The Emerald City

noticed the drop in sharpness on the upload that my have been due to less contrast due to jpeg. JPEGS suck as they loose quality every time you open and save them.
Oohhh yeeeah... that’s be it. I shoot in RAW on the good camera
A still life bracketed can be done with shutter speed and your exposure changes but your depth of field will not. Now you can combine those two ideas as well.
:thumb: :thanks:

Glad to see you having a fully excellent time away! But is there table tennis!? Gotta have table tennis on holiday :D

Can't you keep a running total of what you've posted here?

Wavy came over yesterday for a late noon pool frisbee sesh. Short throws only but we expert level! I was looking over all the jars and thinking about oil/ hash, etc. Figured around 48 ounces conservatively, 16 x 3 = AHHHH YEAHHHH!!!!!!

Looks like my type of vacation! :cool:

Was a good time and the cabin was super chill total party pad. If you want activities there's a mountain of them up there, if you wanna chill then hang at the pad. Was great, gonna definitely go back!

A little cooler up there eh?

:passitleft:

30 degrees cooler from where I live. That's daytime to daytime!!!

Oohhh yeeeah... that’s be it. I shoot in RAW on the good camera

:thumb::thanks:

Glad to see you having a fully excellent time away! But is there table tennis!? Gotta have table tennis on holiday :D

Is there another camera setting I don't know about?

Wavy has a table at his house, we play all the time. I however have a pool table and rarely use it!

Plant pics later, but for now:

View media item 1699091
View media item 1699234
View media item 1699235
View media item 1699237
View media item 1699236
I love letting go and just hangin out...

View media item 1699225

We all enjoy life differently my man. You'd love it what a rush! There was an 80 something lady there too. Said this was her second time and that Las Vegas, Freemont St was her first. You know every rental by owner place I've gone to has had a rats nest of wires and electrical doodads. Owners trying to provide every media option but then no instructions on usage and 7 remotes on the coffee table 3 of them the same...

I swear to god the plant grew a solid 3"s if not more. Last Wednesday the plant was barely as tall as the lowest wire, now it's past it and I cant see the wire! And I still only see pistils on the Berry Bomb.

First 4 pics are Berry Bomb.

I'm not sure if one of these is the Peyote Critical from Shed but it's looking just like the Northern Lights and as you'll see in the last pic, blends right in.

The 3 tops of the PC are attached to the 3 sticks on the left. The rest of the pic is all about the NL. BTW: that first wire (tough to see) is lined up with the third cement line below the top brick.

Plant is growing crazy, not sure if I should top it, I don't want her over the wall. Recommendations? Beez? Amy? Anyone, Anyone, Anyone...

The 3 tops of the PC are attached to the 3 sticks on the left.
Your poor PC is getting swallowed up by the NL!
Plant is growing crazy, not sure if I should top it, I don't want her over the wall. Recommendations?
My guess is that it will eventually reach the top of the wall since it's still in veg. She's got a pretty nice shape - I'd hate to top her. Maybe supercrop a bit as Urban suggested, and stake/trellis some of the outer branches to spread her out horizontally.

Really what I would do is build a taller wall! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looks like a great weekend Age!
I however have a pool table and rarely use it!
We know!
F’ that. I’d stick to sitting by that huge fireplace
I'm hanging with DrD. Show us the zip line pics when you get back to the cabin. Someone has to hang out with the GSD...looks lonely!
Plant is growing crazy, not sure if I should top it, I don't want her over the wall. Recommendations? Beez? Amy? Anyone, Anyone, Anyone...
See how tall it gets and then supercrop it when it's close. If stem squeezing works then go with UA's suggestion...haven't tried it.
Really what I would do is build a taller wall!
Or that!

Is there any outside lighting back there? All my outside plants are much further in flower than yours. Unless the heat makes the process even slower...

Pinch the stems. Just to slow that vertical growth. Might have to do it once every few days. Rather than full on supercropping.

It's funny I walk outside and I tend to leave the indoor lessons indoor. Gotta change my thought process about outdoor growing. I'm just in amazement over the size of her!

Your poor PC is getting swallowed up by the NL!

My guess is that it will eventually reach the top of the wall since it's still in veg. She's got a pretty nice shape - I'd hate to top her. Maybe supercrop a bit as Urban suggested, and stake/trellis some of the outer branches to spread her out horizontally.

