Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Sounds right. Here’s this...
1532008541158.jpeg

I’m no expert but I’m currently making my 5th cob and they seemed great so far. Maybe I got the directions wrong or something, the recent posts seem to be different then what I understood, please correct me anywhere if I’m wrong, I’ll be harvesting some next week so I’d like to do it right this time.

My method.

Prep stage:
Harvest your buds and hang dry for 1-2 days. If you were to put them in a jar with a hygrometer they’d be ready when it reads about 75%.

Roll 1 to 1-1/2 ounces into a log and wrap it in a pre-moistened, and washed corn husk.

Ferment Stage:
Vacuum seal the wrapped log in a bag and “ferment” at 104° for 24 hours or so, I use a food dehydrator others use seed starter mats and someone even puts theirs in a heated a hot tub.

After 24 hours, or until you feel they are ready, open the vacuum sealed bags and husk and dry the cob for an hour or two, until it feels dry on the outside but still moist and flexible on the inside.

Sweat stage:
Vacuum seal again and let sit at 80° for one week. The first couple weeks I rewrap it in the corn husk but after that I just put them right in the vacuum bags with no husk.

After a week at 80° open it and let dry to the touch again (an hour or two).

Reseal and leave at 80° for another week then open, dry, and reseal again. Repeat for a total of four weeks or until you feel they are ready.

After four weeks or so of opening, drying, and resealing leave them out to dry for 1-2 days. If you were to put them in a jar with a hygrometer they’ll be ready when it stabilizes at about 62%.

Cure stage:
Put the unwrapped cobs in a jar with an optional 62% Boveda pack and burp the jar semi regularly for about three months just as you would cure regular buds.

Blast off and enjoy.

:passitleft:
Holy crap, this is awesome! Thank you so much for this breakdown... I’ll be copying and pasting this for sure!

I’m no expert but I’m currently making my 5th cob and they seemed great so far. Maybe I got the directions wrong or something, the recent posts seem to be different then what I understood, please correct me anywhere if I’m wrong, I’ll be harvesting some next week so I’d like to do it right this time.

My method.

Prep stage:
Harvest your buds and hang dry for 1-2 days. If you were to put them in a jar with a hygrometer they’d be ready when it reads about 75%.

Roll 1 to 1-1/2 ounces into a log and wrap it in a pre-moistened, and washed corn husk.

Ferment Stage:
Vacuum seal the wrapped log in a bag and “ferment” at 104° for 24 hours or so, I use a food dehydrator others use seed starter mats and someone even puts theirs in a heated a hot tub.

After 24 hours, or until you feel they are ready, open the vacuum sealed bags and husk and dry the cob for an hour or two, until it feels dry on the outside but still moist and flexible on the inside.

Sweat stage:
Vacuum seal again and let sit at 80° for one week. The first couple weeks I rewrap it in the corn husk but after that I just put them right in the vacuum bags with no husk.

Reseal and leave at 80° for another week then open, dry, and reseal again. Repeat for a total of four weeks or until you feel they are ready.

After four weeks or so of opening, drying, and resealing leave them out to dry for 1-2 days. If you were to put them in a jar with a hygrometer they’ll be ready when it stabilizes at about 62%.

Cure stage:
Put the unwrapped cobs in a jar with an optional 62% Boveda pack and burp the jar semi regularly for about three months just as you would cure regular buds.

Blast off and enjoy.

I'm hoping that's right cause that's how I've been doing it. Nice breakdown all in one easy to read post.

Thanks, I'm old school and still have a Flip-Phone No camera :)
I have a hard time replacing something thats still working :)
But then you can have :420:everywhere you go! Lol

But then you can have :420:everywhere you go! Lol

@Gazoo You can also upload your content and chat with us directly from mobile. Email notifications are unreliable frankly but with mobile its stupid easy to check and see if anyone has said or done anything. I have one browser for general use and another browser for 420 only. Have a plant emergency? Don’t have to boot up pc, login and find a forum. Bam we’re all in your pocket.

Sounds right. Here’s this...
1532008541158.jpeg
Magoo.....that's pretty straightforward information there friiend! Much appreciated! Keep passing this great info around!! Happy Friday Cobsters!!! :welldone:

Now........pass me dat thang mannnn :passitleft:

That image was taken from the beginning of this thread and is also right in the beginning of the cobbing Essentials thread in my signature. I know I don’t have any experience with cobbing yet but I thought it may be beneficial to put the important stuff in one place based on how fast this thread was growing and how difficult it was getting to be for a new person(me) to find what I was looking for. It just has a few posts on there right now but was thinking of adding the different ways you guys have come up with to sweat the cobs at 104F. So if y’all don’t care to share specifics about your methods to maintain that temp I’ll comprise a list of options to put over there. Off the top of my head I know some use a dehydrator with temp control and JustMeds cobatron setup (gotta love the name). Any others that would be viable options please let me know.

My method.

Prep stage:
Harvest your buds and hang dry for 1-2 days. If you were to put them in a jar with a hygrometer they’d be ready when it reads about 75% - 82%.

Sweat Stage:

Ferment stage:

Cure stage:

Blast off and enjoy.

I posted this so you could pick up the correction @Mr. Magoo and replace the one you posted.

The only correction I made was to the humidity levels going into the cob. I try to get closer to that 82%. I find I like those cobs best.

@DrDoob ....... mighty impressed by your grasp of the process. I let them tell me when they’re done. Just this morning I took the Devil’s Carnival cob out to dry after two months curing and decided to do the same with the Red Diesel that’s a month out of fermenting. It was the smell that made me choose today.

That cob has me f-l-y-I-n-g at the senior center. Lol! I had a 0.7 gr piece. WooHoo!

My method.

Prep stage:

Sweat Stage:

Ferment stage:

Cure stage:

Blast off and enjoy.

Yeah that's it. I did mine at 85* in stage 2.

Has anyone tried making moon rocks with cobbed material?

Not yet but I am going to put a lot of saved hash in my next grow to give them a helluva boost!

ES

My method.

Prep stage:
Harvest your buds and hang dry for 1-2 days. If you were to put them in a jar with a hygrometer they’d be ready when it reads about 75% - 82%.

Sweat Stage:

Ferment stage:

Cure stage:

Blast off and enjoy.

I posted this so you could pick up the correction @Mr. Magoo and replace the one you posted.

The only correction I made was to the humidity levels going into the cob. I try to get closer to that 82%. I find I like those cobs best.

@DrDoob ....... mighty impressed by your grasp of the process. I let them tell me when they’re done. Just this morning I took the Devil’s Carnival cob out to dry after two months curing and decided to do the same with the Red Diesel that’s a month out of fermenting. It was the smell that made me choose today.

That cob has me f-l-y-I-n-g at the senior center. Lol! I had a 0.7 gr piece. WooHoo!

That looks pretty groovy cool Sue!

That looks pretty groovy cool Sue!

Thanks Shaman. I want to see these future moon rocks. :battingeyelashes:

And thanks to you too @tangwena :hug: I smiled when I realized it was time to let it dry out. You teach much better than you give yourself credit for my friend. Your passion ignited mine, and sometimes I feel like you’re here with me. Lol!

It was a wonderful day. Cobs elevate any day. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom