TeSmp's 400W White Widow's + Soil & DWC Lollipops

Re: teSmp's 400w White Widow's + Soil & DWC Lollipops - BPN

i only asked as the 2700k bulb has twice as much extra glass area its longer and more spirals in it, im just thinking their may be a reason why the standard 6500k bulb is half the size of the 2700k bulb, this is only different with the 30watt, the lower wattage bulbs from the same make i bought today are exactly the same size for both kelvin.

i only asked as the 2700k bulb has twice as much extra glass area its longer and more spirals in it, im just thinking their may be a reason why the standard 6500k bulb is half the size of the 2700k bulb, this is only different with the 30watt, the lower wattage bulbs from the same make i bought today are exactly the same size for both kelvin.

The only thing I could think is one is 30w actual and the smaller is 30w equivalent. I have 27w's of both 2700 & 6500 and they are the same size

To both of you, as I said in the previous post I have several 23w CFL's that are different sizes. They are both 23 actual watts but one is mini and the other is full size. So one is 1/2 the size of the other almost. @donpaul, the same would apply for 2700k as my 6500k.

Small Update - WW Day 41 - Giesel Day 16

So here's a small picture update... The WW at day 41 of flower and Giesel day 16. Did a small trim on the 2L yesterday on the bottom. Mariah almost fell over cause the little cube she came in as a clone split and all that weight fell to the heavy side, I tied her up!

IMG_085921.jpg

Bonsai.png

IMG_085715.jpg
IMG_085414.jpg
IMG_085311.jpg

I can't decide who would be better for POTM contest (top two pics)? Any suggestions?

looking very nice mate, i want to see what your going to get of the 2 litre one, will be good to compare how root growth impacts on yield,

both my cfls are 30 actual watts, they say their equivalent to 150watt bulbs, but i think thats just based on the lumins and not the actual power, i think teSmp is right, i think its down to make, or the other possibly answer could be that these 30watt bulbs are used more in security lights so they may make them bigger to give off more light, so they make them bigger,

looking very nice mate, i want to see what your going to get of the 2 litre one, will be good to compare how root growth impacts on yield,

both my cfls are 30 actual watts, they say their equivalent to 150watt bulbs, but i think thats just based on the lumins and not the actual power, i think teSmp is right, i think its down to make, or the other possibly answer could be that these 30watt bulbs are used more in security lights so they may make them bigger to give off more light, so they make them bigger,

:thanks: donpaul! Well it won't be a true comparison because the 2L will just be a lollipop (one big bud, no side branching). It is also a lot smaller then the WW's. I should be doing a side by side of a WW in the hydro bucket and a 2L with WW, both with BPN under the same 400w and both lollipop so that should be interesting. This will happen next week.

Took a few tiny samples off the WW a few days ago. They are bone dry because they were so small and smell really green, does this go away guys after curing for a few weeks? I gave it a try and it's a nice feeling and has sort of a minty flavor (could be the chlorophyll as well) it did taste good though.

Edit 1/2 hour later: damn the WW is some good potent stuff! Still has 3 weeks to go, oh shit!!

wish i could join ya, im all out at the moment, bit crafty trying a few buds, id be the same the way im feeling now, i nice joint would go down nice now, but i gota wait, glad it was nice smoke mate, you deserve it, and looks like you got plenty more to come and it can only get better the longer it grows

:thanks: donpaul! Well it won't be a true comparison because the 2L will just be a lollipop (one big bud, no side branching). It is also a lot smaller then the WW's. I should be doing a side by side of a WW in the hydro bucket and a 2L with WW, both with BPN under the same 400w and both lollipop so that should be interesting. This will happen next week.

Took a few tiny samples off the WW a few days ago. They are bone dry because they were so small and smell really green, does this go away guys after curing for a few weeks? I gave it a try and it's a nice feeling and has sort of a minty flavor (could be the chlorophyll as well) it did taste good though.

Edit 1/2 hour later: damn the WW is some good potent stuff! Still has 3 weeks to go, oh shit!!

IMO the slower you dry your buds, the better the flavor. It gives the nasty built up starches and chlorophyll time to escape. Quick drying will give a harsher taste. Here a good link

How do I properly dry and cure my harvest?

Dam look at you grow :) look nice man they keep getting bigger! :D

Thanks Mud-Pie! :)

LUCKY!!! how did she taste?

Tasted pretty good a little minty. It was still very green because it had zero curing time. It will be great when it's finished, real strong though.

wish i could join ya, im all out at the moment, bit crafty trying a few buds, id be the same the way im feeling now, i nice joint would go down nice now, but i gota wait, glad it was nice smoke mate, you deserve it, and looks like you got plenty more to come and it can only get better the longer it grows

Hell yah that would be nice! I think it will yield decently, it's hard to tell. I'm thinking 2-3.5 ounces. I could be crazy so not sure.

IMO the slower you dry your buds, the better the flavor. It gives the nasty built up starches and chlorophyll time to escape. Quick drying will give a harsher taste. Here a good link

How do I properly dry and cure my harvest?

Thanks for the link, yeah it was definitely a chlorophyll smell, an excellent high though! I must say it was one of my favorite times doing it, but it didn't last much more then an hour, granted it was a tiny bud.

Lookin' good bro!! As far as POTM, I'd go with the top one out of the new pics. It's looking particularly sexy. Things are rolling along nicely with my babies, but I did have to move three 2.5gal pots over 100 yds today because my autos are getting bigger than I thought autos were supposed to get and definitely had to move to a less visible spot. Oh well, I guess its a good problem to have!

Hey teSmp, I finally took the time to rebuild my journal(it's in my sig). I'll get some pics up tomorrow.Too busy tonight for the pics.:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

Lookin' good bro!! As far as POTM, I'd go with the top one out of the new pics. It's looking particularly sexy. Things are rolling along nicely with my babies, but I did have to move three 2.5gal pots over 100 yds today because my autos are getting bigger than I thought autos were supposed to get and definitely had to move to a less visible spot. Oh well, I guess its a good problem to have!

Thank you Pierce, I was thinking the same thing. I think I'm going to try and take 2 better pics of her tomorrow and ask a mod if I'm allowed to swap out the girls in POTM. I wish I could do outdoors!! I know I could out here I would just have to find a place. I could only do auto flowers because it gets so hot in the summer though.

:], i should really get around to makin a journal.
but that takes away precious time :[

Do it!!!

That precious time will provide you with a plethora of invaluable advice and information tailored to your specific grow.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

you just sold me, done.

Get on it and let me know when you have it done!

Hey teSmp, I finally took the time to rebuild my journal(it's in my sig). I'll get some pics up tomorrow.Too busy tonight for the pics.:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

Right on, let me know when you get pics posted up :)

Here is a pic of the test bud I pulled :) I guess it's called WW for a reason eh?

Screen_Shot_2012-04-06_at_10_11_47_PM.png

you gonna give em a few days of complete dark?
read somewhere about this and some other strains pulling out more resin if u stick em in the dark a few days b4 harvest trichomes if u wanna be technical

you gonna give em a few days of complete dark?
read somewhere about this and some other strains pulling out more resin if u stick em in the dark a few days b4 harvest trichomes if u wanna be technical

I may, I have done it before but I don't know enough to if it made any sort of difference. I was thinking maybe 24-36 hours but it will just depend on how things look when it comes that time. And if anyone else chimes in and says it would benefit :)

Back
Top Bottom