TerpsNThyme's First Grow: Soil OG Kush Autoflower Grow Journal - 2023

I see an issue. You want to tie them down at the stems not where the plant growth is. I'd recommend undoing that and giving her a little more time to grow if that's the way you plan to train her.
Would a trellis work better to try for a bigger yield

Did some LST with some garden staples. Was able to get it around the stem and not leaves. Some of the big fan leaves are laying on the soil. When should I start picking them off. I’ve been doing some tucking to try and get more light to the smaller sites. My light is about 18-20 inches from the plant running at 100% (100w light). I know I don’t have long to train her so I’m hoping this helps her grow a bit. I think some pistils are starting to come in
IMG_9173.jpeg

IMG_9172.jpeg

When should I start picking them off.
I'd just tuck them out of the way for another 5 or 6 days or so, then remove only the ones that are blocking the branch/growth tips underneath it.
You could put a little rock or something under those leaves that are laying on the ground, to hold them up off the soil- chances are some of them will be removed in a week or so anyway ...
She's looking good so far!👍

I'd just tuck them out of the way for another 5 or 6 days or so, then remove only the ones that are blocking the branch/growth tips underneath it.
You could put a little rock or something under those leaves that are laying on the ground, to hold them up off the soil- chances are some of them will be removed in a week or so anyway ...
She's looking good so far!👍
Awesome thanks for the tips. I’m hoping she gets a little bigger. Almost 4 weeks in.

I’m hoping she gets a little bigger.
Ya just never know with autos- I've got one that didn't stretch, and one that did...although neither one is real big...but you don't really need a huge plant to get a decent yield- it's more about how many budsites there are.

Ya just never know with autos- I've got one that didn't stretch, and one that did...although neither one is real big...but you don't really need a huge plant to get a decent yield- it's more about how many budsites there are.
Makes sense. That’s why I was trying to tuck those big fan leaves.

And personally I would not remove any fan leaves from an auto flower. Most growers do not know this but the hormone that induces flower is built up in the fan leaves so if you remove them she may stall. And flower poorly. As she is time limited.
Do you just tuck them out of the way?

Exactly she has no time to add solar panels like with photos if you remove fan leaves she cannot produce sugars as fast.
Do you guys use any bloom nutrient? I’m using sohum living soil and it has nutrients already but I didn’t know if I need to add extra

Thanks!! First grow so I’m nervous about everything I do 😂
I understand.
Do you guys use any bloom nutrient? I’m using sohum living soil and it has nutrients already but I didn’t know if I need to add extra
I'm trying Sweet Candy this outdoor run in addition to Geoflora nutes. I'm hearing it accompanies a living soil grow's micro herd well. My first try at it. I don't know what sohum has in it but it's LOS right? Nothing to say yet about it. Emilya Green talks about it in the Geoflora nutrients pages here at 420 Mag.

Today is day 28. Been LST for a few days now. Mostly tucking the big fan leaves trying to get light to the lower sites. How long should I keep her like this. Think I’m getting bugs as well. Some of the leaves look like they’ve been chewed on. Also is there a certain lux or PPFD I should be aiming for during this stage? Any other tips or ideas you guys have I’d love to hear them.
IMG_9206.jpeg

Think I’m getting bugs. Some of the leaves look like they’ve been chewed on. Also is there a certain lux or PPFD I should be aiming for during this stage?
That looks like magnesium def to me at this stage of life but it's good to know that the soil is buffered and there's no ph issues. All my grows have needed a dose of cal/mag for it.

So I use ppfd of PAR. An app called Photone, for a 5 dollar fee will turn your cell phone into a light meter. It was 5 when I got it this year anyway.
I'm thinking your plant is vegging strong now and would be in the 400 to 600 ppfd of PAR for light power in the planting suggestions section below.
1691527302762.png

That looks like magnesium def to me at this stage of life but it's good to know that the soil is buffered and there's no ph issues. All my grows have needed a dose of cal/mag for it.

So I use ppfd of PAR. An app called Photone, for a 5 dollar fee will turn your cell phone into a light meter. It was 5 when I got it this year anyway.
I'm thinking your plant is vegging strong now and would be in the 400 to 600 ppfd of PAR for light power in the planting suggestions section below.
1691527302762.png
Thanks for the tips. I have the Photone app and I will check my par today. I’ll pick up some cal mag as well

1691527302762.png
Just checked and I am at about 560ppfd

Back
Top Bottom