Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

The image sizes were different so the pictures didn't overlap properly but here's an image overlapping the results from Neiko's Carnival, with the lighter green being the buds and the darker green being the cob. The cobs seem to have less of everything. Well there's that mystery solved, cobs work entirely by magic.

Hahaha! :rofl: I was just thinking the same thing. :rofl:

Amazing, isn't it? I have my own Carnival cob, and I can tell you it's a delightful buzz unlike the flower experience. What a mystery that we could lose half the terpenes and still have this incredible effect.

Something's going on for which the cannabis universe is not adequately equipped to answer..........yet :battingeyelashes:

looks like cobbing converts most of THC to delta 9 THC

And somehow lost 5 %. That was a real surprise, considering the potency of the cob.

lol I thought that first picture was an empty toilet roll holder and empty toilet roll. Now that would be a bad night. Especially the waddle of shame with your pants around the knees to get more paper. But then I scrolled down further and saw the rest of your pics and your night looked pretty good. Much better than a night on the toilet with no toilet paper.
:rofl:True story!

Doesn’t this happen with a normal slow (3 month?) cure?
I don't know what the normal cure does. It surely is a chemical conversion. I have jarred buds over 2 years and the same color change occurs. The smoke becomes more mellow. The cobs all do this in shorter timeframe. It's all rather fascinating. :bongrip:

Wondering if the cob is decarbing so the tested THC is lower than straight cured buds

That would make sent why the cob tests with less THC

Wondering if the cob is decarbing so the tested THC is lower than straight cured buds

That would make sent why the cob tests with less THC

It’s total THC that changed. Whether decarbed or not you only have so much potential in the buds or cob. I wasn’t expecting - none of us was expecting to have lost any. Lol!

It’s total THC that changed. Whether decarbed or not you only have so much potential in the buds or cob. I wasn’t expecting - none of us was expecting to have lost any. Lol!

Could the total THC being lost be because of the wrapping? Buds you just dry and snip off into a jar so there should be fairly minimal handling, but when cobbing there's a fair bit of touching especially when squeezing and rolling them. I'm not sure how the corn husks work but the oven bag and vac bag I used has trichomes stuck to the inside.

Its the quality not the quantity that gets you high ha ha

Amen to that. Lol! Regardless of the loss in THC values the end result is special.

Could the total THC being lost be because of the wrapping? Buds you just dry and snip off into a jar so there should be fairly minimal handling, but when cobbing there's a fair bit of touching especially when squeezing and rolling them. I'm not sure how the corn husks work but the oven bag and vac bag I used has trichomes stuck to the inside.

This sounds like a plausible explanation, but 5% seems like a lot to lose through surface contact.

This sounds like a plausible explanation, but 5% seems like a lot to lose through surface contact.

I didn't think 5% sounded like a lot. The cobs are pretty tightly rolled so the inside will be compact but the outside still has decent surface area to come in contact with the wrapping as you roll it around and smoosh it.

Anyone bored and good with math wanna calculate surface area and volume or something? Not sure if that would be useful but it could give someone something to do while high on cobs.

Not sure if that would be useful but it could give someone something to do while high on cobs.

:rofl: Stopped me in my tracks with that. Lol! On that cheerful note I’m calling it a day. See you all tomorrow. :hug:

Sorry cobbers I had a long day yesterday. So on that Carnival Cob, that one has cured for about 3.5 months. I'm not sure if that has any bearing. If it wasn't so expensive I would test them at different stages. I guess if we want to come up with a some criteria for the next one I could do that. If we could come up with what we think is a good sweat and ferment time and temp along with how long to cure I would follow that as best I can and test it along with the flower. My next sativa is a ways out so it would have to be an indica hybrid.

Sorry cobbers I had a long day yesterday. So on that Carnival Cob, that one has cured for about 3.5 months. I'm not sure if that has any bearing. If it wasn't so expensive I would test them at different stages. I guess if we want to come up with a some criteria for the next one I could do that. If we could come up with what we think is a good sweat and ferment time and temp along with how long to cure I would follow that as best I can and test it along with the flower. My next sativa is a ways out so it would have to be an indica hybrid.

just thinking out-loud, Would it be possible to have BOTH A Cob and a reg cured bud from the same plant tested for comparison ?

"Remove a pieace of the same bud before cobing and Dry/cure as normal ?
Honestly 5% seems within range, I would expect that with different grow issues

EDIT: I would be willing to throw a 10 dollar bill at the cost (paypal)

Back
Top Bottom