TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/HPS

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

Haha, thanks pal. Had my sun glasses on and smoking a doobie of their sister from the previous grow. I couldn't stop staring at it dreaming about a few months time trying each individual plants buds. Need to figure a way to keep all the buds separate when drying and curing!

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

I know its a major hassle keeping everything seperate and marked.

I know its a major hassle keeping everything seperate and marked.
Tell me about it. I agree with you and I haven't even tried yet lol. I've been thinking about ways to do it and it all involves a pain in the arse and being organised!

Ive always bought compressed bricks and no bugs so far
Me also, and never a bug. I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling the bugs in TKs coco will prove to be harmless (hopefully). Only time I see bugs are when my coco stays to damp, for to long. But I've never had an infestation of gnats with coco. I've had mites twice in 15 yrs. . But yes, i like the idea of having the choice of what i put into my coco, not what some factory did. Block coco got a bad reputation back the day for having tons of salt in it. But Botanicare is the brand I use, but I'm sure other good brands exist in different locations. I don't find it a big deal, and I like making my own. And living on social security, doesn't leave a lot of $$ to play with, so I'm all about the $$. A lot of growers wont use Botanicare, as they're supposed to be owned by Monsanto ?
i'm gonna go dream, that I'm sleeping on TKs canopy !!

You could hang on clothes hangers number the hangers for each plant that way you'll know what plant is what and how much each plant yielded .

TK, you asked what I put into my coco. All measurements are per gal. or 4 liters.

silica blast- 5ml
calmag- 150ppm
Z7- 1ml
Complezym- 6ml
B+-- 6ml
Comlpete brand coco base nutrients A&B- 20ml
Mammoth P- 0.8ml
And last but not least 1/2 scoop of mammoth p

PH- 6.0-6.2
PPM is about 750ppm or 0.75 EC

And I make another much smaller batch, with lower ppm, for transplanting the 1st. time and young seedlings. This is just what I do, but you can make it your own. One 6.1kg block ($15) makes me about 18 gal of coco. How many gal. or liters are in the bagged stuff ? What did Bio biz say ?? Did you buy it at a hydro store ? maybe they'll make it right with you??:morenutes:

Hi Terp don't know if it's been mentioned but apparently spring tails die when medium drys out? Might be worth having dry periods between watering? I've had plants dry out before with no real damage, the leaves droop but bounce back in less than a hour, I'm not saying do this but maybe worth a though? Hope alls good buddy .

Im sure in!! Nice work, Im a noobie in this, if you wanna stop by at my frist time growing journal I use gladly get some tips :) #420
Welcome to my journal Yoshi, thank you. I will most certainly pop over to your journal and check it out!

Me also, and never a bug. I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling the bugs in TKs coco will prove to be harmless (hopefully). Only time I see bugs are when my coco stays to damp, for to long. But I've never had an infestation of gnats with coco. I've had mites twice in 15 yrs. . But yes, i like the idea of having the choice of what i put into my coco, not what some factory did. Block coco got a bad reputation back the day for having tons of salt in it. But Botanicare is the brand I use, but I'm sure other good brands exist in different locations. I don't find it a big deal, and I like making my own. And living on social security, doesn't leave a lot of $$ to play with, so I'm all about the $$. A lot of growers wont use Botanicare, as they're supposed to be owned by Monsanto ?
i'm gonna go dream, that I'm sleeping on TKs canopy !!

Sounds like the block stuff is good, just takes some effort to prepare it before it's ready. Thanks for the info on the stuff pal. I have a feeling they're harmless also, you're not alone there. I mean we can't be sure, but really am noticing nothing out of the ordinary just yet, those ladies are growing like weeds. Doesn't seem to be many of them either as I can only ever spot a few, they don't seem to be breeding like crazy and they're only in maybe 3 pots which makes sense as I think they must have been just In the half used bag of coco luckily. I'm not gonna lie I've been keeping my coco real moist, plants seem to love it that way when in full flower mode. I'm keeping an eye on the little bastards tho, but I got the same feeling as you about them atmo. So does the coco with nutrients come with enough so you don't need to feed them much, like soil? I know that feeling man, the money adds up so quickly when buying stuff for our ladies so if we can make a saving here and there it has to be done. Oh I've heard of Monsanto, their supposed to be some evil motherfuckers, won't let any farmers grow any other seeds than their own genetically modified seeds. Hope that dream went well for you pal ;)!

