400W Mars II LED Original Amnesia & Critical Kush

If you check my latest pics of my girls, you'll see I took out everything that wasn't going to be a decent sized bud. That includes the leaves and the little budsites at the nodes. I've got to admit it has had results in less then a week. Take a look at some of the better explanatory threads for better pics and directions. I basically just followed the pics. No regrets so far. Harvest is coming up in a the next weeks. Hope that's helps some.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

If you check my latest pics of my girls, you'll see I took out everything that wasn't going to be a decent sized bud. That includes the leaves and the little budsites at the nodes. I've got to admit it has had results in less then a week. Take a look at some of the better explanatory threads for better pics and directions. I basically just followed the pics. No regrets so far. Harvest is coming up in a the next weeks. Hope that's helps some.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Just checked out your journal snid looking fantastic.

Do you know of any other threads on defoliation?

I'm joining in the shenanigans even if it's only page 6.

Good luck with that behemoth bro! 600W HPS it is, or pink lights... Roll the dice, it's a win either way.

Vlad:bongrip:

If your going buy a hps go all out for 1000watt cool tube it might be little hotter but it will repay you on the yields .Cool tubes run cooler then wing reflecters if you have to get another fan that way you pull cool air in to your room while the hot air get sucked out by your cool tube exhaust .This will help maintain the temperature alot .I went 2yrs suffering before I got the extra exhaust fan it made alot difference after I made the move.If you don't want go 1000 watt hps I'd get 600 watt at least I owned one for my first hps light they give good results to you use it with 400 watt led and probably do great.Your plants look great man keep up good work

My dream setup would be a 1000W HPS in a totally enclosed vertical setup with air conditioning and CO2

No cool tube for me, they suck up around 20% of your lumens, at least to what I've experienced.

Vlad:bongrip:

Most likely I won't be adding any more major fixtures this time around, maybe a few more small bulbs like CFLs but beyond that I'm having trouble rationalizing dumping too much more money in the OP.

It is nice to dream though haha!

So after essentially being completely incapacitated and bedridden for the last 4 days it's nice to open up my closet and finally get to jump back into some botany again.

Plants are looking phenomenal :Namaste::thumb:

Im going to defol today and get rid of any really tiny growth that won't be productive as well. Full photo update later today.

Getting so stoked. I couldn't believe how much flower appeared since I last inspected only yesterday...

I keep letting them get bone dry by accident though. It seems that 2-3 days between watering might be too infrequent for their size and stage of growth.

Might have to set up a SWICK for these ladies.

Thanks for the link LightAddict!

I started pinching leaves because I took out my magnifying lens and saw this :

t41c.JPG
t41d.JPG

Some amber, lots of cloudy trichs.
Yet plant is still very green, lots of green fans. She would likely never finish "eating" herself in time for harvest, leading to black ash and all that other Noob harvest stuff.

I didn't pull bud leaves... And I did a few each day to avoid stressing out the plant beyond reason.

So I judiciously pulled some fans. Just anecdotal evidence to back up my reasoning...
Don't expect any government approved information about defoliation to pop anytime soon :laughtwo:

Vlad

High Grillin,
The info is offsite so as they say, google is your friend. I can sum it up though.

There was a debate that harvesting green plants will produce a harsher smoke vs. letting your plants eat up their nitrogen reserves in the leaf before harvest makes a smoother smoke.

Funny stuff to try out right?

There are supporters of both sides so of course the debate will not finish anytime soon.

I would like my plant to turn autumn colors in these next 2 weeks... that would be Explodey's "happy ending" and I might win my grow card... We shall see :tokin:

Vlad

Anyone who is following along, I want some input on my Original Amnesia strain. It is flowering slower than the critical Kush, which I was already aware of, longer flowering time (60 days according to DinaFem) but I'm also worrying I may be inducing slower growth somehow.

The critical Kush seems very happy with 2 ml base nutes and 1ml/L supplements at every single watering.

But on the other hand the OA which is mainly sativa, I have regularly fed less nutrient through the whole grow between the two plants. At one point a week or so ago I decided the OA was looking a bit luminescent, a bit too light green on the new growth for my liking.

So I upped her food to the same strength as my critical Kush plant, and while she has darkened up, I feel like some of her leaves are generally curling downward and not looking as happy.

If I am not getting tip burn, is she really still okay?

I want to get strong yields off of both plants, not just the critical kush which is already looking super fatty at only day 31 of flower.

Back
Top Bottom