TeSmp's 400W White Widow's + Soil & DWC Lollipops

Re: teSmp's 400w White Widow's + Soil & DWC Lollipops - BPN

Stoked to watch you try out the DWC! If it works out well for you, I might pick one up and let you guide me through it.:thumb:

I would love to help you out, if I get a hold of it lol :) I can't wait!!!!!!

K everyone, here is the hood all set up. I will move the two buckets with the WW's on top to each side of the tent (left and right) and put the DWC bucket in between them (yes it fits lol). and then place the 2 lollipops in front of all the buckets.

IMG_083421.jpg

I think I'm gonna try some 2L hempys when I get my current project cleared out of the box. In the tutorials I've seen, it looks as easy as could be. I'm just worried that with the small amount of water they hold and long and the amount of time I stay gone to school and work, that things might get out of wack before I could fix it.

Your tent is looking both awesome and quite full.:thumb:

That 2L gets noticeably bigger every time I see it.

I think I'm gonna try some 2L hempys when I get my current project cleared out of the box. In the tutorials I've seen, it looks as easy as could be. I'm just worried that with the small amount of water they hold and long and the amount of time I stay gone to school and work, that things might get out of wack before I could fix it.

Yeah that is the only reason why I won't do them because I like to go a few days between watering. Who knows though I could give it a run, I kind of want to see what all the fuss is about!

Your tent is looking both awesome and quite full.:thumb:

That 2L gets noticeably bigger every time I see it.

Yup it is going to get quite a big fuller next week lol! The 2L is amazing, from 8" to nearly 15" now in only 14 days, I would say it will get to about 20" in the next week and stop stretching. Nodes are between .75-1.25" so it will be perfect for a lollipop.

My autos I'm keeping outside had outrageous stretch this week. Literally went from 5-6" for all three, to the shortest at 12" and the tallest at 17" in just a week. But, they're also branching out better than I expected.

My autos I'm keeping outside had outrageous stretch this week. Literally went from 5-6" for all three, to the shortest at 12" and the tallest at 17" in just a week. But, they're also branching out better than I expected.

Nice post me a few pics :) Why not make another journal?

Ohh so your going carbon filter > hood > booster > out? Yeah I can feel a ton of air coming out of the hood, it will work really well I can tell once I get it sealed up. It is also working better for odor control the way it is. I know man I can't wait to see my harvest to, I know my next grows will be much better :)

Yeah, I actually go Carbon filter > 4" 65cfm > hood > 6" 400cfm > out. I'm not really sure if that 4" fan does any good, but I still have a negative suction in my hood so It's not overpowering the other fan. Just worried it might be blocking airflow and reducing the amount going through my filter and hood. Can't wait to get something in mine to seal it up, haha. It's starting to have a more and more unique 'weed' smell everyday...

Yeah, I actually go Carbon filter > 4" 65cfm > hood > 6" 400cfm > out. I'm not really sure if that 4" fan does any good, but I still have a negative suction in my hood so It's not overpowering the other fan. Just worried it might be blocking airflow and reducing the amount going through my filter and hood. Can't wait to get something in mine to seal it up, haha. It's starting to have a more and more unique 'weed' smell everyday...

Oh damn. Yeah I only have my one 4" 165 (maybe 195) CFM fan! It works just fine the way it is. Temps are down to 74 now running at 40% and they usually run 79-83F at 100%! Can't wait to get mine sealed up to!

Nice post me a few pics :) Why not make another journal?

I guess I might bite the bullet and do it tomorrow. I'll upload some pics tomorrow, regardless of whether I get the new journal started.

Oh damn. Yeah I only have my one 4" 165 (maybe 195) CFM fan! It works just fine the way it is. Temps are down to 74 now running at 40% and they usually run 79-83F at 100%! Can't wait to get mine sealed up to!

Damn!! That's awesome how much the hood lowered your temps. My 300w of CFL's has been spiking as high as 87 in hottest part of the day. I was considering switching my lights to be on at night to help the temps(too lazy to cut a port for another fan). Light leaks not an issue where I live.

The new journal is already packing on the pages. It's like Gator's or OMM's journals it's growing so fast

Yeah, the guys at the hydro shop talked me out of the big 4" fans because the 6" ones weren't much more expensive and were offering twice the air movement. Just wish my hood was 6" and I'd have absolutely zero problems with reducing and shit like that. It'd be much "cleaner" and I like clean :)

What's your opinion on your temp now? Are you going to keep it at 74? I've worked to keep my tent at a steady 76 77 lights on and 69 70 with lights off just to try and maximize my yield (based on the general consensus of grow room temps from the MJ community), but everything I've learned at school in my botany and horticulture classes tells me that the plants stomata open optimally at 72 degrees to exchange the co2 and oxygen it consumes and produces during photosynthesis. Otherwise, the plant is in a photorespiration period and, instead of the stomata being open to intake co2 they use oxygen instead. Messes up and reduces the efficiency of photosynthesis. No ATP (basically what moves energy from cell to cell) is produced and the plant loses carbon and nitrogen, slowing overall growth. The warmer it is, usually the higher photorespiration is. I guess after reading a bit more about it trying to summarize it in this post, there seems to be a consensus that some photorespiration IS needed, but how much is uncertain.

Now, I'm not far into these classes, and they're definitely not tailored to MJ, but a lot of what people preach here is taught as common knowledge to all horticulturists and botanists growing plants. But, a lot of things aren't understood with growing MJ, so basically the trial and error tests probably showed what the optimal temp should be.

Eh, food for thought...

Edit: Here's a few wikipedia references that may help some of you or provide a bit of further detail or clarification that I didn't provide.

Photorespiration - Wikipedia
"Potential photosynthetic output may be reduced by photorespiration by up to 25% in C3 plants.[2]"
Adenosine triphosphate - Wikipedia (ATP)
C3 carbon fixation - Wikipedia

Yeah, the guys at the hydro shop talked me out of the big 4" fans because the 6" ones weren't much more expensive and were offering twice the air movement. Just wish my hood was 6" and I'd have absolutely zero problems with reducing and shit like that. It'd be much "cleaner" and I like clean :)

What's your opinion on your temp now? Are you going to keep it at 74? I've worked to keep my tent at a steady 76 77 lights on and 69 70 with lights off just to try and maximize my yield (based on the general consensus of grow room temps from the MJ community), but everything I've learned at school in my botany and horticulture classes tells me that the plants stomata open optimally at 72 degrees to exchange the co2 and oxygen it consumes and produces during photosynthesis. Otherwise, the plant is in a photorespiration period and, instead of the stomata being open to intake co2 they use oxygen instead. Messes up and reduces the efficiency of photosynthesis. No ATP (basically what moves energy from cell to cell) is produced and the plant loses carbon and nitrogen, slowing overall growth. The warmer it is, usually the higher photorespiration is. I guess after reading a bit more about it trying to summarize it in this post, there seems to be a consensus that some photorespiration IS needed, but how much is uncertain.

Now, I'm not far into these classes, and they're definitely not tailored to MJ, but a lot of what people preach here is taught as common knowledge to all horticulturists and botanists growing plants. But, a lot of things aren't understood with growing MJ, so basically the trial and error tests probably showed what the optimal temp should be.

Eh, food for thought...

Edit: Here's a few wikipedia references that may help some of you or provide a bit of further detail or clarification that I didn't provide.

Photorespiration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Potential photosynthetic output may be reduced by photorespiration by up to 25% in C3 plants.[2]"
Adenosine triphosphate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (ATP)
C3 carbon fixation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's pretty interesting! I am not sure what I'll try and keep it at, I was thinking 75F. I've seen several times that 79 degrees is ideal. One thing maybe to consider is that a lot of these plants are from equatorial regions of the world which are quite a bit hotter, so they could prefer different temperatures. You could be right though, maybe plants do have that as an optimal temperature but except for maybe So. California or Florida it's usually to hot or to cold throughout different season here in the US to ever stay at that optima temp.

You're definitely right. After I went to bed, it also got me thinking about how people that use CO2 have higher temperatures in the room. And that just seems to contradict the theory, so I'm just going to believe that at one point what I said may have been true, but most likely the species has evolved. Simple as that, they thrive in certain regions and those are the weather patters we should mimic.

You're definitely right. After I went to bed, it also got me thinking about how people that use CO2 have higher temperatures in the room. And that just seems to contradict the theory, so I'm just going to believe that at one point what I said may have been true, but most likely the species has evolved. Simple as that, they thrive in certain regions and those are the weather patters we should mimic.

Yup, that was exactly my thoughts when you were mentioning it. I don't know if there could be one catch all temp that would be good for all plants. I think that your class is more then likely very accurate. However, it is probably referring to an average that all plants like or maybe plants in our region of the world.

Hi mate, @COgrow, so if the plants are below a certain temp then they grow less or use oxygen instead of producing it av i got that right, and as tesmp said, does that cover all plants in general or a certain area as plants in europe would be at cooler temps even in the summer, does anyone know what the best temp is for cannabis, what would the contant average be, or is it better to have cooler temps during the lights off period, where i live the temps are cool so when the lights go off the temp drops a bit, sometimes id say around 10c or around 50 to 55f, would this be to cool and would a heater be needed, day temps are usually around 20c or 70 to 75f this time of year and summer highs are in the high 20's low 30's if lucky, so if the temps to cold then this will stunt the growth of the plants, maybe thats why mine have been growing slow, the temps is always around 20c which works out at roughly 70f,

@teSmp, good news mate, ive checked usps tracking and it says my parcel is in my country and has cleared customs, so i cant wait it should be here any day, im hoping tomorrow but it may have to go to sorting office first then sent to me by courier, i cant wait mate, thanks for hooking me up, you really are to kind, i neva bought the son lamp, instead i bought a couple of 30watt 2700k bulbs, they are a lot bigger and i have checked them in the flower room and they put out more light than 3 20watt bulbs, or appear to, so ill be keeping the 2 30watt bulbs above the plants then i can hang as many 20watt bulbs as i want around the plants, so ill make sure all the plants well lit up when it comes to flower.

i owe you teSmp for hooking me up with coreys products, mate your a star and a true example of the kindness on this site, this is the only site that i have came across that has members that are more than happy to help, the other sites i tried before this one had people arguing and if you mentioned cfls they laughed at you and would tell you how stupid you was for using them and saying if you have spent less than 500quid on your setup then you may as well give up, but here i have found nothing but great advice and really top people, your shining example of the kindness and dedication this site has to offer, you really do deserve to have a great grow and perfect results, if anyone deserves it mate you do, but their loads of people on here that deserve it, in fact ive only came across 1 person on here who was a bit funny and seemed like a right ass hole to me, but i wouldnt wish anything bad towards him as im not like that,

Hi mate, @Cogrow, so if the plants are below a certain temp then they grow less or use oxygen instead of producing it av i got that right, and as tesmp said, does that cover all plants in general or a certain area as plants in europe would be at cooler temps even in the summer, does anyone know what the best temp is for cannabis, what would the contant average be, or is it better to have cooler temps during the lights off period, where i live the temps are cool so when the lights go off the temp drops a bit, sometimes id say around 10c or around 50 to 55f, would this be to cool and would a heater be needed, day temps are usually around 20c or 70 to 75f this time of year and summer highs are in the high 20's low 30's if lucky, so if the temps to cold then this will stunt the growth of the plants, maybe thats why mine have been growing slow, the temps is always around 20c which works out at roughly 70f,

Well, photorespiration occurs moreso as the temps are raised. But after reading more about it, I don't see anywhere (besides when I was in class) that it says a general number for all plants. I'd stick with what you can do best, try to get your night temps above 65. I've been told if the temp is below 65 the roots tend to slow in growth.

If I were you, based on my severely limited experience, I'd use a heater to bring the night temps up to at least 65F and stick with 75-80 TOPS for your day temps.

thanks mate, my day temps wont be much above 20c where i am, so between 70 and 80f at the very most, if it goes any higher ill use a bigger fan, i want to keep the night temps down to try and bring out the purple in the berry bomb, but the weather here is getting warmer so night time temps will get higher over the next week or 2 then i should be ok for heater and ill keep the day time temps in check, but im using cfls and they are not throwing off much heat, they might in the flower room as ive got some big 30watt cfls in their.

a quick question, does anyone know why 30watt 6500 k cfls are smaller than the 30watt 2700k bulbs, i bought 2 today both different makes and their twice the size of the 30watt cool white cfls, is their a reason for this, it should give me better lumin than the smaller ones, ill have to check the boxes if i never put them in the bin

thanks mate, my day temps wont be much above 20c where i am, so between 70 and 80f at the very most, if it goes any higher ill use a bigger fan, i want to keep the night temps down to try and bring out the purple in the berry bomb, but the weather here is getting warmer so night time temps will get higher over the next week or 2 then i should be ok for heater and ill keep the day time temps in check, but im using cfls and they are not throwing off much heat, they might in the flower room as ive got some big 30watt cfls in their.

a quick question, does anyone know why 30watt 6500 k cfls are smaller than the 30watt 2700k bulbs, i bought 2 today both different makes and their twice the size of the 30watt cool white cfls, is their a reason for this, it should give me better lumin than the smaller ones, ill have to check the boxes if i never put them in the bin

No problem donpaul about the nutes! I got as much as enjoyment as you did out of the deal :) I have some mini 23w CFL's that are the same as my full size 23w CFL's except for the size. So other then their size I'm not sure if they make a difference as far as lumens I never checked.

Back
Top Bottom