TK, you asked what I put into my coco. All measurements are per gal. or 4 liters.

silica blast- 5ml
calmag- 150ppm
Z7- 1ml
Complezym- 6ml
B+-- 6ml
Comlpete brand coco base nutrients A&B- 20ml
Mammoth P- 0.8ml
And last but not least 1/2 scoop of mammoth p

PH- 6.0-6.2
PPM is about 750ppm or 0.75 EC

And I make another much smaller batch, with lower ppm, for transplanting the 1st. time and young seedlings. This is just what I do, but you can make it your own. One 6.1kg block ($15) makes me about 18 gal of coco. How many gal. or liters are in the bagged stuff ? What did Bio biz say ?? Did you buy it at a hydro store ? maybe they'll make it right with you??:morenutes:

Thanks so much for letting me know what you add to your ladies pal, it's always nice to see how others growers like yourself grow when you get good results. What conversion are you doing on the ppm scale, is it 5x or 7x? Wondering if you mean 1.75 EC? I haven't emailed them yet actually, I've been a little lazy about it. I will do it this week and update you. The bio Bizz bags come with 50l of coco in them. Yeah from the hydro shop, they order it in especially for me as the mainly just sell the canna coco, it takes a day to come so it must have been from their supplier, I think if I mention it to my hydro they mite sort it out, they're very good bunch of lads.

You could hang on clothes hangers number the hangers for each plant that way you'll know what plant is what and how much each plant yielded .

Lovely jubbly, same way I've been drying before. Just need to add the labels, thanks pal. Be nice to actually know what each plant produces and tastes and smells like. Just going to have to be a bit more organised with it and keep everything labeled and in separate jars when done with drying. Just need to be organised with it I was thinking lazy lol.

Hi Terp don't know if it's been mentioned but apparently spring tails die when medium drys out? Might be worth having dry periods between watering? I've had plants dry out before with no real damage, the leaves droop but bounce back in less than a hour, I'm not saying do this but maybe worth a though? Hope alls good buddy .

Yo brother, thanks for the input, appreciate it. I did read springtails dissappear when the pots dry out but was a little bit nervous about letting them dry to much as they seem to love the moist coco when they get into that full flower swing. I've been watching the bugs for last couple weeks now and I don't think they're spring tails either. They haven't really grown at all or changed shape and don't seem to be growing in population. Just the same tiny white bugs, I really am starting to believe they're causing me no harm whatsoever, I'd still rather they hadn't invaded that bag of coco tho and entered my flowering tent. All Is well my side thanks, how about you? How those nugs drying out?

I'd love to know what they are, if i had them it wold drive me bonkers!

Yeah it's definitely drove me bonkers, don't worry about that. I've just had to accept that they're there atmo or I'll just drive myself insane if I'm honest. It really hasn't done well for my OCD lol. I like things to be a certain way and these were not part of the plan. I really want to know what they're as well man, I'm wondering if there is somewhere I would be able to take a couple of them to get them identified? What you think?

County extension office maybe
Legend, I just checked out what that is and I'll try to find something similar over here. Thanks PW!

They basically help and support local farmers, they are experts in agriculture and horticulture.

Good old Google ayy? That's how I knew what you was talking about lol. I'm trying to find the closest sort of thing over here. I need an entomologist by the looks of it.

That would work as well, maybe someone at your local University.

I'm just having a look to see if I can find someone localish. I found the royal entomological society via Google. I'm going to email them and see if they can point me in the correct direction. I wish I had a camera with a macro lense or something I could get some good photos with.

Back
Top Bottom