Tent Grow - Jack Herer - White Widow & Amnesia Haze - Mars II LED

They look really well my friend. I told you that DD was special.

Thanks Mr Am4zin. You called it! I really makes me wonder about the genetics though. I have two more seeds. If I get another out of the ground, I bet it will be totally different.

Lookin splendid Jim. Everytime i see those temp guages i have to laugh! The Acurite is very popular. I have two of them. They are the best priced ones at wallmart.

Thanks Nicholas. Lots of humidity in my house and it's trapped by the additional rain I'm now getting. Some little microchip/sensor in these things that I guess the manufacturer QCs by saying "Close enough".

I am surprised how well things have gone for me, even with the occasional hiccup.

Thanks Mr Am4zin. You called it! I really makes me wonder about the genetics though. I have two more seeds. If I get another out of the ground, I bet it will be totally different.

I've got another above soil and I've gifted one to another member so it will be interesting to see how they do. I have 3 left. :passitleft:

JH and WW - Day 65
Dark Devil Auto - Day 42
12/12 started 10/30/2015

I'm pretty sure there's some type of hormonal balancing going on here. It might just be the effect the LED spectrum with the Bloom switch on that the girls are loving. I'll have them all out today so that I can look at them closely.

Group photo

IMG_187118.JPG

View image in gallery

WW

JH

Got a good laugh at the meters Jim. I pretty much ignore mine. I look at the plants, so the meter is just to alert me to outliers, which I then brush off as outliers. :rofl:

PeeJay probably influenced this attitude the most. He grows those killer plants and never even looks at his meter. He steps into the tent and feels it with his skin and looks the plants over. If the plants are happy, he's happy.

I envy you the tall pheno. I got two squatty ones going and my lanky one ended up a tiny pot.

Got a good laugh at the meters Jim. I pretty much ignore mine. I look at the plants, so the meter is just to alert me to outliers, which I then brush off as outliers. :rofl:

PeeJay probably influenced this attitude the most. He grows those killer plants and never even looks at his meter. He steps into the tent and feels it with his skin and looks the plants over. If the plants are happy, he's happy.

I envy you the tall pheno. I got two squatty ones going and my lanky one ended up a tiny pot.

Yup...I take the picture for historical reference but the readings rarely influences me. I do have a clip fan blowing on the LED now and exhaust runs 24 hrs.

Tall is nice I guess. I want some purple but there's several more weeks to go. She may change overnight.

Yup...I take the picture for historical reference but the readings rarely influences me. I do have a clip fan blowing on the LED now and exhaust runs 24 hrs.

Tall is nice I guess. I want some purple but there's several more weeks to go. She may change overnight.

The tall ones purple up differently. BB gets the most amazing colors in his, but I think it's a combination of his mad organic gardening skills and his incredible lights. Lights make such a difference. My first one didn't purple up until almost the end, but that one didn't look like any of the ones I'm growing now. Have you noticed how different they all are? Yours most closely match BB's, which excited me when I noticed she was morphing.

JH and WW - Day 67
Dark Devil Auto - Day 44
12/12 started 10/30/2015

JH and WW are looking good I guess. I constantly question what I should expect in this stage of life. I'm fairly certain that bottoms of these girls will get a defoliation soon.

DD just doing what autos do....again, I guess. My next grow will either be all photos or all autos. Part of this will depend on how the clones go. I plan to put the clones in mix today although I haven't looked closely at root development. I just know that they haven't died so there must be some roots. I'll provide a better status report on the clones after today.

Group

IMG_190815.JPG

Jack Herer

IMG_190915.JPG

White Widow

IMG_191021.JPG

Dark Devil up front

IMG_191121.JPG

DD Flower

IMG_191223.JPG

JH and WW - Day 70
Dark Devil Auto - Day 47
12/12 started 10/30/2015

I've been trying to think through how I can get JH and WW to bulk up at the bud sites. I'll have them out sometime today to see where I can strategically snip some fan leaves to allow more light influence at lower side colas. Now I'm wishing that I had done more topping after I topped the main cola. Oh well, I do this to learn. Yesterday JH measured 20 inches, WW 18 1/2 inches and DD was 19 1/2 inches.

Group

IMG_196517.JPG

Jack Herer

IMG_196219.JPG

White Widow

IMG_196318.JPG

Dark Devil

IMG_196415.JPG

IMG_196122.JPG

IMG_195920.JPG

JH and WW - Day 72
Dark Devil Auto - Day 49
12/12 started 10/30/2015

Everyone got removed from the tent this morning for some shots to give you an idea of height and width. The photos, JH and WW really don't look nice under the LED. Their lower and internal fans show the damage that I caused one way of the other. In natural light they look a little bit better. JH is 16" wide and 21" tall. WW is 15" wide and 19" tall.

Dark Devil Auto is deep green and really firing on all cylinders. She is 18" wide and 19 1/2" tall.

Jack Herer

IMG_198919.JPG
IMG_199117.JPG
IMG_199220.JPG

White Widow

IMG_198320.JPG
IMG_198421.JPG
IMG_198516.JPG
IMG_198623.JPG
IMG_198719.JPG
IMG_198820.JPG

Dark Devil

IMG_198020.JPG
IMG_198126.JPG
IMG_198220.JPG
IMG_197821.JPG

JH and WW - Day 73
Dark Devil Auto - Day 50
12/12 started 10/30/2015

Yesterday I took the Jack Herer and White Widow out and did some strategic defoliation. I'm just trying some things to get the bud sites to firm up a bit. I may also try LA's back building process and see how that works. Again, I'll have no baseline for comparison but I'm sure to learn something. More nutes yesterday.....:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

Also, I had sent an email to Robert Bergman's seed team about the failures of the Amnesia Haze (2 of 3 didn't pop) and they sent me 3 more seeds. So now I have 4 Amnesia Haze but these are some of the tiniest seeds I have.

I'm still waiting on some seeds from Spain that I want to grow next. Tracking shows them leaving Spain 11/3/15 but nothing after that. If they don't come this week I don't know what to do as I paid for tracking only.

On another front, I mixed 30 gallons of a mixture of Baccto Professional Grower's Mix, Calcitric Limestone, Azomite, Perlite and Fox Farm Ocean Forest. It's in the grow room now cooking for the next crop. I'm thinking much of my problems with this grow caused by lack of cooking the soil. Of course, I'm just tinkering here.

IMG_202919.JPG
IMG_202820.JPG
IMG_202716.JPG
IMG_202620.JPG
IMG_200616.JPG

Looking good Mr. Magic. The meters are hilarious. Which one are you going by? Or are you just picking a happy medium between the two?

Yeah....I just look at them and pick that happy place in the middle. I've found I have little control anyhow so I just don't want them to be way out of bounds.

JH and WW - Day 75
Dark Devil Auto - Day 52
12/12 started 10/30/2015

Good News and Great News

Good: I mentioned yesterday that I would proceed to back build these buds. I wasn't sure I really wanted to do this. When I started growing, the LST was something I jumped at because I could tell that it helped even though I didn't know what I was doing. In my cab grow, I used topping, LST and a screen until those two plants were sexed. I even up canned cab girl Mary while in bloom. Although I was somewhat apprehensive about back building I finally decided to make that first cut.

I snipped the terminal bud on 3 colas on each of the tent girls and marked those colas with a piece of fuzzy stick so I could monitor what happens and have a comparison with the rest of the plant.

Great: I really didn't remove much bud material but it did dry overnight and I got about 5 nice pokes this morning. I'm convinced that what I'm growing in that tent is probably the best I've smoked since the Maui Wowie I had in 1980.

I makes me want to do some more back building. I guess that's how back building got started.

This is all of the plant material removed from 9 bud sites.

IMG_205922.JPG

Group shot this morning

IMG_206018.JPG

Jack Herer
IMG_206116.JPG

White Widow
IMG_206217.JPG

Dark Devil Auto
IMG_206320.JPG

IMG_206417.JPG

JH and WW - Day 65
Dark Devil Auto - Day 42
12/12 started 10/30/2015

wtf?!? (looking for an appropriate smiley ...) :surrender: (not exactly what i was after but it'll do)

I bought one off these "accurite" machines due to it's ubiquity :). Is it, at least, accurate "enough"?

[accurite:accurate :: shite:shinola? did i toss a piece of my tiny grow budget down the crapper?]

Edit: Sorry, guys. I should have read the replies before posting.

Back
Top Bottom