Tamir's 1st grow - dwc special kush and special queen 2014

How was your vacation neighbor? Plants look fine from what I can see. You never gave us s close-up of that tree you think is a Weeping Willow.

Vacay was decent. A little too hectic for me but it is what it is. Plants are probably healthy but fan leaves look much thinner and not as "full of life" as before the deficiency. Might just be my paranoia. Plants are smelling great tho. Frost set in while I was away. Even if I brush up against a leaf my whole arm picks up the smell.

I clear forgot about that tree. I'll get it done when I get back to the house.

Ok... Here's an update... Today is day 66 from seed 26 on 12/12. The ladies had a res flush on Tuesday and were fed as follows GH flora grow 5ml, GH Flora Micro 5ml, GH Flora Bloom 7.5ml, 5ml calmag, AN Big Bud 4ml, AN Bud Candy 4ml all in 1 1/2 gallons of water. PPMs are SK 889 and SQ 872. pH are SK 6.2 and SQ 6.4.

When I came home today I inspected the ladies and noticed that one whole side of each plant isn't getting enough light. So I made the VERY TOUGH decision to trim off almost all fan leaves and LST(yes again) them both. After what felt like an eternity I finally hung up the scissors. Hope they pull thru. Hell I even completely snipped off a branch by accident(luckily it was a lower branch).

Well here go the pics....

First up SK
Before
image10696.jpg

After
image10698.jpg

image10697.jpg

SQ
Before
image10699.jpg

After
image10701.jpg

My attempt at a repair
image10703.jpg

And here are crime scene photos of the possible homicide.
image10702.jpg

We'll see how they react when the lights come back on tomorrow morn. Oh and sorry for the low quality pics

Here are the ladies back in their home. After looking at this shot I think I will only flower 1 plant at a time to get maximum light penetration. The 3 ladies up front(Special Kush, Kali Dog, OG Kush bag seed) will just have to suffer until the main 2 finish up.

image10716.jpg
image10717.jpg

Just hope the last trimming session hasn't slowed them down too much.

Oh and the OG Kush bag seed is showing HER sex! Yes she's a female!!!

image10718.jpg

Hmmmm just had a thought.. As u guys know I'm pulling cool air Into my tent from outside. The other day I noticed what looked like a white piece of lint on one of my colas. Paid it no mind and just removed it and went about my day. As the day went on I realized what is was. POLLEN!! My question is, will that have any effect on my ladies? If it's a possibility I guess I can remove the duct out the window and figure out another way to get cool air in.

I believe it has to be cannabis pollen but wait for an experts answer before you run with mines Tamir.

In order to pollinate your female cannabis plant it would have to be either a male cannabis plant's pollen or male hemp pollen coming in your fresh air intake.

Thanks KingJohnC.. That's what I figured but wanted to make sure.

Looks great tamir! In my experience cannabis polen is yellowish and very fine. Not nearly big enough to pick off by hand or even see. Your ladies look fantastic!

Thanks Dank.... Yea I kinda figured it wouldn't have an impact but u know I had to ask you Pros. Thanks for the info and compliments on te ladies. Hope I can get thru these next 4/5 weeks with no issues.

Speaking of issues..... I have recently seen a spike in my humidity while the lights are off (highest being 74%) it may have been like this for a while but I very rarely open the tent while the lights are off so I may not have noticed. Is this something I should e concerned with? With lights on the humidity is between 37-58%

You want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering.

Thanks KJC.. Like I said this only is evident when the lights are off. Do you think I should put in a dehumidifier on a timer during the dark period?

What King said is spot on (obviously) that high could cause mold issues in buds but good air circulation will help. Seems awfully high though, sure you meter isn't sitting in a moist pocket of air?

Thanks dank... Yea mold is my concern at this point. And it's stating to get difficult to get the meter in an optimal location dude to their size. Thanks guys

Ok next update will be on Sunday feeding, but I had to go in the tent this morn to check humidity levels and figured I'd get a few close-ups of my favorite colas/buds... Hope you guys have a great day

image10865.jpg
image10866.jpg
image10867.jpg
image10868.jpg
image10869.jpg
image10870.jpg
image10871.jpg
image10872.jpg
image10873.jpg
image10874.jpg

Looking good neighbor...

Thanks KJC.. Like I said this only is evident when the lights are off. Do you think I should put in a dehumidifier on a timer during the dark period?

Do you have an exhaust fan that also runs when the lights are off? If your exhaust fan is not running when the lights are off that would explain the high humidity. If you are finding it is more difficult to maintain the humidity levels then temperature levels a Day/Night Humidity Controller would also run your fan and eliminate excessive humidity during your dark period.

https://www.perfectgardens.com day-night-humidity-controller

If your fan is also running during your darkness period then I would agree with using a de humidifier.

Do you have an exhaust fan that also runs when the lights are off? If your exhaust fan is not running when the lights are off that would explain the high humidity. If you are finding it is more difficult to maintain the humidity levels then temperature levels a Day/Night Humidity Controller would also run your fan and eliminate excessive humidity during your dark period.

https://www.perfectgardens.com day-night-humidity-controller

If your fan is also running during your darkness period then I would agree with using a de humidifier.

I recently turned my exhaust to run 24/7 and that's when I noticed the elevated humidity. So I just set it to only run during the the light period. So currently I have my 16" fan blowing and that's all during the dark period. Should I possibly turn off the fan? If not then i'll be shopping for a dehumidifier. Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom