400W Mars II LED Original Amnesia & Critical Kush

Came in a little on the late side but better late than never I guess! Congrats on the great looking Ladies you should be very proud of them both! Will be checking in from now on and am looking forward to seeing you thru to fruition...

Hey friends! I've been absent from 420 and absent from obsessively using my camera for the last month but I promise you I haven't been absent from tending to my ladies :)

It's day 57 since flip and instead of following the nutrient recommendations to only feed for 6 weeks during flower I decided to try following the suggestions on here and lengthen their flower nutrient schedule in order to accommodate a slightly more realistic, longer flower phase.

I ordered a tiny 60x microscope and jimmied up a clip to fix it onto my smartphone camera.

I'm not super confident with its use yet and I find it very fumbly to line it up with the camera focus but I managed to get some trich photos (albeit poor) for further decision making with regards to when to flush them.

I have decided I will start flushing my critical Kash and probably chop within 1-3 weeks depending on her appearance.

I'm definitely going for a heavy couch stone with this plant so I could let it grow forever. (but I want to smoke!)

I will post the trich photos next post as well as the most recent plant shots. I am planning on growing the original amnesia for another 10-15 days before her flush even starts.

The critical kush received a pretty heavy defoliation a few days ago (8-10) and was drooping from the weight of nugs so I rigged a bunch of her branches up with plant wire.

Anyway just rambling!

PHOTO DROP COMMENCING

0403161420_HDR.jpg
0403161420.jpg
0403161419b.jpg
0403161419a.jpg
0403161419.jpg
0403161408a_HDR.jpg
0403161408_HDR.jpg
0403161405_HDR.jpg

Hey Dr. Bob good to see you! :)

When you say clear as can be do you mean the image itself? You're not referring to the trichomes correct?

I've been having a hard time identifying the stage of the glands. They look pretty cloudy to me on my Critical Kush. It doesn't matter much because I started flushing 4 days ago with her anyway so she gets the chop in about 10 days regardless.

It's so interesting having had the opportunity to grow these plants. Watching the original amnesia differentiating so much from the critical kush has been a pretty interesting experience. The plants have developed such individualized characteristics.

Im so stoked to say that these ladies are continuing to fatten and I can't wait to chop and see how I did!

Thanks for the likes and the views everybody!

The pictures definitely do NOT do them justice but at this point it don't matta. The scale will tell all soon enough. As long as I break even on street pricing I will be more than happy!

They are looking lovely regardless of the quality of the pics! Keep up the good work!

Hey Team!

I'm looking for some input as to whether it's TIME TO CHOP or not.

These babies have been flowering for 66 days now. But as far as this post is concerned i'm only looking to potentially cut my Critical Kush plant down today.

My girl is 80%+ red pistils and she pretty much seems to be done growing. With 4/20 rolling up fast and my smoke stash all empty i'm not only thinking that I need some bud but also that she might just be ready to come down anyway!

For comparison, my primarily sativa Original Amnesia plant is still blasting out fresh white pistils daily.

I started flushing the critical kush plant approx. 7 days ago. I also pulled two tiny lower branches off and microwave steam dried the nugs for a sample and let's just say OH MY GOODNESS was that some of the strongest bud I have smoked in awhile. Taste was sweet but quite a bit of harshness which is to be expected with a quick-dry method.

So that brings me to the question, CHOP TODAY and reap the benefits of this 5 month grow soon or continue flushing for another 7 days and CHOP THEN?

I'll throw some pictures up a little later after I get some new trichome shots.

Hi nugwrasslin

I love it when I just show up right at dinnertime! Good grow and journal, props and Reps. You are a patient first time grower, good job not drowning and feeding them to death! Most folks start out thinking more is always better.

Best of Buds

JB

:Namaste:

Hey Team!
I'm looking for some input as to whether it's TIME TO CHOP or not.
So that brings me to the question, CHOP TODAY and reap the benefits of this 5 month grow soon or continue flushing for another 7 days and CHOP THEN?

I'll wait till pictures, trichomes say it all. But if you harvest today then you can have some dried but not cured smoke for 4/20 next week. Looking great anyway, she's gonna do you good very soon..

KiG :green_heart:cheers

There is a third option, a staged harvest. Chop some today and reap a sample (size to be determined) of the benefits of your 5 month grow soon and continue flushing the remaining plant for another 7 days.

Could be a few top buds, or all the top buds and let the lower buds get 7 days of direct light. Or it could just be a bowl of popcorn.

Nice job with your grow, I only made it a few pages in before I jumped to the end, sorry I am a really slow reader. I had to feel for you there at the beginning, doing your updates with no responses. I commend you for being patient and sticking it out, oh and I do not recall the post whether it was on page 1 or page 2 but you were wondering why your watts draw at the wall was so low when your LED is a Mars 400 and it says 400 watts. Well that is what they call, stretching the true slightly. Most LED manufactures list there lights as what size of HID they would replace. See an HID throws a full spectrum but the plant does not use the full spectrum only parts and the LED lights only produce spectrums that the plant uses so they do not have to use power to create light that the plant will not be using. I do know of one LED manufacture who lists their LEDs as true watts, that is Lumigrow. When they say it consumes 325 watts, it does, I tested mine the day I got mine but my Mars 900 actual draw is only 440 watts. It is all about advertising. Trust me a MarsII 900 sounds much more impressive then a MarII 440 :rofl:

Sorry about the ramble, great grow, hope to see how she chops for you and what you get for a final weight. They looked great :thumb:

I suppose I shouldn't have been so harsh on myself, I ended up with 5.25 ounces dry (over 1000 grams wet) from my beautiful Critical Kush plant.

She was chopped last monday, trimmed and hung to dry and bagged on 4/20 (might have been a bit early but they had 2 dry sessions out of their bags since then).

They have been stored in Food Vac style vacuum heat sealed bags, I don't vac them fully there is plenty of air in there with them.

I have burped them 1-2 times a day for between 15-30 minutes, as well as 1 long session (4-6 hrs) out on newspaper as well two days ago.

From the bag the nugs still have quite the odor of tea but whenever I leave the room and come back while they are burping the entire area is incredibly skunky/dank smelling.

The smoke is so incredibly smooth and ground up the bud is nose and chest filling with a very skunky/almost minty smell.

I don't think i've ever had the opportunity to smoke bud of this quality before. It's been an extremely rewarding experience thus far and I have only been able to dry and almost finish curing one plant.

My original amnesia plant which was started on the same day is just about ready to be chopped, I believe I started flushing the O.A. 1 or so weeks after I started flushing the critical kush plant.

This morning I gave the Original Amnesia one final defoliation so we can get a good look at those long ass nugs. :riskybusiness:

Pictures below, thanks for reading.

0408161035.jpg
0408161035a.jpg
0408161036.jpg
0408161036a.jpg
0412161536.jpg
0418161019.jpg
0418161026.jpg
0418161026a.jpg
0418161031.jpg
0418161106.jpg
0418161215.jpg
0418161215a.jpg
0418161215b.jpg
0418161215c.jpg
0418161317.jpg
0418161320.jpg
0418161325.jpg

153g dry tared. 197g~ with the aluminum tray not zeroed.

0420162110.jpg

This is my original amnesia, I still have yet to cut her down. Soon. :riskybusiness:

0426161152.jpg
0426161238.jpg

Oh yeah and for anyone wondering what's up with the Home Depot box that's still just my critical kush clone humming along wonderfully. :) I up-potted her to a 5 gal smart pot and will probably have her under the bigger lights soon enough once the O.A. comes down. My mind is already humming with plans for another seed order although I have a couple freebies I could use. Thinking about buying some more tents and lights. Anyway I ramble. Thanks for riding along!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey 420mag, i've been away for a bit things got a bit hectic for me for the past month at work but these beautiful ladies really turned out great for me.

I was blessed with so much knowledge from all the incredible people on this fine website and my harvest turned out great and I am thankful for the best bud I have probably ever smoked in my life.

After a four week+ cure of opening for at least 15-30 minutes per day both strains have completely lost any "hay" or "grassy" smell and have each developed their own unique aroma.

My Original Amnesia was the second of my two plants to finish and she ultimately yielded just a bit more than my Critical Kush when I weighed her in after drying. She blessed me with 5.5 OZ putting my total yield at 10.75 OZ from 5 months of growing.

I describe the Original Amnesia as having vanilla, citrus, lemongrass, and cedar notes when just opening the jar.

When I smoke the OA the smoke is light and floral and tastes a bit fruity and stinky on the exhale. It has a slight headband feel and active high with no real heavy stone in the eyes (indica buds usually make my eyes very sleepy).

Here are some pics of the OA nugs followed by a few pics of her during chop.

0531161312_HDR.jpg
0531161312.jpg
0531161308a.jpg
0531161308.jpg
0512161506b.jpg
0512161506a.jpg
0509161700.jpg
0509161642a.jpg
0509161642.jpg

The great thing about growing buds is that you can select your seeds and choose from so many genetic backgrounds which result in an enormous number of possibilities in terms of smells, tastes, and terpene combinations.

Before I had access to good flowers on my own terms, I really had only the most basic, limited, perspective of how big the spectrum of flavors is.

My Critical Kush plant which I said yielded 10.25 OZ earlier in the thread is a perfect example of the huge variety available and is a great contrast to my Original Amnesia.

The odor of this bud is so different from anything that I have ever experienced before that for the longest time I was sure I had mold or bud rot and that the smell just wasn't right.

After asking plenty of colleagues and friends that they are perfectly fine and the odor is just one of many examples of strange bud odors.

The CK smells of green tea, skunk, hops, sour, piney when the mason jar is opened. When a nug is cracked is smells stinky and cheesy along with strong pine scent.

When smoking this flower has a super heavy stone that I almost couldn't handle when I first tried it (nearly put me to sleep!). I'll update later with a taste report as I only just smoked some OA, no need to double up right now lol:) :riskybusiness:.

Here are some pics of the CK nugs.

0531161321.jpg
0531161320a.jpg
0531161320.jpg
0531161308b.jpg

Some pics of my haul! All cured for 1 month with frequent (daily) burpings and shaking. Stabilized at 62% humidity with those fancy boveda humidipaks.

0531161307.jpg
0531161305.jpg

For those of you who have been following since the beginning, so stoked to have you guys along for the whole ride!

Everybody else, I love you too!

Gonna take off of 420 for a little bit while I slowly veg a clone of my CK I cut a few months ago. I will keep training and vegging her for a sick high watt scrog once I get my tent and new ventilation setup going. I can't lie the odor from flowering and drying was a little disruptive even with a nice carbon filter.

I also have some freebies I got from Herbies I will probably drop into cups soon in addition to some new orders im going to make with HSO, dinafem, dutch passion (going to try autos), as well as potentially an order from sensi, la plata labs, rare dankness, or dna genetics (taking suggestions for sure!).

Here is a pic of my clone.

0531161301.jpg

Again, everybody! THANK YOU for reading along. :riskybusiness:

See you all in a month or two with a new journal.

Back
Top Bottom