beasties does not have "side affects" that you pay for later. When given prescriptions, check to see if they re "Black boxed". Sue's comment "the body is healing machine", is so true and it's really an amazing one. If you can bolster its natural ways of dealing with what it considers a threat, the far better off you be. You might start talking yoda though. Good luck

Hi Anchutz.

It was made with 10g of Hash Plant, which is an indica with about 12% THC and 3% CBD.

Here's the final recipe if you're interested. It's kind of a mish-mash because I was trying to replicate supergroomer's recipe but mine took forever to actually be more cream than oil. Cannafan is supposed to be trying to replicate my recipe so it will be interesting to see how hers comes out. Anyways, here's the recipe (I'm a little high right now so sorry if I've been too wordy.):

HashGirl's First Canna Cream Recipe

And, here's the recipe I was trying to replicate:

SuperGroomer - New cream recipe - Reported great for sore muscles/stiffness/Pain

Making your own medication is definitely pretty cool and I highly encourage it. It's worth it, in my opinion.

Thanks,
I am as well and tend to get wordy too, your connecting with your creative side. However you say it, it is much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi there, new person with a possibly silly question, but here goes... my doc has me using oil for my migraines but in order to use the prescribed amount, I've been told to build up my tolerance, which i've been doing, but the more oil i have to take at once, the more disgusting it tastes. so can I mix it with my hot chocolate or a glass of water or will that change the effectiveness? i just want to be able to take it without gagging. help, please?

I did google but it keeps just telling me how to make oil and that's less than helpful

thanks!!

Leslie

Hi there, new person with a possibly silly question, but here goes... my doc has me using oil for my migraines but in order to use the prescribed amount, I've been told to build up my tolerance, which i've been doing, but the more oil i have to take at once, the more disgusting it tastes. so can I mix it with my hot chocolate or a glass of water or will that change the effectiveness? i just want to be able to take it without gagging. help, please?

I did google but it keeps just telling me how to make oil and that's less than helpful

thanks!!

Leslie

There's no heat issues to be concerned with Leslie. My personal inclination would be to make it a warm drink that I could get down quickly. It's an oil, so you'll want to mix and drink straight down.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with more useful advice. I take my oils in capsule form.

You piqued my interest though, because one of the benefits we weren't expecting when I started my daughter on capsules made with infused oil of a balanced ratio strain was the disappearance of her migraines. She hasn't had one since she started her regimen over a year ago.

May your success be as profound. Going from almost daily migraines to none at all has been a life-changer for her.

My cousin deals with migraines daily. Don't know if she'll try cannabis but where would be a good place to start with a never smoker? Ratio wise.

First Grow For Me - So First Journal Also

My daughter uses cannabis as medicine only. She's not a recreational user, and she's not a smoker either. She does have a vaporizer, but that's for breakthrough anxiety.

The migraines are responding to the balanced ratio of CBD and THC in the CBD Critical Cure I used to make her capsules. They were made with a ratio of 100 grams of buds infused into 1liter of carrier oil. I've used both coconut and olive oil for her capsules, and neither mix has caused euphoria. Choosing a balanced ratio strain has proven to be a good method to control pain.

She started with three capsules a day (size 00) and worked up to four a day before all of the anxiety was controllable, but the migraines vanished at three a day.

She tells me she doesn't feel high at all, just the overwhelming sense of wellbeing. We understand this is her experience of a low-level euphoria, but it's so close to normal, without the anxiety, that she knows she's not "high."

thanks!!

Leslie

Hi Leslie. Your question isn't silly at all. My favorite flavors to blend with cannabis are chocolate and tomato juice (not together, now that would be silly!) What I like is that they don't just mask the flavor, they actually blend and make it taste decent, not really good, but decent.

If your dose will fit into a capsule that's a good option, too. You need an oral syringe to fill capsules but it's pretty simple. If you're using concentrated cannabis oil you can mix it with olive oil to make dosing easier. 5 ml will fill 6 "00" capsules.

Be certain to stay hydrated and make the attempt to get some bone broth into you, if you have the access. Infections in the teeth can be problematic and easily become complicated. The bone broth will load you up with micronutrients. Some chicken soup (homemade) will bolster the immune system in ways nothing else will,particularly if the cook breaks the bones to harvest the marrow.

I'll be watching to see the improved report as healing commences. :hug: :love:

Are you taking any omega-3 fish oil capsules? If not, consider adding them to your daily regimine.
Thank you Sue! Your advice did help and I got my sleep rythm back to somewhat normal and I do feel more active and more joyful! Hope it stays this way!

My little first plants!

thanks!!

Leslie

Try blending the oil with hot chocolate Leslie. The blender should make it a bit creamier....and tasty .

1st Time Grow For My Beautiful Broken Brain

thanks!!

Leslie

Hi Leslie,

Im not fan of the taste of oil so now I put it into capsules, but, if I don't have any premade I will put oil into peanut butter and warm it up in microwave. It masks the flavor of oil fairly well and has fats for bioavailability.

Good luck

My dad is 76 yr old Vietnam vet who presumably developed lung cancer from agent orange exposure, as he never smoked. He was just diagnosed 4 months ago, but it already has spread to his spine and brain. He began a raw vegan diet and went to a facility for a 6 week water fast. He also had surgery to remove a painful disc, but did not want chemo or radiation. He has always been very strong and fit, but now is rather thin. I researched cannabis oil and convinced him to try it. I used an Indica heavy, high THC strain (OG Kush) and put the oil in capsules. He is taking steroids and a low dose morphine in addition to the cannabis oil. We are now up to the equivalent of 16 grains of rice (which I believe is about .5 gram) per day, gradually increasing to the goal of 1 gram per day. My concern is that he seems to sleep most of the time, is weak and does not have much of a appetite so seems to be getting thinner (or at least not gaining). He has at least 60 days left of this treatment. Is it normal for him to sleep this much while taking the cannabis oil and, if so, will this change or should we expect it during the entire treatment (he can't stake awake for more that 15 minutes at a time)? Also, because he is not eating very much, I am now concerned with bioavaiaibility after reading some of your posts. Would giving him coconut oil with the meal help?

This is all so scary and I want to make sure I am doing everything right. Any advice or suggestions would so appreciated.

Thanks, Vickie

*Upon additional reading, I am wondering if I should open all the capsules and add lecithin? Right now they are just have cannabis oil. Will the lecithin be effective if it isn't actually mixed with the RSO and just added to the same capsule? OMG! There is so much to think about!!

My dad is 76 yr old Vietnam vet who presumably developed lung cancer from agent orange exposure, as he never smoked. He was just diagnosed 4 months ago, but it already has spread to his spine and brain. He began a raw vegan diet and went to a facility for a 6 week water fast. He also had surgery to remove a painful disc, but did not want chemo or radiation. He has always been very strong and fit, but now is rather thin. I researched cannabis oil and convinced him to try it. I used an Indica heavy, high THC strain (OG Kush) and put the oil in capsules. He is taking steroids and a low dose morphine in addition to the cannabis oil. We are now up to the equivalent of 16 grains of rice (which I believe is about .5 gram) per day, gradually increasing to the goal of 1 gram per day. My concern is that he seems to sleep most of the time, is weak and does not have much of a appetite so seems to be getting thinner (or at least not gaining). He has at least 60 days left of this treatment. Is it normal for him to sleep this much while taking the cannabis oil and, if so, will this change or should we expect it during the entire treatment (he can't stake awake for more that 15 minutes at a time)? Also, because he is not eating very much, I am now concerned with bioavaiaibility after reading some of your posts. Would giving him coconut oil with the meal help?

This is all so scary and I want to make sure I am doing everything right. Any advice or suggestions would so appreciated.

Thanks, Vickie

Hello Vickie. I see you found us. :hug: :love:

I'm assuming the medical team has no explaination for the sleepiness and your thinking it's the oil? A random thought before I go further: thinness is a hallmark of a strict vegan diet. How is your father's strength and sense of wellbeing?

My first thought is you may be fighting the powerful knock-out medicine I hear OG Kush is. I don't use indicas at all, so I have no personal point of reference. If I'm wrong in that assessment, someone will step forward and tell me so. :cheesygrinsmiley:

If that oil was processed into BioBomb capsules (we can assist you with that) it could be used as suppositories, which would get the cannabinoids into the system in major doses without the sleepiness the OG Kush may be producing right now.

Do you have access to an oil that's made from a sativa-dominant strain? The standard approach is to use a sativa for daytime meds, making the best of their tendency to offer uplifting response. This gives you the energy to get through the days. If euphoria is a concern the THC doses during the day can be limited. In this way you get the majority of any CBD meds you're using during the daytime and then get the major THC dose at night with the indica, allowing the patient to sleep more soundly.

There are many ways to tweak this. If he's not tacking (smearing it on the gums) before a major dose, this simple change can get more cannabinoids into the system without euphoria. It also primes the pump for the major dose. Using the oil as BioBombs increases the bioavailability of the oil, saving you time and money, not to mention accelerated healing potential.

Hi Vickie.

First, a link to base regimen for cancer treatment that explains a lot of what I'll talk about below.
A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

1) Kush strains are high in myrcene which makes them good strains for reaching and treating cancer in brain and spinal cord. It also causes drowsiness. Combined with the morphine that would explain sleepiness. Mostly I would blame the morphine.
2) Adding CBD oil to the mix would offset the sleepy effects and psychoactiveness of the Kush oil. It also enhances the effectiveness of THC in killing cancer, plus it has its own cancer fighting properties. I would use CBD for at least 25% of oil.
3) Taking the capsules as rectal suppositories instead of orally will also increase the effectiveness of cannabis. You can use the same gelatine capsules. It's really much easier than it sounds and not at all unpleasant.
4) Add the supplements Apigenin and Amentoflavone (listed in Base Regimen). Taking 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (or more) before each dose will also help block processing in liver.
5) We have a recipe for a BioBomb that will dramatically increase bioavailability in combination with the steps above. I will post the link later.

It's a lot to take in all at once.
I would focus on adding the supplements and taking capsules as suppositories first.
Add the CBD oil when you can get it.
When you have a handle on those parts then we can work on mixing up the biobombs for maximum effectiveness.

I'm sorry you and your father have to go through this. Sending healing thoughts.

SweetSue,

He just started the vegan diet after being diagnosed. That, along with the water fast caused him to lose about 25 pounds. In retrospect, neither of those was probably a great idea. He was experiencing great pain so he had surgery on his spine. After the surgery is when he started the cannabis oil and was also on pain meds for the surgery, so he has been medicated or "stoned" for the past 2 weeks as we have been steadily increasing the cannabis oil dosage. His vitals signs and oxygen level are excellent and he has a positive attitude and great frame of mind during the short periods that he is awake.

My sister and I made the oil based on the Rick Simpson website that recommends high THC Indica. We used a pound of cannabis and injected the oil into capsules of various dosages. My stepmother is administering the pills and she has a difficult time waking him up to swallow them... I really don't know if she'd be able to handle the suppository method, but I will talk to her. He is in a neck brace for the next 3 months because of his surgery, so I don't know if he would be able to do it himself.

I hadn't heard of tacking and all of the oil is in capsules. I guess we could try to open some of the caps and see if we can get the oil out. I can also get sativa and make daytime capsules.

This is all so overwhelming! Thank you SO much for your response!!

KingstonRabbi,

Thank you! Your are right, this is a lot to take in. I will get the supplements and talk to my dad about the importance of taking the capsules as suppositories. On top of everything else, the poor guy has a neck brace that limits his movements so I will to get his wife on board as well. Are all CBD oils comparable or should I look for something specific?

Thanks again for the advice! I appreciate it so very much!!

Hello Vickie. I see you found us. :hug: :love:

I'm assuming the medical team has no explaination for the sleepiness and your thinking it's the oil? A random thought before I go further: thinness is a hallmark of a strict vegan diet. How is your father's strength and sense of wellbeing?

My first thought is you may be fighting the powerful knock-out medicine I hear OG Kush is. I don't use indicas at all, so I have no personal point of reference. If I'm wrong in that assessment, someone will step forward and tell me so. :cheesygrinsmiley:

If that oil was processed into BioBomb capsules (we can assist you with that) it could be used as suppositories, which would get the cannabinoids into the system in major doses without the sleepiness the OG Kush may be producing right now.

Do you have access to an oil that's made from a sativa-dominant strain? The standard approach is to use a sativa for daytime meds, making the best of their tendency to offer uplifting response. This gives you the energy to get through the days. If euphoria is a concern the THC doses during the day can be limited. In this way you get the majority of any CBD meds you're using during the daytime and then get the major THC dose at night with the indica, allowing the patient to sleep more soundly.

There are many ways to tweak this. If he's not tacking (smearing it on the gums) before a major dose, this simple change can get more cannabinoids into the system without euphoria. It also primes the pump for the major dose. Using the oil as BioBombs increases the bioavailability of the oil, saving you time and money, not to mention accelerated healing potential.

Hi SweetSue,
Poking around more about those bio bombs, looks Ideal for optimizing to a theraputic dose. Are there different recipes? do you ever blend different oils or whatever strains of cannabis to arrive at a recipe? If I was going to grow (ya, I'm thinking bout it now) it would make sense to grow what I like individually and can enhance by mixing with one or two with different strains to mix after whatever processing plant choose. I'm working on space utilization of a cabinet.

Hi SweetSue,
Poking around more about those bio bombs, looks Ideal for optimizing to a theraputic dose. Are there different recipes? do you ever blend different oils or whatever strains of cannabis to arrive at a recipe? If I was going to grow (ya, I'm thinking bout it now) it would make sense to grow what I like individually and can enhance by mixing with one or two with different strains to mix after whatever processing plant choose. I'm working on space utilization of a cabinet.

My first grow was in a tiny closet I made famous. :laughtwo: It's entirely possible to do a satisfactory grow in a limited space. You train the plants to meet your needs and they're very accommodating, for the most part. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Cajun actually recommends we mix the plants before processing into oil to get the greatest syngeristic effects from each contributor. We're still feeling our way into improvements in oil production and administration.

The biobombs can be made in different strengths. We typically recommend you start with a 20:1 mix, unless you have severe sensitivity to one of the components. Then you increase the ratio of CCO as needed until you reach an effective therapeutic dose. We can help you figure all that out.

Back
Top Bottom