Take Two on the Clones

foxfarmguyZ

This time i tried 3 different grow mediums all with CloneX: First medium- Rapid Rooter, Second medium- 100% Light Warrior By Fox Farm, and the third medium- 2(Light Warrior)-1(Ocean Forest) Both by Fox Farm.

They're under a 400 watt hps lamp 4 feet way. In two weeks im getting a t5 lamp for clones/vegging.

The pictures were snapped 12 hours after cutting were taken . So let me know what you think .:roorrip:

ResizeRR.jpg

ResizeLw.jpg

REsize2to1.jpg

ResizeMaladies.jpg

UPDATE UPDATE-Re: Take two on the clones

Soooo I got a new light for my little ladies. Pioneer Jr. 2 bulb FCKN Sexy (wanted the 4bulb, but it was out of stock)
They're both in light warrior2-1ocean forest . So where was I? Oh yeah . Take a look at my two clones.
I just gave them both there first 1/2 strength dosage of big bloom from FF. In other words, instead of giving them 2 tbls. to 1 gal . I did 1 tbls. I want to start out light and work my way up with the nutrients . Plus i don't have a ppm tester yet . So i dont want to burn them .

Alright so the 28th will be the second week of life for these ladies, Im pretty sure it will take a little longer for them to root since they were under a HPS lamp 4 ft away. And that was for a week or so .
My question is, Should I use grow big starting on there second week of life , or wait another week.

The first two are the same plant (Wendy). Little yellow but looking alright .:]

The second two are the same plant(Sasha). She is turning yellow thats why I started the nutrients.
group pic! Sasha left hand side, Wendy right.

01W.jpg

02W.jpg

sasha.jpg

sasha02.jpg

group.jpg

Week two of clones !!! So it has been a few days , sasha (left hand side)reacted well to the 1/2 strength Big Bloom nutrients , I think she can handle the full amount recommended (2tbls) I'm guessing of the top of my head .Now on to Wendy, Pretty sure I have been over watering her:\ (shame on me ) , As you can see from the top leaf curling inward . I'm trying to let her dry out a bit before re-watering .
Both plants had some green mold on the top layer of soil(also from OVERWATERING), I managed to scraped most of it off today. Hope they're doing alright. Here is a little video of my ladies . Oh andhopefully they have some new friends in a week or so .

YouTube - Ganja Babe 7D
:blunt:

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK !!

Whats up brother. Welcome to 420. Looking good so far. Nice touch with the vid by the way.

My two cents. I would not give them anything until there 4th week in OF, it looks like you might have to transplant before then. Ocean Forest is hot. Grow big is very hot as well. BB at 1/4 will suffice until roots take hold. There is plenty of nutes in that OF.

Once again welcome!

Whats up brother. Welcome to 420. Looking good so far. Nice touch with the vid by the way.

My two cents. I would not give them anything until there 4th week in OF, it looks like you might have to transplant before then. Ocean Forest is hot. Grow big is very hot as well. BB at 1/4 will suffice until roots take hold. There is plenty of nutes in that OF.

Once again welcome!

Do you mean take hold in the new transplanted soil or in the soil they started out in(the little red cups) . Because after 3 weeks these two ladies fill the red little cups with root mass. It was coming out of the bottom of the cup (threw the drain holes) And the BB i got is from a local dispensary, And im sure it need much more nutrients . Or so i was feeling .
I'm new and this is my first grow so learning is happening everyday.
Also i was going to keep them in veg for another 2 weeks . its already been 3 weeks since cloning .

So i decided ever 3 weeks I'm going to take new clones or buy some clones . So hopefully saterday. ill have two new ladies to the garden . Some different plants. Also Flowering room is set up, Temps still needs to be worked out ,but no worries. Get at me peoplez

What strain is it? Blueberry Yumm yumm
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica from dj flo
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? veg 21 days from clone.
If in Veg... For how long? 21
If in Flower stage... For how long? couple more weeks
Indoor or outdoor? in door
Soil or Hydro? soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 2-1 ocean forest to light warrior
If soil... What size pot? 3 gallon pot
Size of light? pioneer Jr 2 bulb 6500 lumes per bulb , im pretty sure . flowering- 400 watt daystar ac cooled .
Is it aircooled? mmhmmm
Temp of Room/cab? 77 but some times 78
RH of Room/cab? dont know yet
PH of media or res? 6.7
Any Pests ? gf, work, life . I'm joking. I'm joking
How often are you watering? 3- 4 day , by the time there is a good layer of dry soil
Type and strength of ferts used? start out 1/2 strength when ever i try something for the first time. and then ease on to the recommended amount required
Nutrients- FF grow big , big bloom, tiger bloom
No expected yelled, just want a yelled.

:nicethread:

I am also growing blueberry for my first grow. I received three as clones and decided to put one aside as a mother. So far I love the blueberry strain because it is bushy and has close internodes. I can't wait to try the end product. I will be keeping a close eye on your thread to see when you harvest. :goodluck:

So, I just Fim'ed (sp?) Sasha.This will be my first time ever using the fim technique, I think i might have cut it too low.But all the leafs were sticking up in a bunch . So i hope she is ok ... I'm not going to do it to wendy, I'll just give her time to catch up to Sasha in height while Sasha works threw shock, I'll be watering them tonight at 10pm roughly.

I start FIM process when they are younger and that is why mine look more bushy. I don't think it causes that much stress. Even if you FIM too low and did more of a topping you will still encourage more nodes to develop :) I have noticed after FIM that my blueberry girls grow faster so you may want to reconsider Sasha.

I start FIM process when they are younger and that is why mine look more bushy. I don't think it causes that much stress. Even if you FIM too low and did more of a topping you will still encourage more nodes to develop :) I have noticed after FIM that my blueberry girls grow faster so you may want to reconsider Sasha.

LEGIT, I'll keep that in mind. How long did it take before you notice rapid growth from fim ' ing . I'm debating on getting a humidifier. I just lost my job and my humidifier just broke . I dont think 30 % humidity is that great, nor that bad. But i think it will be needed in the flowering stage, when all those buds develope .:morenutes:

You have it backwords on the RH (Relative Humidity). You want higher RH during Vegging and lower RH during flower so you don't get mold on the buds. I keep my RH between 30-45%. I took out my humidifier since I was getting ready to flower. If you mist the leaves every couple of days that will also raise the RH cheaply, but I don't think it is necessary at this point.

If you look at the first page of my grow log you will see how fast my plants took off between week 1, 2, and 3 of vegetation. I started FIM at the end of week one because the clones looked like they could handle it. After FIM, I usually see a big jump within 2-3 days. I also have my tent marked on the inside every foot to monitor how fast the plants are growing. I take pictures every 3-4 days & compare the growth. I usually get on average 2-3 inches every day. Hope this helps ya :grinjoint:

Alright, I decided since I'm broke I'm going to try and clone of Sasha. I figure, why not? I was going to trim off the bottom set of branches since they wont be receiving enough light.

I also might be taking my clones then as well, if not then later in the week. Right now i have 3 container ready, 3 for the clones. Once again I'll be using 2-1 of 2-Light Warrior FF . 1-Ocean Forest FF. I'll be watering them with4 oz of water with 1/2-1 tbls of big bloom. I haven't started clones of this way yet but I'm hoping they like it . I did wendy with out a humidity dome so I was thinking of doing the same with them maybe do a little misting the first two days. . I cant wait, Hope it goes well. Leave feed back on what you think or know .

I can only guess you are out west...at any rate, you are working inside. Your RH is likely to be fairly low. Why would you skip the humidity dome? You can make one from a 2litre plastic soda bottle, so it can't be expense. Here the RH is like 80% or more every day (subtropics) and I keep my cuttings on the back porch...I still use humidity domes. I think the yellowing was more a function of the "too intense" light...more than lack of nutes. Soft light, balanced PH, and a gentle patient hand with the FF will go a very long way. I'm currently using the FF family of products (but I make my own soil) and I couldn't be happier so far. I'M ROOTIN' FOR YOU!!!:cheer::cheer:
:surf:

Back
Top Bottom