Tent Grow - Jack Herer - White Widow & Amnesia Haze - Mars II LED

JH and WW - Day 56

I have decided that today is FLIP DAY for the two photos. They get straight water today and the timer will be reset. Some of the leaves reflect the damage of whatever deficiency they have but newer leaves look ok.

JH

IMG_170716.JPG

WW

IMG_170814.JPG

Dark Devil Auto - She'll be along for the ride. I really wish I could keep her on the 18/6 light schedule.

IMG_170918.JPG
IMG_170617.JPG

JH and WW - Day 56
12/12 started 10/30/2015

I sure planned to get away from a daily update, but my OCD is amazing at times.

The girls looked so good this morning at lights on. DD was stunning as drops of moisture exuded from the leaves. There's a digital programmable timer in here and when I switched the cycles yesterday I have to monitor it closely to make sure everything works properly.

JH

IMG_173123.JPG
IMG_173524.JPG

WW

IMG_173225.JPG
IMG_173625.JPG

DD Shakey hand on these photos

IMG_173318.JPG
IMG_173720.JPG
IMG_173825.JPG
IMG_172922.JPG

I sure love growing these babies.

You got the leggy pheno Jim. I envy you. My only leggy one is in a tiny pot under 11/13 lighting, so she never had a chance at getting big.

Autos will grow and produce regardless Jim, so she may surprise you. You can always supplement her lighting. That way it makes up for the loss of schedule. You just overwhelm her with lumens. It would make an appreciable difference in how she performs and you could do it with a power strip and 3 CFLs, two 2700K and one 5000K. Then you just shift it around the plant every day.

You got the leggy pheno Jim. I envy you. My only leggy one is in a tiny pot under 11/13 lighting, so she never had a chance at getting big.

Autos will grow and produce regardless Jim, so she may surprise you. You can always supplement her lighting. That way it makes up for the loss of schedule. You just overwhelm her with lumens. It would make an appreciable difference in how she performs and you could do it with a power strip and 3 CFLs, two 2700K and one 5000K. Then you just shift it around the plant every day.

It didn't start leggy. I've not seen another autoflower grow with seed germination in the final pot as big as mine. She's never had a transplant and although I've fed her well, I really haven't pushed the nutes. Early on she did get that humic acid and I had to water in concentric circles since she was so small at first.

I knew she was a coiled spring but not certain how tall she'll get. She has been closer to the light by the height of one milk crate for about 2 weeks.

I'm going to run it with just the LED. I'm just trying to find my baseline on this grow. I keep going back to that thread by TheCelt and I can see that LOS is probably the way I'll trend. Who knows?

JH and WW - Day 58
12/12 started 10/30/2015

Although the photoperiod plants exhibit some leaf damage from either lamp or nutes, they are healthy and headed into bloom. This is a pretty exciting time for me as a first time grower. Last week I went ahead and ordered 5 analog hygrometers for the curing jars. They're coming from China which is also exciting if one thinks about it.

Jack Herer

IMG_175015.JPG

White Widow

IMG_175115.JPG

Dark Devil Auto

She grew six inches in the past week, from 3 to 9 inches. That's also exciting.

IMG_175220.JPG

I took the plastic bags off of the cuts even though I can't see any roots yet. Still alive and that's exciting.

IMG_175515.JPG

JH and WW - Day 59
12/12 started 10/30/2015

The girls are just perking along. I'm going to let them all dry again today and I'll water tomorrow. I bought my unsulfured Molasses yesterday. Calcium, magnesium and iron all at 2% and provides Potassium and obviously some sweetness. Lots of people use this stuff for some reason and I'm about to find out if I see any noticeable difference in bud development.

I have some AN Overdrive labeled for use during last 2 weeks of bloom.

JH

WW

Dark Devil

Cuts....still no roots but they're expected soon

Flip looks good!
As far as the clones. I think you should pot them. At this point it looks like they are in need of food (chlorosis of the leaves) so what I wonder is, "Since they are in the little rock wool thing where light is around it, wont that kill/deter roots from coming out of it?"
Have you used any type of foliar on them? If not a Cal-mag foliar might help.
I would pop them in a pot and see if they bounce back though. Just my opinion though.
The last batch of JH I tried to take were all being sticklers about rooting!

Flip looks good!
As far as the clones. I think you should pot them. At this point it looks like they are in need of food (chlorosis of the leaves) so what I wonder is, "Since they are in the little rock wool thing where light is around it, wont that kill/deter roots from coming out of it?"
Have you used any type of foliar on them? If not a Cal-mag foliar might help.
I would pop them in a pot and see if they bounce back though. Just my opinion though.
The last batch of JH I tried to take were all being sticklers about rooting!

I'm going to look at the rockwool cubes today. I need to buy gloves as my supply has run out. All above will be considered. :thanks:

JH and WW - Day 61
Dark Devil Auto - Day 38
12/12 started 10/30/2015

The Tent girls got 1/2 strength Bloom nutes with Cal-mag and molasses. 1 gal fluids equally distributed between them. DD came off her perch and joined the photos on the floor of the tent. LED was adjusted to 17 inches above the tallest, JH. My bamboo stakes are at the ready and we'll see if they're needed. I see all of Graytail's plants benefit from a support structure and I've always done this with outdoor tomatoes.

Group photo

IMG_180119.JPG

Jack Herer

IMG_180418.JPG

White Widow

IMG_180518.JPG

Dark Devil Auto

IMG_180622.JPG

IMG_180729.JPG

I added another meter now I don't know what to believe but the exhaust fan now runs constantly.

IMG_180317.JPG

Hi, Jim! Your garden looks wonderful (love the JH and WW strains) and your Dark Devil is simply stunning! I also really like the photo of the two ACURITE meters with different data :) I got a new hygrometer after my old one never showed the RH, and notice that the new one and the old one record totally different results. My response: I threw away the old one and now pretend the new one is accurate :) We have very interesting minds, we humans ...

Hahaha! Glimmer, priceless!! Just exactly what I would have done.

Jim, that Dark Devil is making everyone else's look like slackers! What did you feed that girl. :laughtwo: It's like another plant came in and switched out. Just kidding. :battingeyelashes: Your tent looks great Jim. Getting that warm sense of pride when you open that flap every day? Yeah, they do that to you. It only gets better. You jar up that first harvest and never look back.

Good work here Jim. :high-five:

Hahaha! Glimmer, priceless!! Just exactly what I would have done.

Jim, that Dark Devil is making everyone else's look like slackers! What did you feed that girl. :laughtwo: It's like another plant came in and switched out. Just kidding. :battingeyelashes: Your tent looks great Jim. Getting that warm sense of pride when you open that flap every day? Yeah, they do that to you. It only gets better. You jar up that first harvest and never look back.

Good work here Jim. :high-five:

I'll probably waste a bunch on money in meters before I buy some good ones if there are such things.

Sue, I guess I could look through receipts to see exactly when I bought that bottle of Earth Juice Humic Acid....and it's in this thread somewhere, but DD was the first one to get a dose. I can't say that was the key to its growth as it just looked like a coiled spring for a few weeks there. It's either Humic Acid, great nutrient timing or I'm just freakin good.

I'll probably waste a bunch on money in meters before I buy some good ones if there are such things.

Sue, I guess I could look through receipts to see exactly when I bought that bottle of Earth Juice Humic Acid....and it's in this thread somewhere, but DD was the first one to get a dose. I can't say that was the key to its growth as it just looked like a coiled spring for a few weeks there. It's either Humic Acid, great nutrient timing or I'm just freakin good.

Well, my magical friend, I have no problem at all believing you're just freakin good. :laughtwo:

Some hygrometers can be calibrated but you can check them all for accuracy at least. There are videos and web pages that can help. When you compare two hygrometers they must be placed in the same location otherwise they can have differing but relatively accurate readings. I did a quick search on one of the models that you have and found that it cannot be calibrated so I imagine that the other will be the same in that regard.

Nice garden you have there Jim, keep up the good work.

JH and WW - Day 63
Dark Devil Auto - Day 40
12/12 started 10/30/2015

I get shocked each morning when I look in on these girls a few minutes before lights on. They are all getting huge and there are plenty of colas in there developing their goody goodness. I have to spend a few hours away this morning helping some fellas at the church rake an old lady's yard. It should be fun but I want to look at these closer. They might need some fluids.

Yesterday, I did take some measurements; JH 18", WW 16" and DD was 13". I reworked the hangers on the light and moved in up again to 22" above tallest canopy.

Group

IMG_183917.JPG

DD

IMG_183712.JPG

JH

IMG_183518.JPG

WW

IMG_183617.JPG

DD reaching for the light....there's nothing short about this baby now.

IMG_182815.JPG

IMG_183821.JPG
IMG_183413.JPG

Back
Top Bottom