The Answer's Hydro Revelations

I am trying answer. I think this morning I might be feeling back to my old shitty self even though coughed all night. I am awake though and not sleeping.

Your plants look AWESOME! That stinkbud kicks butt! :goodjob:
+reps bro!

Thank you sir!!

I am trying answer. I think this morning I might be feeling back to my old shitty self even though coughed all night. I am awake though and not sleeping.

Well I'm certainly glad to hear you're feeling a little better. I worry about you! Do you take any kind of natural supplements?

Hey man that stinkbud system is looking pretty good. I got the plans for the jr. (6 plants) and was thinking of moving to something like that. Right now I am managing 3 reservoirs and want only 1 to maintain next time.

What is your favorite method? Seems like you have tried a lot of them :)

Well this is only my second run on the Stinkbud system, but I definitely like the single res for so many plants. For ease of use it wins hands down. It is the perfect setup for growing clones, in my opinion. I start my seeds in a DIY bubble tote, then move the mother plants into individual 5 gal. DWC buckets. Then I take my clones and a week or so later, move the mothers to flower. Eventually I might go straight stinkbud and build another flower system, but I want to get more experience before I do that.

I run a modified version of the stinkbud system and it really does work wonders! Nice setup. How many watts are you running in there?

Thanks for stopping in! It's a 600W HPS and I have some 65W CFL's for side light(which I haven't hung yet).

Answer, Is that the name of this system or is that just what you call it ? Did you design it or is it a typical setup ? I really would like to try something with a single res that wouldn't mean having to disturb the plants everytime you do a res change ...either what you are using or the table ebb and flow ?! You sure did a nice job on that setup !! :peace:

Answer, Is that the name of this system or is that just what you call it ? Did you design it or is it a typical setup ? I really would like to try something with a single res that wouldn't mean having to disturb the plants everytime you do a res change ...either what you are using or the table ebb and flow ?! You sure did a nice job on that setup !! :peace:

No it was designed by a former member of a different grow site. His name was Stinkbud and that's what everyone started calling his systems. All the plans and instructions for his systems can be found here: StinkBuddies.com

They are all very easy to build with supplies from the local hardware store. I am going to build his newest creation, the Stinkbud single.

single03.jpg

StinkBud_single01_1-01.jpg

I am assuming that plant was for demo purposes only!
single02.jpg

heya answer!! that stinkbud setup is cool and the gang, those last photos, is the hose attachment at the valve for draining? (prolly a dumb question lol)

heya answer!! that stinkbud setup is cool and the gang, those last photos, is the hose attachment at the valve for draining? (prolly a dumb question lol)

Sure is, he designed those into all his systems, so you can just use the pump to pump the old solution out. Very maintenance friendly!

Nice set of pics and directions Answer, thanks guy very interesting ...

I like that, so in that system the pump stays in through the whole grow unlike the Deep Water Culture?

These are aeroponics systems, so the pump is used to pressurize the pvc manifold and spray the roots with solution. They are run on a cycle timer at 1 min on/5 min off. The roots never actually hang into the solution, so they get the maximum amount of oxygen, in-between spray cycles.

I always look forward to your creativity. Looks good. Have you ever tried to go from clone to flower in the same system? I was thinking of leaving them in the cloner through flowering. Wondering about keeping the roots out of the pumps though. I am thinking some type of screen to hold the roots out of the water in the rez. Have to do sog due to the close quarters though. Any ideas?
Thanks for the help

Doesn't all that space let light in?

No Answer I don't take anything anymore. Everything scares me now cause my body is not normal anymore.

I got a huge olive oil burn on my arm and I am putting triple antibotic ointment on it since Sunday but I am done doing that even. I will let happen what happens.

Doesn't all that space let light in?

No Answer I don't take anything anymore. Everything scares me now cause my body is not normal anymore.

I got a huge olive oil burn on my arm and I am putting triple antibotic ointment on it since Sunday but I am done doing that even. I will let happen what happens.

You need to check this site out Nutritional Cleanse Detox , Whole Food Supplements, Herbal Remedies, Raw Foods - Health Freedom Resources. It changed my life and I think it could help you to!

I always look forward to your creativity. Looks good. Have you ever tried to go from clone to flower in the same system? I was thinking of leaving them in the cloner through flowering. Wondering about keeping the roots out of the pumps though. I am thinking some type of screen to hold the roots out of the water in the rez. Have to do sog due to the close quarters though. Any ideas?
Thanks for the help

You could flower in the cloner, especially if you rigged up a screen for the roots. I vegged in the cloner with no problems, just added an air stone. You could also just build the veg setup and clone, veg, and flower all in that. That would be the best option probably.

Hey answer you think you would be able to start from seed in that stinkbud single? Just run a feeder tube like in a bubbly system?

I wouldn't see why not! Should work just fine, since you are using the hydroton in that setup.

Back
Top Bottom