Tamir's 1st grow - dwc special kush and special queen 2014

Hey you guys... Hope you are all having a great weekend..

Day 7 of 12/12. Bud sites forming nicely. Res change today. the SK ppm=857 ph= 6.1 and The SQ ppm= 812, ph=5.9

The ladies aren't drinking very much yet. About 1 1/2 gal every 3days.

Have to commission my friend to come over water then while I'm away for the Memorial Day weekend. Hope she doesn't do anything stupid. Just pour the water in the buckets... Lol

Now for pics. The grow is so tight together there will be no more separate photos lol

image10114.jpg
image10116.jpg
image10115.jpg
image10113.jpg

Question for the group. If I recall, I should harvest when trichomes are about 1/3 amber. When should I begin the 2 week flush? The trichs will be way more than 1/3 after the 2 weeks. Should I start flush at 50/50 clear/cloudy? Any help is appreciated. I know I'm getting ahead if myself but it's so,etching that crossed my mind while looking into flushing agents (final phase, florakleen, etc)

Hey Tamir...

Hydro flushes only need a couple days. A rez change with some type of flush agent should be sufficient. The reason behind flushing is to get the chemicals out of the dirt and allow the plant to use the reserve nutrients so there is no chemicals left in the flowers. Since there is no dirt in hydro the common practice in my circle is a 2 day flush. Two weeks for soil. 1 week for organics in soil. You'll here a million opinions on flushing. I'm just stating what is the most common practice in my circle.

Them girls look great!

JJ

Hey Tamir...

Hydro flushes only need a couple days. A rez change with some type of flush agent should be sufficient. The reason behind flushing is to get the chemicals out of the dirt and allow the plant to use the reserve nutrients so there is no chemicals left in the flowers. Since there is no dirt in hydro the common practice in my circle is a 2 day flush. Two weeks for soil. 1 week for organics in soil. You'll here a million opinions on flushing. I'm just stating what is the most common practice in my circle.

Them girls look great!

JJ

Thanks Doc... So I'm basically good with a ph water/flush agent for my last watering. Gotcha. Just trying to be prepared when the time comes.

Subscribed.

Nutes used: General Hydroponics GMB base Nutes. Will be switching to Advance Nutrients GMB when these run out(only about 2oz left of GH)

Why are you switching from General Hydroponics to Advanced Nutrients for your base nutrients?

You say you are using a duct booster fan, do you know the CFM rating for it? If you are using a duct booster fan they are not powerful enough to use to cool a cooltube with a 600 watt High Pressure Sodium light bulb. You need a 400 CFM inline fan to properly cool your tent.

Here is a Vortex Inline Fan 6in 452CFM with a 10 year warranty

Vortex Inline Fan 6in 452CFM - Perfect Gardens

When you do a photograph update can you please include a photograph of your temperature and humidity meter in your tent as well?

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

Subscribed.

Why are you switching from General Hydroponics to Advanced Nutrients for your base nutrients?

You say you are using a duct booster fan, do you know the CFM rating for it? If you are using a duct booster fan they are not powerful enough to use to cool a cooltube with a 600 watt High Pressure Sodium light bulb. You need a 400 CFM inline fan to properly cool your tent.

Here is a Vortex Inline Fan 6in 452CFM with a 10 year warranty

Vortex Inline Fan 6in 452CFM - Perfect Gardens

When you do a photograph update can you please include a photograph of your temperature and humidity meter in your tent as well?

Thanks for stopping in. I never made the switch to Advance Nutes. The main reason I was attracted to AN was due to the pH perfect pitch. I had a change of heart since my girls seemed to be enjoying the GH so I didn't want to change anything.

I don't know off hand what the CFM is on this booster fan but it's low. I have been able to combat the heat issues by running both ducts(intake and exhaust) thru a nearby window. Temps now range between 75f-84f with 34%-56% humidity with the lights on.

