TeSmp's 400W White Widow's + Soil & DWC Lollipops

Re: teSmp's 400w White Widow's + Soil & DWC Lollipops - BPN

seems like anything crossed with norther lights is low odour from what i can tell, but teSmp remember this is from stuff ive read not what i know mate, you know i do my research and i pass on what i can, and thats what im doing, their is another option one called blue mystique, its smells like normal flowers so even though it smells its no the dank cannabis smell.

do you know how much difference skunk is from normal cannabis strains, and do skunk strains have skunk in the name or are their other strains that come under the skunk range, would love to grow some really strong skunk, but not sure high that compares to what i am growing now which is NL x BB and BB and special kush and the berry bomb,

I'm not going to try anything crazy with mine either...

Anyone know of any low smelling outdoor strains? I kind of want to do a few out in the backyard but it can't smell a bunch?? Auto flowering though.

Going the autoflowering route huh? Will this be your first one?

I'm currently growing a strain called Auto-Pounder, it was created by a group of growers in Spain that specialize specifically in Autoflowering genetics and have been doing so for over three years. The name of the company I believe is AutoSeeds.com. I am currently about 3 weeks in from seed and so far only one of my seedlings has really taken off like I expected... This is mainly due to my beginner mistakes, such as overhandling, overwatering, underwatering, high reserviour temps, and lack of general hydroponic knowledge to begin with.

But all of this is different now, I have learned a lot from my mistakes and feel much more comfortable with the system and therefore the plants also! I just germinated my last three of the initial 10 seeds that I bought about 3 days ago and I can vaguely see the first one peaking through the rapid rooter. Last batch I did I almost lost completely due to overwatering, but hopefully I know better now and won't make the same mistake twice!

The three survivors of the flood are still trying to recover from the stressful event that happened over two weeks ago. I'm afraid due to the short grow cycle associated with these autoflowers that although they are looking much better now and are now getting bigger, the damage may have a larger impact on the overall size of these three survivors when they are finished which will consequently lead to a less than impressive yield when all is said and done...

Northern lights is known to be a low odor strain.

C-99 smells like lemons

Skunk #1, Chronic, Ak-47, Jamaican, & some Super Silver Hazes are a few others

Thank you, I think if I do it maybe I'll get some Northern Lights. I have read the Northern Lights #5 is real stinky though.

I have heard that WW is genetically bread to be grown indoors and that it is one of the highest yielding strains, but it is still very potent. Also read somewhere that most strains put on over half of their weight/bulk the last three weeks of flowering/budding. If this is true I wouldn't sweat it for the time being... Just give it a little more time and I think you will be more than satisfied! Tell me how much dried herb you get from each plant when u r finished, I am curious to see how it turns out!

Thanks for the info, I don't remember the history of WW I've looked it up before. I never remember seeing it was one of the highest yielding strains though. This is the last 3 weeks so hopefully the blow up, they seem to be getting bigger each day now but not how I would have imagined them. I will make sure to get a total yield for each plant when they're wet and dry. Did you see the nug pic on the previous page?

teSmp, what temps should i be aiming for when lights are on, im trying to figure out why growth is slow, my compost has no added nutes, so it rules that out, its also good compost that drains really well with little or no clumping, i mean i can dig down on the pots with a couple of fingers with ease so i know its not that, ive been adding basic nutes to improve growth, which im sure it did at first, but now ive got thick stems and growth has slowed, lower branch growth is good, but upwards growth is slow, could it be temps, ive turned my little fan off, as air temp was below 70f but with the fan on this will bring it down with the wind chill factor, so possibly the temp was to cool, ive turned the fan off, ill keep an eye on temps for an hour or so, theirs not much else i can try, unless it is down to having the wrong nutes, i really dont know, all i can do is rule each thing out, so im going with temp and see if that makes any difference.

good look finding a low odour auto, their are not many auto's out their from what ive seen and i recon most of the ones that are out their are going to be the best they can be in smell and looks wise, until the breed more auto's and more people test them it would be to hard to say which would be best,.

i just done quick search mate and this is suppose to be a low odour auto short stuff#1.

its says low odour and very short plant, very discreet, could give that a try if you can find a seller, ill keep my eye out for others that say low odour mate

I always shoot for my temps between 75-80, 60 is a bit on the low side for daytime temps. It kinda seems like your night time temps would be real low then? How tall do you want them to be when finished and how tall are they now? Cold can definitely stunt growth but it doesn't seem to cold to cause that, maybe the night temps though? The BPN should help, we'll see! Thanks for looking up the strains, I think I'll do some northern lights if I give it a go.

Going the autoflowering route huh? Will this be your first one?

I'm currently growing a strain called Auto-Pounder, it was created by a group of growers in Spain that specialize specifically in Autoflowering genetics and have been doing so for over three years. The name of the company I believe is AutoSeeds.com. I am currently about 3 weeks in from seed and so far only one of my seedlings has really taken off like I expected... This is mainly due to my beginner mistakes, such as overhandling, overwatering, underwatering, high reserviour temps, and lack of general hydroponic knowledge to begin with.

But all of this is different now, I have learned a lot from my mistakes and feel much more comfortable with the system and therefore the plants also! I just germinated my last three of the initial 10 seeds that I bought about 3 days ago and I can vaguely see the first one peaking through the rapid rooter. Last batch I did I almost lost completely due to overwatering, but hopefully I know better now and won't make the same mistake twice!

The three survivors of the flood are still trying to recover from the stressful event that happened over two weeks ago. I'm afraid due to the short grow cycle associated with these autoflowers that although they are looking much better now and are now getting bigger, the damage may have a larger impact on the overall size of these three survivors when they are finished which will consequently lead to a less than impressive yield when all is said and done...

Yup I've never done anything other then clones, and started seeds several times but usually end up ditching them for clones lol. Hopefully you got everything under control and get a nice yield from your plants. I'm starting a DWC bucket next week. It's going to be WW and will be FIM'd and put straight into flower. I'll lollipop each arm that grows up. I'll be doing the same thing side-by-side with another WW but in soil/perlite (maybe just perlite/vermiculite) and both on BPN.

hey first timer, what lighting schedule are you using to flower them or are you doing it outdoor,

I personally do 18/6 or 20/4. I like to give them a little dark period whether or not which one is correct (I don't think there is a correct one). This saves on electricity, mostly why I do it. When I didn't grow a long time I put them on 20/4 because I hated waiting 6 hours to see them lol (which was during the middle of the day). If your talking about the autos I've read 18/6 is good but it can be 24/0 or even 12/12.

I didn't even notice you said auto flowers. Xlr8 grew a Greenhouse Big bang auto (Skunk x Northern Light x El Niño x Rudaralis), he said it smelled like citrus/sour apples but he didn't mention how strong the smell was. I suppose you could send him a PM. It was a fantastic looking plant and he said the smoke was great, and it yielded 4.7 oz. That is quite a bit for an autoflower. Heres his journal of it, the harvest is on page 47.

X Marks the Spot - XLR8's Big Bang Auto Hydro Grow 2011

hey first timer, what lighting schedule are you using to flower them or are you doing it outdoor,

I started my seedlings on a 24/7 for the first two weeks, then switched over to an 18/6 which is where I will remain through the veg cycle. Since they are autoflower I shouldn't have to try to force them into the flowering cycle. They should, hence the name, automatically do it without me changing a thing... I started with autos for this exact reason, because now since I only got 4 of seven seeds sucessfully going at this point, I still have a lot of unused grow space I would like to fill. Because I went with autos I can leave them on a 18/6 light cycle while they flower and continue growing the other 3 seeds I germinated a couple days ago... This provides me with better use of my grow area, and will also result in somewhat of a perpetual harvest. I could even try germinating my non-auto DIA seed or the other bagseed I found the other day and still veg them in 18/6 while the others flower in the same tent... Atleast that was the idea when I started all of this! lol

Can anyone tell me if this theory makes sense? Is it possible to veg and flower in the same tent at the same time if i do it like this, or will I more likely manage to mess things up???

I didn't even notice you said auto flowers. Xlr8 grew a Greenhouse Big bang auto (Skunk x Northern Light x El Niño x Rudaralis), he said it smelled like citrus/sour apples but he didn't mention how strong the smell was. I suppose you could send him a PM. It was a fantastic looking plant and he said the smoke was great, and it yielded 4.7 oz. That is quite a bit for an autoflower. Heres his journal of it, the harvest is on page 47.

Damn that's quite a yield, I was looking at the big bang autos earlier. I'll look at his journal and maybe send him a message. And yeah autos because I'll only be here maybe 8-10 more weeks and then I'm moving :)

Can anyone tell me if this theory makes sense? Is it possible to veg and flower in the same tent at the same time if i do it like this, or will I more likely manage to mess things up???

No your theory is totally correct. You can keep your lights at 18/6 and your autos will flower and your other normal plants will just veg.

nice bonzia tree's bro scrapped the scrog i see. i just picked up 20 4 gallon pots today :D preparing early MUAHAHAHAHA. i will go take some new pics and post for my grow journal. :D good growing

Yup I decided to get rid of it because the buds weren't really big enough to warrant the screen and it gave me some room for upcoming projects. And nice I sure wish I would have went for 4-5 gallon pots on these two WW's.

Yeah, I have read good things about the Big Bang auto strain, and if I do another round of autos after this one I plan on going with the Big Bang... I would have started with Big Bang autos but I had already purchased the Auto-Pounder seeds and couldn't afford to buy both at the time... Auto Pounder is also suppose to yield very well, but I have yet to find a single person that has tried growing them other than the creators, who I imagine are really good at what they do, so assuming that I could grow this strain as well as the creator seems a little too ambitious for my first attempt. If I pull half of what they say I can from these little buggers I should end up with a little over half a pound when all is said and done.

I was just getting ready to mention how autoflowering strains haven't been around for very long, and that it is relatively hard to find experienced growers that have attempted to grow these, esspecially in hydro. But sure enough looks like we may have a winner! Thanks stoned, I'm definitely gonna hafta check that thread out asap! If I can pull that kinda weight from just one of my plants I will be right on track...

Picture Update - Flower Day 42

Here are some new pics from right now:

IMG_08857.jpg

IMG_088411.jpg

IMG_08837.jpg

IMG_088113.jpg

I tried to re-enter these last 2 as my POTM entry but I guess you can't change the pics! :)

Screen_Shot_2012-04-07_at_10_16_03_AM1.png

IMG_086813.jpg

edit: k don't know why the pics are all small, sorry!

lookin' fucking incredible, bro. PROPS

Love the bansai too. Looks nearly identical to one of mine.

lookin' fucking incredible, bro. PROPS

Love the bansai too. Looks nearly identical to one of mine.

Thanks bro! Heres my little drying test bud I pulled yesterday. This makes me wanna pull a larger one and enter it for Nug of the Month contest:

IMG_0887.PNG

Looks solid the only thing i see that could be used for your next plants is dont trim the fan leafs so much down, you WILL be fine just next time keep a few big ones for support. other than that she looks fire :) Goodluck! and ask any question you need.

Thanks GMP

looks like sugar mmmmmmmmmmm

Re: Picture Update - Flower Day 42

Looks solid the only thing i see that could be used for your next plants is dont trim the fan leafs so much down, you WILL be fine just next time keep a few big ones for support. other than that she looks fire :) Goodluck! and ask any question you need.

Thanks GMP

Thank you for the kind words and info! I was given several different point of views when it came to defoliating and so I just went for it. I can tell I won't do it again but don't contribute the small bad size just to that. :thanks:

looks like sugar mmmmmmmmmmm

I know, I don't get how it's more frosty looking today then yesterday!

awesomeness bro! props for the bonzi effect :D

Thanks Kush they do look kinda cool :)

Back
Top Bottom