Tales From The Krip!

QUICK UPDATE - PICTURES DELAYED

So, the battery to my camera was fully charged this morning and I put it back in the camera to go take some pics and, when I did, I noticed that the SD card wasn't in the camera! :thedoubletake:

Normally, this would be an easy fix...Just go into my office and grab an SD card.

Problem is, with the flood in the house, my office is stripped down to wall studs and concrete floors and everything in there was basically packed up and put in boxes. Way too many to go through searching for an SD card.

So, I just ordered another that should be here tomorrow and I'll get some pics then. :sorry:

Happy Harvests!

K

FALSE ALARM - WE HAVE PICS!

After that last post, I went to put the camera back in its bag and, while I was there decided to search the bag to see if I had any spares/extra SD cards in there, and I found one! :yahoo:

Again, there's nothing real fancy going on and here's about the best a could do on getting a full pic of the tent:

I've got the inline fan hanging from the top:

And, it exhausts out of a window using my custom-made exhaust board which is basically a piece of plywood with a 6" hole cut to fit in the window with insulating foam strips to help everything seal. The inside is painted the same color as the walls and has a 6" exhaust port attached. The outside is painted the same color as the house and has an industrial dryer vent that opens when there's airflow coming through and closes when there's not to prevent any pests from getting in. It really makes exhausting through a window simple and discreet:

The electrical is zip-tied to one of the vertical tent poles to keep it off the ground. Remember, water and electricity don't mix and water runs down! :cheesygrinsmiley::

Finally, the hopefully five, of what will hopefully be girls (I used FEM seeds but I've seen males come from those, too! :( ), once they hopefully sprout :goodluck::

I will still need to add the oscillating fan(s) and, eventually, the carbon filter, but that's about it. Quick, easy, and down & dirty.

Happy Harvests!

K

sweet new set up

And, it exhausts out of a window using my custom-made exhaust board which is basically a piece of plywood with a 6" hole cut to fit in the window with insulating foam strips to help everything seal. The inside is painted the same color as the walls and has a 6" exhaust port attached. The outside is painted the same color as the house and has an industrial dryer vent that opens when there's airflow coming through and closes when there's not to prevent any pests from getting in. It really makes exhausting through a window simple and discreet:

perfect. made a few myself over the years. you can run a screen at the outlet behind the dryer vent to help.

sweet new set up

perfect. made a few myself over the years. you can run a screen at the outlet behind the dryer vent to help.
Yeah, I did that, too! :cheesygrinsmiley:

For anyone interested, you can actually get a better idea of the build in this post:

Very nice on the plant and very nice that your son named your grandson after your Dad! :green_heart:
I know! There is a saying, I’m gonna fuck it up but the jist is they are only truly gone when their name is said for the last time.
I'm doing OK but definitely not back to my old "normal". I used to go on frequent hikes and be much more active but I've been very lethargic and sedentary since he passed, which isn't good and something I'm looking to change. It's kind of like an old sports injury that doesn't hurt as much as it did when it was injured but there's a lingering pain after that gets worse under certain circumstances such as family get-togethers where he's noticeably missing.
Time to create new habits. Get back to focusing on your health and happiness. A new year is a perfect beginning. Your challenge this week is a hike. Pictures or it didn’t happen! Lol
OK, I have a better picture of the Bee Cemetary, but where does the "Bee" come from?
My very first plants Trixie Bee and Minxie Bee. Trixie was a nickname of mine back in my naughty days. Stems back to an old dealer he would always ask what tricks I’d been up to coz I was always scamming, and Trixie stuck. My last name starts with B, I don’t know. Like my nickname it just stuck. I call my plants bees 🐝
I have a composter and all used plant material goes in there. Then the compost and any spent soil gets spread in the fruit & veggie garden, which reminds me...

I did start a new hobby of winemaking. I figured it would be a good way to preserve some of the prolific fruit harvests I get from some of my trees.

So far, I've made Apple wine (my first/learning batch made from Organic Apple Juice), Blueberry wine (another learning batch from frozen Blueberries), and Starfruit wine from harvested fruit. I still need to bottle the Blueberry and Starfruit and, when that's done, I have a bunch of Persimmons I harvested sitting in the freezer for some Persimmons wine. 🍷
I love that! And not just because I’m partial to wine. Lol
It's been giving me something to do while I haven't been able to grow. :confused:
You still working?

I’m gonna fuck it up
You seem to say that quite often! :rofl:
Your challenge this week is a hike
OK...But I used to play football and I might punt on the hike! ;)
Stems back to an old dealer
How old was this dealer? :hmmmm:
I love that! And not just because I’m partial to wine.
It's actually a lot of fun and another hobby where you can enjoy the fruits of your labor. It's been kinda like rehab for me not being able to grow! :nervous-guy:
You still working?
They say when you do something you love you never work a day in your life and, yes, I'm still working like a dog!:rofl:

FIRST ONE TO THE PARTY :party:

The first girl is just arriving at the party. It's the White Widow:

I expect the next one will be one of the Cheeselicious since those were the seeds that got soaked for 24 hours before planting.

Happy Harvests!

K

SMILE & SAY CHEESE! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I just checked the tent and, as expected, the Cheeselicious has sprouted.

I expect the next one will be one of the Cheeselicious since those were the seeds that got soaked for 24 hours before planting.

What I didn't expect is that both Cheeselicious sprouted (remember, the first seed sank right away which is why I dropped the second) and both had sprouted with their husks still on. :thedoubletake:

So, I performed a helmet-ectomy on each of them and both surgeries were successful. I might need to change my screen name to "Dr. Krip"! :rofl:

I put them back in the tent (recovery room) to let their cotyledons open up and will get some pics later today.

So far, no signs of either of the autos sprouting.

Happy Harvests!

K

SMILE & SAY CHEESE! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I just checked the tent and, as expected, the Cheeselicious has sprouted.

What I didn't expect is that both Cheeselicious sprouted (remember, the first seed sank right away which is why I dropped the second) and both had sprouted with their husks still on. :thedoubletake:

So, I performed a helmet-ectomy on each of them and both surgeries were successful. I might need to change my screen name to "Dr. Krip"! :rofl:

I put them back in the tent (recovery room) to let their cotyledons open up and will get some pics later today.

So far, no signs of either of the autos sprouting.

Happy Harvests!

K
Yeah, those membranes can get thick sometimes.
Cheers bud, glad they all popped.

Yeah, those membranes can get thick sometimes.
Cheers bud, glad they all popped.
Yeah, it's pretty common, especially if the seeds are planted close to the surface, IMHO. I think their journey through more soil helps them shed the husks and, because of this, I try to plant the seeds a little deeper. But, it still happens from time-to-time that the husks just don't crack open and they need a little TLC.

Yeah, it's pretty common, especially if the seeds are planted close to the surface, IMHO. I think their journey through more soil helps them shed the husks and, because of this, I try to plant the seeds a little deeper. But, it still happens from time-to-time that the husks just don't crack open and they need a little TLC.
Makes since, just recently had one and had to get the tooth picker out to peal it back.
I was thinking maybe temps, cheers bud sorry for the ramble

Makes since, just recently had one and had to get the tooth picker out to peal it back.
I was thinking maybe temps, cheers bud sorry for the ramble
No worries, Brother...It wasn't a ramble, at all, and all rambles are welcome here, anyways! ;)

WHITE WIDOW & CHEESELICIOUS

So far, none of the autos have sprouted but here's pic's of the three photos starting with a not-so-great (little out of focus :sorry: ) pic of the White Widow:

And, here are the two Cheeselicious:

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom