TerpsNThyme's First Grow: Soil OG Kush Autoflower Grow Journal - 2023

We are definitely into flower lol. She’s starting to give off that good skunky smell. She’ll be on ray 42 Thursday. Do I need to do some defoliation or just focus on leaf tucking
IMG_9241.jpeg

IMG_9242.jpeg

Looks good!
What I do, is to look at the plant from directly above it- if you can see the buds, then the light can see them too- if any of them are being blocked, only remove the leaves that are doing the blocking...(because I'm sure you're tired of tucking, by now😁 )

And you could remove some, not all, of those leaves in area toward the center of the pot to allow for better airflow through the plant.
Probably only 15-20 leaves total, no reason to go all crazy with the defol- the more leaves you leave on, the better for the overall health of the plant..imo

Looks good!
What I do, is to look at the plant from directly above it- if you can see the buds, then the light can see them too- if any of them are being blocked, only remove the leaves that are doing the blocking...(because I'm sure you're tired of tucking, by now😁 )

And you could remove some, not all, of those leaves in area toward the center of the pot to allow for better airflow through the plant.
Probably only 15-20 leaves total, no reason to go all crazy with the defol- the more leaves you leave on, the better for the overall health of the plant..imo
That makes perfect sense. I will give that a go later today.

I have my 100w LED about 18 inches from the top cola. Almost 985 PPFD and almost 60k Lux
I'll be maxing at 800ppfd in flower for future grows.. I think autos are pretty solid but some plants show signs of stress over this.

I keep mine at or a little under 55k lux in flower- 60k should be alright, but if the upper leaves start to curl up on the edges, turn it down a little (or move it up a little higher)

I don't pluck mine but I do weight them down with fishing weights to keep them out of the way. Keeping them on the plant allows them to serve as a nutrient bank the plant can draw on since it won't be making more leaves at this point.

They can grow if they get good light on them!

I lowered my light a little bit. My turn it down to about 70% and lower it even more. Using a 100w light
@ 100 watts I'd turn it UP all the way! :Rasta:

will the smaller bud sites in the middle get bigger or will they be the popcorn nugs?
Some of them will grow and some won't- but if they haven't made their move by the time she's done stretching, they're not going to, and if you don't want any popcorn buds, you could remove the little resource-suckers now, so the plant doesn't waste any energy on them...

Or, do it like I do, figuring that even the popcorn buds will get me high, I leave 75% of them on there..

(me being a bit lazy may also have something to do with it... :cheesygrinsmiley:)

Some of them will grow and some won't- but if they haven't made their move by the time she's done stretching, they're not going to, and if you don't want any popcorn buds, you could remove the little resource-suckers now, so the plant doesn't waste any energy on them...

Or, do it like I do, figuring that even the popcorn buds will get me high, I leave 75% of them on there..

(me being a bit lazy may also have something to do with it... :cheesygrinsmiley:)
She should still have maybe a week or so of stretching right

She should still have maybe a week or so of stretching right
Probably....but you never know till you know with autos...

Just measure the tallest branch/budsite- when/if it doesn't get any taller in 24 hours, she's done stretching.

Hey, "explosive initials guy," you're doing a great job! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom