Symbiotic Genetics & Others 2023 Summer Grow!

up-potting = BOG's way to transplant (long lanky seedling = to far from light during germination - FYI)
Thanks @safeman, I know they were to far and my $20 light was garbage as well. I'll keep 'em propped up for now till I can transplant them a little deeper in the new 1 gallons.

Hope you dont mind if I jump on your train here and grab a watch. You're the only one I know of using those nutes at the moment and I might be buying them for a SIP grow with autoflowers and VIVOSUNs SGS very shortly. Going to need to be front and center and see what they do for your grow :cheer::nerd-with-glasses::morenutes:
Thanks for stopping by @AutoNautPsychoFlower. I haven't given them any nutrients yet. I'll probably start in the next week or so. If they don't outgrow their pots before then. If they do then I'll just up-pot and they won't need any nutrients for a couple weeks again. I'm curious about how those nutrients will work out. I was reading the back and it's just equal parts of A and B in different amounts for the entire growth cycle. I'm sure I'll have to learn more about them as I go and the amounts it says to give them.

Thanks for stopping by @AutoNautPsychoFlower. I haven't given them any nutrients yet. I'll probably start in the next week or so. If they don't outgrow their pots before then. If they do then I'll just up-pot and they won't need any nutrients for a couple weeks again.
Thanks for posting your grow and Im happy to be here. :cheer:
I'm curious about how those nutrients will work out. I was reading the back and it's just equal parts of A and B in different amounts for the entire growth cycle. I'm sure I'll have to learn more about them as I go and the amounts it says to give them.
Thats exactly why Im thinking of using them. They seem incredibly super easy to mix and feed. At least a good baseline to work from.

What's up guys/gals small update here this morning. We have roots out of the bottom of the cups! I will see tomorrow if they are stable enough to transplant into the 1 gallon containers and also give them their first dark period. Till now they have been under 24 hours of light. They are now 15 days from soaking seeds and most of them 11-12 days above ground
AA70D8F2-C5D9-46CE-9D2A-FF7FCEACAE60.jpeg

Update 3/12. Transplant day! So I decided to move the girls into 1 gallon pots today. I must admit it wasn't my cleanest transplant. Because I had them sitting on the 1 gallon pots below them they all had grown through their little pots and put roots into the 1 gallons below them. When I lifted them off to get it ready some roots broke off on some of them. Next time I will not set them above more soil like that. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage but I imagine they didn't like it much. Here's some photos of them in their new home.
FD05D5EB-4693-4392-AC44-AC93FDAB5058.jpeg
5BB7A400-4832-4D48-AD00-416499402190.jpeg
28C19D77-CCAE-44AF-B20B-839449B6624D.jpeg
C3ECA98D-4608-488B-8720-3F5F7AD0BEFD.jpeg
E775E844-D1B7-447A-83E6-48FCC9C18021.jpeg

Update 3/6: came home from work today and got a nice little surprise. My Viaprspectar ks5000 came in! As did my vivosun nutrients that I won in the contest. I set the light up and got it hung but I'll need to do some adjusting and tucking some wires/strings to make it neat in there.

First impressions after hanging it was that it barely fits in my 4x4 which is a good thing. I was use to hanging multiple lights in my tent to get the coverage I wanted so that's for sure a plus. It is very bright and fills my whole tent with light. I'm excited to get the babies under it, shooting for Friday!
0BD0F372-F051-4D5D-B82C-A9209D72BB57.jpeg
EC5DFE0B-FEB9-42B0-A581-552406CA47DE.jpeg

The vivosun nutrients came as well. I've never used a 2 part nutrient before that you use the entire growth cycle. I'm looking forward to trying it and seeing how well it does next to my normal nutrient lineup. I am going to use the vivosun on Tahoe Brunch #2 aka Karen and Rollina #2 Nikki. I will use biobizz on Tiffany, Cardi B, and Dr Quinn.
92CC23E1-662B-4C60-82B2-7330F51035AD.jpeg

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Nice looking 👀 light and it’s going to be interesting seeing how the nutes compare to each other. CL🍀

24 hours after transplant and they seem like they took it well, even though it wasn't as smooth as I would have liked. The girls are liking the new light and new room in the pots. Just gave them water at transplant ph to 6.2. I haven't gave them any nutrients yet but will do so in the next week or so. Now it's time to watch them grow!
01EBC859-542B-4DC8-AAB4-A352B728F015.jpeg

Just a little update today to give a shout-out to ViparSpectra for the light. So far i am really impressed by how much the plants love it. I still have it @50% the same 30" away. No stretching and since putting the plants underneath it they have really exploded with growth. These photos are from the first night I put them under the new light 7 days ago to this morning.
84589295-5BA0-4170-B01D-6F0D66663E53.jpeg
332802BD-C766-40C2-89CD-2D51A1ABE2E0.png

I noticed Tiffany had something funky goin one with her last set of leaves but seems to have been taken care of on this new set. Not sure if maybe it was from the transplant or not but something to keep an eye on I guess.
B99D2925-D9A9-467E-AEB9-5B2607471926.png

Watered them with regular water ph 6.4 this morning. Will probably start introducing them to nutrients in the next watering. This was the first watering since the transplant on Sunday so they were good for a little over 3 days. Thanks for checking in! Going to be starting my outdoor seeds soon as well.

Update 3/20. Girls are plugging along getting bigger every day! Tomorrow they will be 3 weeks since they first broke through the rapid rooters. All lookin real healthy and strong. I haven't had to water them since Thursday morning. I think they will need a drink in the morning. I will probably give them their first taste of nutes. Nikki and Karen will get a dose of the @VIVOSUN nutrients and the rest will get biobizz. Specifically I am going to compare the results between Nikki/cardi b (Rollina) and tiffany/Karen (Tahoe brunch).
2F9DF781-2115-4A48-B915-881DD8AC87C6.png

Tiffany is still showing the variegation on the same side(alternating nodes) that @InTheShed so kindly informed me about. Since it's a genetic thing we will see how it goes. She's my biggest plant so far and is very healthy otherwise.

I just soaked some more beans yesterday for my outdoor grow. Also started a few for my pops as well. We are supposed to get a few days of nice weather so I might start getting that hoop house built

#lovewhatyougrow

Update 3/28. Hello my friends today we have another update on the girls. For the most part they are just vegging along looking healthy and green. We have yet another stormy day here in "sunny" California and looks like tomorrow will be more of the same. I took quite a few pictures of them, did some individual and group shots. Still trying to decide if I will end up finishing any in the tent or just end up putting then outside. Time will tell! They will be 4 weeks since sprout tomorrow.

First is Tiffany (Tahoe brunch) with her variegated leafs
102AA816-63CC-4FAD-BB61-85ABE496C6E3.jpeg

Then Nikki (Rollina)
56CD24CF-AFA5-44CB-B072-816F8C57E609.jpeg

Followed by Cardi B (Rollina) prob my favorite plant so far
749EFF53-7B01-4D5D-A5A0-376D48FA65C1.jpeg

Karen (Tahoe brunch) my smallest plant but not by much
335BA41C-E0A5-4F84-A76A-7421FE22B7B8.jpeg

Dr Quinn (cbd express) a close second to cardi b for favorite plant. Very strong and even growth. Really happy with this seed
C8E69C48-948D-4C9E-ABCB-9F1F06FBD360.jpeg

Honey banana #1 these were from an old plant my cousin grew about 5 years ago. These aren't fem seeds so we will see but they also look great
423A48EC-0456-43E5-9757-E06EC2D87935.jpeg

Honey banana #2
D852456A-0CC6-4047-B1A3-E45D0F3046B0.jpeg

New seedlings I started for my cousin/dad. 7 Rollina ( meant to start 6 but I guess I can't count), 6 Tahoe brunch , and the other 2 cbd express seeds I got. I was 15/15 on the sprouts but 1 Rollina is looking real wimpy
81291791-F9C4-419A-BE76-490719F1BD0B.jpeg

The wimpy
FD941326-4C89-4358-8283-499460226523.jpeg

Tent shot
20B80485-C233-4DF5-80E6-CCA6F8AD35C0.jpeg

Good day fellow cannabis enthusiasts I have a question for you all. My first seed starts are outgrowing their 1 gallon pots. I'm going to up pot in the next day or two as I'm watering basically every day right now. I will also be throwing the new seed starts in 1 gallon pots. I haven't yet topped them. My question for topping them is do/should I just top them at the highest node or can I top them a couple nodes down? I ask this because if I top a couple nodes down they remaining tops will be about the same height for a more even canopy. But I also assume if I top at the highest the others will catch up. Does it matter? One idea better than the other? Thanks

Good day fellow cannabis enthusiasts I have a question for you all. My first seed starts are outgrowing their 1 gallon pots. I'm going to up pot in the next day or two as I'm watering basically every day right now. I will also be throwing the new seed starts in 1 gallon pots. I haven't yet topped them. My question for topping them is do/should I just top them at the highest node or can I top them a couple nodes down? I ask this because if I top a couple nodes down they remaining tops will be about the same height for a more even canopy. But I also assume if I top at the highest the others will catch up. Does it matter? One idea better than the other? Thanks
We’ll let you decide check this out Here , some of InTheShed’s work .

We’ll let you decide check this out Here , some of InTheShed’s work .
Thanks WH I took a look at that thread but its for LST and mostly with autos. These plants are a month old and will be put outside in another month. From which they will grow for another 4-5 months. I will do my best to train them once they are in the ground. But I wanted to get a head start on getting more of a bush like structure prior to that. Is it better to LST, top, or leave them be for now? Don't want to start tying them down when not in the final pot/location yea? Thanks for replying

Back
Top Bottom