TerpsNThyme's First Grow: Soil OG Kush Autoflower Grow Journal - 2023

Week 3 of flower. Do I need to defoliate some
more during flower or just let her go
IMG_9305.jpeg

Week 3 of flower. Do I need to defoliate some
more during flower or just let her go
IMG_9305.jpeg
If was me theirs a few I would remove just ones blocking bud sites but wouldn't go crazy she has plenty of space.

I always mean to thin mine out some, but I seldom actually do it...

If you do any thinning, remember- if only 1 or 2 "fingers" on the leaf are blocking a budsite, you can just remove those 2 fingers..so the budsite's unblocked, but most of the leaf is still there to power the plant...

Probably doesn't make much difference in the long run, that's just how I've always done it...👍

I've had these yellow tips for ages in LOS Terps. The thing that keeps mine green is cal/mag. I thing they need a little mag when we see that. It's my observation and not scientific. Give it a try and see. My plants with added cal/mag have been green tipped ever since. Edit: I don't know if it will repair the yellow tips. Look to the new growth for an idea if you suceeded.

I've had these yellow tips for ages in LOS Terps. The thing that keeps mine green is cal/mag. I thing they need a little mag when we see that. It's my observation and not scientific. Give it a try and see. My plants with added cal/mag have been green tipped ever since. Edit: I don't know if it will repair the yellow tips. Look to the new growth for an idea if you suceeded.
Is there a specific brand that’s recommended amongst the grow community

They're all pretty much the same, but some also supply some nitrogen- the one I use (Blue Planet Nutrients) has an npk of 8-0-0, (so 8% nitrogen)- some have less nitrogen, and some have none.
So it's up to you if you want to give the plants a little extra nitrogen or not...

My thinking is that a little extra nitrogen won't hurt anything (and it hasn't yet) but some folks only want to add it if there's a specific problem, like yellowing leaves for instance...
So you'll need to check the npk of various brands to decide what you want to go with...

The stuff I use (in soil) is a powder, and it does a good job-
I don't think liquid or powder makes a difference- they both work fine, so it'd be up to you which one you use-

Stronger light, up to a point, will help to make the buds more dense-
Less powerful light will give you "airy" or "fluffy" buds...
With your 100 watt light, moving the light as close as possible to the plant (without causing light burn) will help grow denser buds..
Or, adding another 100 watt light to your tent will also do the trick...

I ran 6 autos under 400w and two of them stayed soft.. one of the two was so non bud like that I threw it in the fire lol but the other 4 was absolutely solid! And Triched out! It's genetic and it's hard with autos as I ran two of each strain so three strains from same breeder/seed bank some just don't have it. I think you've done everything on point bro but 🤞 for the last few weeks 🤞

I don't know if it's normal, but mine usually do some of that- some plants do it worse than others.
If you have a bloom booster (something with Potassium and Phosphorous) you would want to add a little of that to her feed now- it might help with the ugly leaf thing, and the buds will thank you for it.
Just don't add more than the recommended dose- it's easy to toast a plant with too much P&K.

Back
Top Bottom