The Emerald City

I was wondering if anybody else would see that. I didn't until after upload and I also noticed its the faster shutter speed that shows more blur. Speaking about the first two pictures.

:nerd-with-glasses:

:thumb:
Is it only colour tone differences you see, or do you perceive a sharpness loss as well?

I was gonna ask about that, a bit lees sharp than the second one at 1/50. could it be a gust of wind/breeze?

It could be that and it was a little breezy yesterday, but my initial thought is the quality of the glass. The 50mm I have is a cheap one, cost was $75-$100. The 24-105 (itsa 105 not 135) is $1100.00. I would expect the quality of the glass to be much less in the cheaper lens. Lenses are pretty impressive as far as what they can do and such, but it always comes down to 2 things. Quality of glass and your film or CMOS Sensor. That stands for Copper Metal Oxide Semi-Conductor.

Like I said, I shop refurbished lenses too, my macro lens is a refurb and I may look into grabbing a used 50 mm cause I'm a stickler for a sharp image! I'll run the test a little more diligently next time, when I shoot the Kush Auto, her harvest date is set for the 31st of this month. 1 week more than the breeder recommends. Who knows maybe I'll check the trichs this time, she's the last of my autos for the foreseeable future. I'll look into getting the cameras internals set the same for both and do the same exposures as well, I'll process them the same too. I'll even use a tripod, fast shutter speed, and cable release.

Is one of them fixed and the other not? I know fixed lenses can be clearer because there is less glass :hmmmm:

But I thought you were talking about a change between pre-upload and post-upload - that’s where I have perceived a slight drop in sharpness, even when I had resized the images myself.

In any case...
also noticed its the faster shutter speed that shows more blur.
That makes more sense tho’, right? Unless there’s a motion-blur factor, a longer exposure of a still subject will always be sharper... I thought
getting the cameras internals set the same for both and do the same exposures as well, I'll process them the same too. I'll even use a tripod, fast shutter speed, and cable release.
:nerd-with-glasses: :popcorn:

In my days as a photographer, I never saw anyone test a lens for sharpness outside. Still subject, still lighting, still camera.

I was being lazy about it. A couple quick shots to see if it's worth it to further test. The pictures were taken within minutes of each other on AV setting. Setting was f14, camera chooses shutter speed. I did not think I'd have any pics under 1/60, guess I was wrong. As I said, I'll be more diligent when I shoot the Kush Auto. Everything you mentioned of course!

Is one of them fixed and the other not? I know fixed lenses can be clearer because there is less glass :hmmmm:

But I thought you were talking about a change between pre-upload and post-upload - that’s where I have perceived a slight drop in sharpness, even when I had resized the images myself.

In any case...
That makes more sense tho’, right? Unless there’s a motion-blur factor, a longer exposure of a still subject will always be sharper... I thought
:nerd-with-glasses::popcorn:

No, the 50mm is fixed, the 24-105 mm is not fixed.

I was testing both ideas at the same time. I noticed the drop in sharpness on the upload that my have been due to less contrast due to jpeg. JPEGS suck as they loose quality every time you open and save them.

There are many ways to shoot a subject it depends on your desired effect. If the lighting is correct and your exposure in the middle the only drop off you would see is a variance is Depth of Field. Assuming your shutter speed is the same for all exposures and you bracket using aperture. A still life bracketed can be done with shutter speed and your exposure changes but your depth of field will not. Now you can combine those two ideas as well.

EDIT: leavin town, back laytuh...

Stay Baked!

Hope you have an enjoyable & relaxing weekend. :)

This place in Big Bear is ridiculous!!! Pool table, pac man, outdoor kitchen (grilled steaks last night), awesome, would definitely plan a 420 event up here!

View media item 1698725

Looks like my type of vacation! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom