Tales From The Krip!

Happy new Year Mr. K!...was thinking about you and how you made out with the house and the approaching hurricane at the time...seems like the house survived, and good luck with the legal battle...good to see Ya' get some seeds wet again... :yahoo: ...git'r done!... all the best for 2023...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...

Brother Hook!!! It's great to see, you, too! I'll swing by your journal soon, also, to checkout the trimming paradise. I'm hoping there's more there than I saw on GT's journal but, then again, who am I to talk??? :rofl:

Happy new Year Mr. K!...was thinking about you and how you made out with the house and the approaching hurricane at the time...seems like the house survived, and good luck with the legal battle...good to see Ya' get some seeds wet again... :yahoo: ...git'r done!... all the best for 2023...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...
Ummmm...Your signature seems to be missing a couple of years. Got anything current up? :hmmmm:

been a couple years since I journaled here brotha, but still check in regularly to check on friends and what's happening at the mag...my kingdom for a time machine... ;) ...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...
Well, it's a perfect time to start the 2023 journal! ;)

Do you have anything growing there now or was that a stupid question? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I will say that I did my first successful reversal using STS this year, reversing some Ace Killer A5's and crossing with some Bubba Hash and Guawi, both from Ace, as well as seeding some stuff in the main grow shed by being careless...was kinda' disappointed with that, but gonna' have some interesting crosses to explore...off to Mexico next weekend for a few months, but I'm always around...old habits die hard...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...

I will say that I did my first successful reversal using STS this year, reversing some Ace Killer A5's and crossing with some Bubba Hash and Guawi, both from Ace, as well as seeding some stuff in the main grow shed by being careless...was kinda' disappointed with that, but gonna' have some interesting crosses to explore...off to Mexico next weekend for a few months, but I'm always around...old habits die hard...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...
Have a great time in Mexico, Brother!

Hmmmmm...I gotta boot my laptop and check my seed inventory spreadsheet. I was going through the jars and I have a serious lack of autos. I gave most to a friend since I prefer the photos so I can clone them.

I did find some Dark Devil autos by Dank Seeds and I have a bunch of those beans so I'll try for at least one of those and know they are some premium meds.

I also found some Gorilla Shizzle by Short Stuff Seeds and I think that will be worth a try.

It's lineage is (Gorilla Glue #4 x Auto OG kush) x Tha Shiznit and supposed to take only 9-11 weeks from seed to harvest which is nice & quick. Plus, it's supposed to have some large yields if given enough space and light.

Anyone have experience with this strain?

I'll see what else I can find and want to get those planted ASAP since I'm on a "short" timeline.

K

I had a few autos too, and tried to run them, but they were too old and neglected - didn't crack, and I didn't try all the rescue methods, let 'em go. Don' like the auto buzzes I've had so far anyway. I wanted the Pineapple Express though. Bummer losing that.

I had a GG4 cross this year and was impressed. Great flavor and it wasn't the stupid dull high I expected. Pretty bright actually.

DDa is a worthy one. Not real punchy but a nice flavorful buzz.

[Edit] The GG4 cross was Dracarys by Katsu - GG4 x Bubba Kush. I liked it.

Last night I started soaking a DinaFem White Widow and a Cheeselicious by Europa Seeds. The first White Widow immediately sank, so I dropped a 2nd one in with the first.

Somehow, when I woke up this morning, both WW seeds were floating so I'm not entirely sure how that happened, but, either way, I have two I'm starting with. They've all now sunk so I'm going to plant in some soil tonight.

CORRECTION: It's the Cheeselicious that immediately sank so soaked a 2nd one of that for a total of two Cheeselicious and one White Widow - Not the other way around as originally posted.

I had a few autos too, and tried to run them, but they were too old and neglected - didn't crack, and I didn't try all the rescue methods, let 'em go. Don' like the auto buzzes I've had so far anyway. I wanted the Pineapple Express though. Bummer losing that.

I had a GG4 cross this year and was impressed. Great flavor and it wasn't the stupid dull high I expected. Pretty bright actually.

DDa is a worthy one. Not real punchy but a nice flavorful buzz.
The Pineapple Express was one of my favorite strains. Nice & fruity with plenty of kick. I grew the photos for a long time in my SOG (and was the Bonsai that won POTM many years ago!). I still have some photo seeds but never grown/tried the auto version.

I've also grown the DDA's before. They were some nice meds but not big producers, at least in the 2' x 4' tent. I have to go back and check the light I used on that grow. I know in the past one of the lights I tested wasn't powerful enough to get good buds but I don't think it was that light used for the DDA grow. Maybe they'll produce better outside?

I'm a little torn right now with the Cheeselicious and White Widow soaking. I was planning on putting them in a tent and throwing the autos outdoors but I think I'm better off putting the autos indoors this time of year.

I'm not worried about frost here but there's not as much sun this time of year and indoors I can at least keep the autos under 24 x 7 light to maximize the yield on those. If I put the photos outside, it will probably be like starting them 12/12 from seed and I'll just get to harvest quicker, which is what I want anyway.

You can tell I have't done much planning! :rofl:

I do have some KA5 beans I'm looking to grow but with my short timeline, I need to stay away from the Sativas. ;)

K

So, I just checked and the last time I grew the DDA's I only yielded about two ounces from two plants - and that was using a decent light! :thedoubletake:

They were some great meds, though!

full

K

Yeah, I forgot that autos don't yield.

I ran a bunch of the DDA x Carnival (Devils Carnival) that Nismo made. They were mostly photos though, and they'd yield 2+ ounces.

The buzz was a little too dense if that's all I smoked, but of course, heheh, I had a good variety of other strains at the time. Tasty stuff.

QUICK UPDATE

Happy New Year to all and I hope everyone is doing well.

Personally, 2022 sucked for me and I'm happy to get it in the past! :D

So, I think my last harvest was in June of 2020, or so. I had accumulated a pretty large stash and decided to just take a little time off to focus a little more on my business and do some minor work on the house, etc.

I never expected to be down this long and certainly didn't expect to be down to my last couple of jars of meds! :thedoubletake:

I'm still waiting on the lawsuit with the insurance company to move forward (it's been filed) but I don't want to have to start spending my hard-earned money on buying inferior meds, and I know it's going be at least 4-6 months for me to see any money from the lawsuit, so I decided to try to sneak in a quick grow before the work starts.

Last night I started soaking a DinaFem White Widow and a Cheeselicious by Europa Seeds. The first White Widow immediately sank, so I dropped a 2nd one in with the first.

Somehow, when I woke up this morning, both WW seeds were floating so I'm not entirely sure how that happened, but, either way, I have two I'm starting with. They've all now sunk so I'm going to plant in some soil tonight.

I don't have much room anymore to setup tents, etc. but I'm going to try to set the Gorilla 2' x 4' up if I can figure out the ventilation. I might also try a couple of autos outside but don't want to put the photos out there this time of year.

I'll get some pics up once I have something to show other than seeds in a shot glass of water or a small container of soil waiting for seeds to pop (not that there's anything wrong with those kind of pics! ;) ).

Best wishes for a great 2023 to all!

Happy Harvests!

K
Well, well, well…

Look at what the internet logged in!

You don’t call! 📞
You don’t write! ✍️

Then like nothings happened you just log right back in! And I for one am so excited! In fact I haven’t been this excited since [*Edited by Admin (me) Due to lewd and inappropriate language*]

So good to see you back! I can’t wait to watch your grow magic! And a funny, I think of you every time I look at your dads memory plant. It stands guard at my Bee Cemetery.

Well, well, well…

Look at what the internet logged in!

You don’t call! 📞
You don’t write! ✍️

Then like nothings happened you just log right back in! And I for one am so excited! In fact I haven’t been this excited since [*Edited by Admin (me) Due to lewd and inappropriate language*]

So good to see you back! I can’t wait to watch your grow magic! And a funny, I think of you every time I look at your dads memory plant. It stands guard at my Bee Cemetery.
I peak in from time-to-time but haven't posted much, at all, but it's great to be back and to see you still going at it! :high-five:

I'm still honored that you planted that in memory of my Dad though, I do have to ask....

You have a Bee Cemetery? :thedoubletake:

I'm picturing a small patch of ground with hundreds of tiny little crosses over small pebbles engraved with something like "In Remembrance of Buzz...Here Today, Drone Tomorrow"...but, please explain?

Long time fan Krip! Glad to see you back at it brother.
:passitleft:
Thanks, GG!

I don't expect this to be one of my better grows, unfortunately. Normally, I'm starting with some great genetics, making Bonsai moms and then clones, and vegging for a long time to get some sturdy plants that are heavy producers.

This one is gonna be a quick, down & dirty, fill some jars before time runs out. Since I don't have time to take clones, I'm not really germinating the "good stuff" on this round. I'm just hoping to get lucky with the phenotypes and end up with a decent yield of decent quality bud to hold me though!

Once the housework is done, though, I'll be back hard & heavy building the stash back up with some killer genetics! :yahoo:

NEW GROW OFFICIALLY STARTED - PICS FORTHCOMING

I got the new grow started today! :yahoo:

I planted the (2) Cheeselicious and the White Widow photos I started soaking about 24 hours ago. I also planted one Dark Devil auto and one Gorilla Shizzle auto that weren't soaked prior to planting.

I'm really only expecting one of the Cheeselicious seeds to germinate based on that first one immediately sinking when I went to soak it, but we may get lucky.

I setup a Gorilla 2' x 4' tent with one of the Mars Reflector 9600's and a 6" AC/Infinity Cloudline inline fan. I just ordered an AC/Infinity 6" carbon filter that should arrive this weekend but won't need that, and won't hook it up, for a while.

Tomorrow, I'll put in one or two oscillating fans for circulation and it will be done, at least until I add the carbon filter.

I already have the five seeds/containers in there to germinate so, when they pop, they're receiving good light right from the start.

The plan is to veg everything in the tent under 24 x 7 lighting pretty much until everything doesn't fit anymore. The autos will just flower when they're ready and I'll put the photos outside after about 4 weeks of vegging, again, depending on size. I'm pretty sure the photos will go into flower as soon as they get put out and I'll try to flower them for about 70 days.

So, I'm hoping to harvest everything by right around four months from now and the autos even earlier.

I've got the battery for the camera charging now so I'll get some pics posted in the next 24 hours. Nothing much to see, yet, except the setup, but if small containers of dirt get you excited, I'm sure you'll appreciate the post! :rofl:

Happy Harvests!

K

I peak in from time-to-time but haven't posted much, at all, but it's great to be back and to see you still going at it! :high-five:

I'm still honored that you planted that in memory of my Dad though,
Your dads plant is super happy. He’s weaving his way around my Bridal Veil.

22B7B4A8-9806-4E2B-9F07-A8491A2CB038.jpeg

How is your broken heart? Any better? Often with grief, people go back to their normal, and yours will never be the same. Not that this is about me, while making it about me lol. It took me a decade to reconcile my dads death. And even now, 20+ years on it can still hit me so hard I feel winded by the loss. I really loved him.

My son named his son after him. But swapped the middle name to first and first to middle. Alfred. We call him Alfie or AB.

I do have to ask....

You have a Bee Cemetery? :thedoubletake:

I'm picturing a small patch of ground with hundreds of tiny little crosses over small pebbles engraved with something like "In Remembrance of Buzz...Here Today, Drone Tomorrow"...but, please explain?
Oh you so punnyyyyyyyy!

Lolling!

Well I’m a bit sentimental. I have every plant carcass I’ve ever grown in the corner of my yard. I decided last year sometime to make a cross and make it a illegal burial ground. Lollll

5D417D18-1877-4092-BD51-E27324D63B85.jpeg

Your dads plant is super happy. He’s weaving his way around my Bridal Veil.

22B7B4A8-9806-4E2B-9F07-A8491A2CB038.jpeg

How is your broken heart? Any better? Often with grief, people go back to their normal, and yours will never be the same. Not that this is about me, while making it about me lol. It took me a decade to reconcile my dads death. And even now, 20+ years on it can still hit me so hard I feel winded by the loss. I really loved him.

My son named his son after him. But swapped the middle name to first and first to middle. Alfred. We call him Alfie or AB.

Oh you so punnyyyyyyyy!

Lolling!

Well I’m a bit sentimental. I have every plant carcass I’ve ever grown in the corner of my yard. I decided last year sometime to make a cross and make it a illegal burial ground. Lollll

5D417D18-1877-4092-BD51-E27324D63B85.jpeg
Very nice on the plant and very nice that your son named your grandson after your Dad! :green_heart:

I'm doing OK but definitely not back to my old "normal". I used to go on frequent hikes and be much more active but I've been very lethargic and sedentary since he passed, which isn't good and something I'm looking to change. It's kind of like an old sports injury that doesn't hurt as much as it did when it was injured but there's a lingering pain after that gets worse under certain circumstances such as family get-togethers where he's noticeably missing.

OK, I have a better picture of the Bee Cemetary, but where does the "Bee" come from?

I have a composter and all used plant material goes in there. Then the compost and any spent soil gets spread in the fruit & veggie garden, which reminds me...

I did start a new hobby of winemaking. I figured it would be a good way to preserve some of the prolific fruit harvests I get from some of my trees.

So far, I've made Apple wine (my first/learning batch made from Organic Apple Juice), Blueberry wine (another learning batch from frozen Blueberries), and Starfruit wine from harvested fruit. I still need to bottle the Blueberry and Starfruit and, when that's done, I have a bunch of Persimmons I harvested sitting in the freezer for some Persimmons wine. 🍷

It's been giving me something to do while I haven't been able to grow. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom