Tamir's 1st grow - dwc special kush and special queen 2014

At least you went back home & caught it. Now let's make that monumental recovery.

Yep, good catch Tamir. My one and only hydro run I did the same thing twice DOH! I also fried the crap out of them by not having a quality ph meter. The good thing is that recovery is quicker. Hopefully they'll bounce right back.

JJ

Yea I'm happy I listened to my gut. Woulda came home after work an would have hit the roof. Thanks for the words of encouragement

Good morning, afternoon, evening depending on your part of the world.

Today is day 55/15 of 12/12. As you know I had some issues with my Nutes last Wednesday. Needless to say the ladies made a great recovery. I did a full res cleaning yesterday and slowly working the back into their feeding schedule both ladies got 5ml GH Flora Micro, 2.5ml GH Grow, 5ml GH Bloom, 3ml Advance Nutrients Big Bud, and 3ml Advance Nutrients Bud Candy and 5ml calmag. That's the total for 1 1/2 gallons of water. SK ppm 487 ph 6.2 SQ ppm 501 ph 6.0.

image10369.jpg
image10370.jpg
image10371.jpg
image10373.jpg

Also added my OG Kush (bag seed), Kali Dog(royal queen seeds)' and SQ ladies to the flower tent. Gotta keep an eye on the OG Kush cause that's the only one that wasn't a fem seed.

Before I threw them into flower I snipped a few clones(5/17 - The ones in the propagation dome). 2 from the OG Kush, 1 from the kali dog(see was the smallest) and 1 from the SQ.

The ones in the make shift hydro bucket are a SQ from seed and a SK clone from the main grow. SK clone was snipped on 5/12 and has already sprouted roots through the root plug. So for now all is well.

image10376.jpg
image10375.jpg

Good night Tamir,
Came by to catch up how things are going in your grow. Good job on the recovery!:thumb:
Flowers are looking good, you got a forest there, lol
Are you considering defoliation?

What's up Tugafox, thanks for stopping by. Yea that overfeed had me nervous. I've considered defoliation but honestly wanna get my first grow under my belt before I do something drastic. We'll see tho.

Just chilling a bit before bedtime :ganjamon:
Yeah, I can imagine - I would freak out too! TG you had an intuition calling.
I understand, I was also a bit unsure about heavy def. but belive me, it did improve my tent´s airflow and light penetration to buds.

:allgood:

Oh I believe that it will help. May go read fully read through a defoliation thread and see what I can do. Thanks for the encouragement

You´re welcome Tamir!
I´m trying out the 21/45 days defoliation technique.
Here´s a good read on that in Hydro: Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it?

I just mentioned defoliation cause I saw in the pictures that you have limited space and your ladies are really bushy. Plus, the airflow problems that might arrise in those circumstances. Been there, done that.
It´s you first run so I really think you should only do what you feel comfortable with and what works best for you. Plus, there´s some debate about what to remove and when, not all agree on the same, so make your own research too.
I love to help and encourage and sometimes entice and play :grinjoint:

:allgood:
:green_heart:

Ended up fimming both of mine with great success. Canopy is very even! Will do again. I also stripped one plant. So far the stripped plant is more leggy with tons of smaller bud sites. The more stocky unstripped version has less but bigger buds. Stripped plant took an extra week to flower. Kind of expected this due to stress recovery. Jusy bumped nutes up to 1200ppm and crystals are all over the place! I swear by tiger bloom!

Hey guys thanks for stopping in. Yea my lairs wen the a struggle last week so I don't want to do to much u til I know their define urs are worked out. I've been removing fan leaves on a regular basis but after 2 days I can't even tell. I'm fining away tomorrow night and will have someone coming just to too off the res. any changes I make will be done when I return so I'm here to catch any issues.

Thanks for the link Tugafox. I'll be sure to read up on it

I think I'm going to jump on board with you on that one Dankness. I had done a heavy defol, removing the worst damaged leafs on my Wild Thailand girl after she started recovering from her phosphorous/cal-mag deficiencies. Now she has a lot of new popcorn buds but the main colas have slowed down considerably.

Awesome Recovery Tam!

I've been gone for a week and am just getting around to catching up on my subscriptions. Super glad your recovery was so swift. I had a house sitter taking care of my place (and plants) while I was gone last week. Only thing I asked them to do was use a water meter and water them when the meter shows they need it. Needless to say, 2 of my 4 mother plants were dead when I got back (I mean dead - no return - DEAD). We had a heatwave while I was gone and our house/plant sitter didn't realize plants needed to be watered more than once a week. I even wrote instructions and explained everything directly. Here were the instructions.

NOTE: Do this every day!
1. Check the plant to see if it needs water.
2. if it needs water, water it.

LOL - Not trying to scare you, just saying, be prepared for anything when you return ;)

JJ

Awe man damn. I'm done for. Canceling this vacation!! Lol nah but I actually leave in the next hr or so. No turning back now. I emptied both res about an hr ago. Gave a basic dose of nutes. This should last them until Saturday. Told her to come Friday night and just refill with the already bottled water. Hope this works out ok. Well i'll be back to the journals next Tuesday. Hope I return with good news

Good morning everyone.... I'm back from my vacation and things seem to be ok. The ladies are forming well and seem to have recovered from their prior deficiency. Leaves do look a little dark for my taste but i'll run that by you guys when u get some full pics.

image10690.jpg
image10688.jpg
image10689.jpg

How was your vacation neighbor? Plants look fine from what I can see. You never gave us the close-ups of that tree you think is a Weeping Willow.

Back
Top Bottom