TerpsNThyme's First Grow: Soil OG Kush Autoflower Grow Journal - 2023

Some of the leaves look like they’ve been chewed on.
I see that- it looks more like the leaf may have been damaged a bit when it was tiny, and now that damage has grown with the leaf..-I don't think you've got anything gnawing on them, at least not yet..👍

Day 30. Add a few more garden staples to pin Down some branches so more light can get in. She seems healthy and strong.
IMG_9208.jpeg

Checked on her today and she seems to be filling in good and taking to the LST. I moved the staples around a little to try and get more light down to the lower branches. I've been tucking some of the leaves as well to get more access to the lower nodes. Trying to get as many bud sites as I can. She is coming up on 5 weeks and I'm assuming she will start flowering soon. I'm hoping for a growth spurt soon. Should I leave the tie downs on the full life cycle or is there a good time to start taking them off.
IMG_9214.jpeg
IMG_9213.jpeg

Should I leave the tie downs on the full life cycle or is there a good time to start taking them off.
There's usually about 6 or 8 of the tiedowns that need to stay on till the end- usually the ones on the larger branches.
I've removed them all after flowering started, but I ended up having to put some back on, because even the "woody" main branches will start to rise up once the tiedown is removed.

A good rule of thumb is- if there's a lot of tension on the tiedown, it probably needs to stay..

Your plant is looking real good, TnT!
She's already got 15 or 16 bud sites, and she's just gettin' started..👍

There's usually about 6 or 8 of the tiedowns that need to stay on till the end- usually the ones on the larger branches.
I've removed them all after flowering started, but I ended up having to put some back on, because even the "woody" main branches will start to rise up once the tiedown is removed.

A good rule of thumb is- if there's a lot of tension on the tiedown, it probably needs to stay..

Your plant is looking real good, TnT!
She's already got 15 or 16 bud sites, and she's just gettin' started..👍
awesome. thanks again for the tips.

What Carcass said. She looks good! :Rasta:

Here we go!
This is from another good member.
"I was speaking with Shed and he led me to a post from @Carcass regarding the use of the BT bits. Maybe it will help.

This is how Carcass describes it:
--------------------------
I just throw 1/4 of a dunk in the 5 gallon bucket every 3 weeks or so to keep the gnats away...
If I have an active gnat infestation, I'll use half a dunk in the bucket for a little more killing power, then
I go back to 1/4 of a dunk to keep the grow space gnat-free...
A quarter of a dunk is equal to 1 tbsp. of the bits, if you decide to do it this way.
The reason I do it this way is that it takes 24 hours for the bacteria from the dunks to populate the water, and I don't want to have to fill a gallon jug 24 hours in advance of when I water the plant, so I just treat 5 gallons at a time, and the water is always ready to use.."
----------------------

Here she is today. Looks like she’s getting snacked on a bit lol. Is this normal color for the bud sites? I’ve been following emilya’s watering guide. Did a full soak they day I transplanted and was doing partial waterings every 3 days. Checked the pot today and it finally feels light. Gonna grab the mosquito dunks today and do a watering tomorrow. The sohum soil should have enough nutrients in it to last until
Harvest.

IMG_9219.jpeg

IMG_9218.jpeg

IMG_9221.jpeg

IMG_9222.jpeg

IMG_9223.jpeg

Is this normal color for the bud sites?
Yes, especially at the onset of flowering- they start growing so fast, the green can't keep up... :cheesygrinsmiley:
They'll probably be pale like that until she's done stretching, so a couple weeks +.
a post from @Carcass regarding the use of the BT bits.
Thank You for posting that, @StoneOtter!🙏

Back
Top Bottom