I will reposition my temp/Hum meter to where it's visible. Had it resting on my makeshift scrog but these ladies have overgrown it.

When I was preparing to set up my tent I was looking at the vortex 6". However I was on a right budget and got something to hold me over. When these ladies get harvested I will be investing in a vortex and carbon filter or I may just try a DIY CF just I say I was able to do it.

I picked up a 40x loupe recently and math was one of the subjects I was decent at. However not sure how I gauge what "5%-15%" of an entire plant is. I may make more sense when the trichomes are visible to me.

Really appreciate you stopping in as ur input is extremely valuable.

image10146.jpg

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients and flush for 7 days. Your temperature and humidity is perfect, you want from 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. The high temperature of summer may be here before your harvest and those that struggle with high temperatures in moderate outdoor temperatures are pushed over the edge into extreme heat.

Here are some trichome photographs from my KingJohnC's and Labexperiment's Brainstorm Haze Grow Journal

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-26_Trichomes_-_001.jpg

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-26_Trichomes_-_002.jpg

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-26_Trichomes_-_004.jpg

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-26_Trichomes_-_003.jpg

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-26_Trichomes_-_006.jpg

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-03-26_Trichomes_-_005.jpg

Here are the same buds dried

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-04-19_Trichomes_Brainstorm_Haze_3_-_001.jpg

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-04-19_Trichomes_Brainstorm_Haze_3_-_003.jpg

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-04-19_Trichomes_Brainstorm_Haze_3_-_004.jpg

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-04-19_Trichomes_Brainstorm_Haze_3_-_007.jpg

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-04-19_Trichomes_Brainstorm_Haze_3_-_006.jpg

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_2014-04-19_Trichomes_Brainstorm_Haze_3_-_011.jpg

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients and flush for 7 days. Your temperature and humidity is perfect, you want from 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. The high temperature of summer may be here before your harvest and those that struggle with high temperatures in moderate outdoor temperatures are pushed over the edge into extreme heat.

Thanks for the photos and advise. However I see the trichomes but not sure what would be considered clear or cloudy. The amber is more noticeable.

And my ducting is right near my central AC vent. When outdoors gets too hot then i'll attach it to the AC

Edit: I can see it now. The bulb portion is all I need to look at. Gotcha

If you have amber already you definitely have cloudy.

If you have amber already you definitely have cloudy.

Lol I don't have anything right now. Just preping for what's to come. I understand the procession from clear to cloudy to amber it's just recognizing them and how to calculate what 1/3 amber is.is that 1/3 of the plant? 1/3 of the cola?

1/3 of the trichs on your main buds.

Just wanted to come say thank you to everyone. This has been an amazing experience that I was only able to experience from the outside looking in. Now that I have my own journal I can definitely say, YOU GUYS ROCK!!

Am I the only one who sees the grow potential in the most random places? Like everything I see now can be a grow space. Lol

Have a great day guys

I have it worse than you Tamir. Every since my Central Park tour I look at all plant life comparing it's growth to cannabis.

Did you ever take the close up pics of the tree branches Tamir?

Good afternoon guys,

Man I've had a bad morning. First time I tried something and won't do it again. Made up a gallon and a half of nutes on Monday and never did a res change. Ppms were at roughly 1100. This go around I added some supplements( big bud and bud candy). The bottles called for 2ml per liter which is about 7.5ml per gallon an about 11ml for my 1 1/2 gallon mix. No was I was puttin that much, so I added 4ml each. I woke up this morn and the ladies drank 90% of the water. So I fed them the mix that I made Monday. This was at 730am. I go to work and something is tellin me to go back home. I get home at about 10:30a and this is what I find

image10244.jpg

I was in a panic.. Tested ph it was 5.6 and 5.3. Checked ppm and it was 2450 and 2190!!!So I cut the makeshift scrog and completely emptied the buckets and rinsed off the root ball. Filled the res with 5.8 ph water. Damn!!! Was going good until now. Hope they boy

Back
Top Bottom