400W Mars II LED Original Amnesia & Critical Kush

Hi Ya Nugs!

I just finished reading all pages. :)

First, I agree with Bob on the original issue you had with the burned/holes in your leaves. The first pics you posted there were water droplets on the leaves. Think of those droplets as little magnifiers, when the light goes through them they cause a burn.
I think you did have other probs with leaves later on, but that was the one I wanted to comment on.

Also, I agree with Bob on supercropping. :thumb:

And...let's hope it never happens again, but if you ever have another broken branch that wilts that bad, and appears it's not going to make it, cut it cleanly off and stick it in some water. Chances are, it will recover and develop roots. Bingo, another clone! I've done it with wilties much worse than that with great success. Doesn't cost a dime to try it, just a little proper ph'd water. :)

You've got some awesome plants there, wonderful foliage and I'm here just in time for the flower show. YEY!

Hey cannafan I just wanted to say i'm happy you stop by and flattered that you read through my whole post. :)

:riskybusiness:

I really wish I had just turned that branch that I obliterated into a clone... c'est la vie.

I spent about 3 hours today untying my plants and then making these hardware cloth "bowls"/anchors.

I'm way stoked with how everything turned out! These new anchors are super solid and hold everything where I want. I was able to do some aggressive sorting and spreading of both plants to occupy my space even more efficiently.

With my lights about 20-23" away from the canopy avg now i'm wondering if I should lift my plants up a couple inches.

My canopy measures now a slightly generous 10 sqft or approx. .9 m^2. Really gunning for some large flowers at this point.

Getting stoked to defol majorly in 4 or 5 days. :riskybusiness:

I have been trying to avoid playing favorites but after rubbing around with my girls for so long I found out who i'm starting to prefer haha!

My original amnesia lady is just getting this incredible crystalline covering all over her stems and after doing some super cropping and moving everything around my hands were just incredibly sticky and smelling like juicyfruit and lemon and sage and i dont even know...

I can't help but have fallen in love LOL.

Pics from todays work.

0223161135_-_Copy.jpg
0223161228_-_Copy.jpg
0223161252_-_Copy.jpg

Love is a beautiful thing Nugwrasslin! And I absolutely love your anchors. How ingeneous yet simple and easy to make/work with. Congrats to you!

I'm on day 20 since the flip to 12/12.

I'm thinking about doing a small update today but I'm sick and a bit worn out from the chaos of the past two days.

I got the flu then we had some nasty weather and lost power for two days. Thankfully I got the generator running so my girls haven't been without lights.

I'm starting to get worried that my buds aren't growing as rapidly as I would like, so I want to tackle the issue now before it is too late in my grow.

I am currently running

1x Mars II 400W Led
2x T5 fixtures with 2 40W bulbs fitted to each.
1x snapon brand LED 25 watt
1x husky brand LED unknown wattage

The snapon LED is approximately 25 inches high above the canopy, the Mars II is 14 inches from the highest top on the original amnesia and 25 or so inches from the lowest inner growth on each plant.
The T5 fixtures are hanging slightly higher than the LED.
The husky LED is standing next to the Original amnesia.

I'm starting to think the T5s as well as the Snap-on and Husky LED should be even closer.

I'm considering ordering a 600W HPS setup but I have already invested a good amount of funds and would prefer to wait longer until I can afford more high even higher powered LED equipment.

I agree that the T5/T12..should be closer. They can be very close to plants without stressing them. :)

Do you have two switches on your T12, one for veg and one for full power?

On the HPS you are considering, do you think that you would be better to invest in a small LED such as something in the Mars Hydro line?
I'm not sure what the cost on HPS are now, it's been a couple of years since I've purchased them. They generate some heat, so you will have to consider fans going across the area between the HPS and the plants. The ones I have are heavy, take up too much space and are awkward to move around.

Just a thought for considering. Do you have a picture or model of the HPS you are thinking about?

Edit: never mind on the switches question, I see that they are holding two bulbs per unit. :)

I hadn't settled on any particular model, I had been looking at some cooltube setups that I could connect to my in line fan.

I probably won't need to add anymore lights though considering how crowded my hanging space is already. I just added another 50W no name led flood light.

My plants are both starting to look very light green on their new growth so I'm wondering if maybe the girls are just HUNGRY. That might explain their slightly slow seeming nug growth....

Anyway just ranting more I apologize. Thanks for stopping by Canna :D

Hey dudes thanx for the positive vibes :riskybusiness:

I was supposed to do day 21 flower defoliation but I've been pretty incapacitated from the flu so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

I have some questions for anyone with insight, I feel confident about trimming fan leaves on the big stems going top down but I don't have a solid plan for the small stems yet. Do I just completely remove the smaller growth or at this point should I treat everything that has reached canopy height as equal?

Back
Top Bottom