Really what I would do is build a taller wall! :cheesygrinsmiley:

The plant is facing south. I should have remembered from my study of moss... Sun goes right over the top but slides to the North later in the day and the PC gets just a bit less light. As the sun drops the taller side of the NL and the fucis block that low late sunshine. I'm gonna go with the SC'ing idea, There's not too much room to spread her out really, I've got plenty of stakes though so maybe I can train some of the lower leads.

Hmmm higher walls, that's an idea, I wonder if my neighbor will pay for that... of course he's not stealing my weed.

Looks like a great weekend Age!

We know!

I'm hanging with DrD. Show us the zip line pics when you get back to the cabin. Someone has to hang out with the GSD...looks lonely!

See how tall it gets and then supercrop it when it's close. If stem squeezing works then go with UA's suggestion...haven't tried it.

Or that!

Is there any outside lighting back there? All my outside plants are much further in flower than yours. Unless the heat makes the process even slower...

Indeed Shed, a great weekend it was. My 8 year old conquered fear of heights and volunteered to go first! She's awesome and totally caught me off guard, what a trooper!

You hang with doob and make sure to save me a bowl or two, you chain smoker...

Those dogs get plenty of love, I think they'd molest an attacker before hurting them! Such loving dogs and loyal too.

No, there is not any outdoor lighting to speak of. Tall trees on one neighbors side and against the wall on the other. I haven't put in the new outdoor lighting yet. so unless some light spill through blinds is keeping her in veg (I doubt it), it's not too bright at night.

No, there is not any outdoor lighting to speak of. Tall trees on one neighbors side and against the wall on the other. I haven't put in the new outdoor lighting yet. so unless some light spill through blinds is keeping her in veg (I doubt it), it's not too bright at night.
My plants are surrounded by outdoor landscape lighting and I've never seen any issues. I've got lights on the pergola about 15 ft away, light shining into my tree about 15 ft away and lights in the garden wall about 5 ft away. They automatically come on each evening and stay on til about 10:30pm (later if guests are visiting).

Yeah, I'll need to look at the old timer on the wall, I think it may have controlled the lighting before. I don't mind the photo cell for the front lights, but a timer in back is a great idea too. Now just another reason to use it, that would also eliminate the idea of solar light. All the wiring is in place just need the fixtures, E wall-ah...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Kush Auto is ready, I was gonna wait til tomorrow but she's ready today. Chop happening later today but for now I leave you with this question and a picture.

Does the resolution of a DSLR degrade over time and use?

Maybe it's my eyesight starting to fade and my need for glasses or my camera, but I'm not seeing the sharply focused images I'm accustomed to and it frustrates me greatly. I will continue to assume it's user error but I'm not doing that much differently.

There was nothing wrong with the resolution of that photo you just posted. That Kush Auto is beautiful!

I am 6 months into my first pair of glasses. I too am frustrated with the lack of sharpness in my images and don’t have the answer. The DSLR shouldn’t degrade but who knows.

I've been doing some reading up. Assuming you're correct maybe it's my lighting, but I try using the QB's, I try using the fluorescents and I'm just not seeing the result I'd like. I don't want to think it's the camera's and stuff. I did some reading about diffraction affecting focus. Have you gotten that far?

There was nothing wrong with the resolution of that photo you just posted. That Kush Auto is beautiful!

Thanks Beez! It's not the resolution per say, but how much I'm able to get into focus, which in my opinion isn't much. I'm wanting to get extremely close up pictures of the trichomes and everything I know about photography tells me I'm doing it the right way and I've got more than enough gear. As I said before back to basics, I just hate setting up the studio lights and all the crap, but maybe that's what I need to do.

I appreciate the feed back guys!!!! :thanks:

OK, Shed has dibs on your current camera, but I'll take the next one once you wear it out! :cheesygrinsmiley:
maybe it's my lighting, but I try using the QB's, I try using the fluorescents and I'm just not seeing the result I'd like.
In my limited experience, fluorescents do not make for very good lighting.

Absolutely, which is why every year you need to buy a new body and lenses and pass the old ones down to folks who don't have a DSLR.

But no, it doesn't. Our eyes certainly do!

There's a yes and no. The answer is yes but we probably can't see it without a microscope or something like that. So it's not easily seen, but it does happen at some level.

Hmmm, we may be able to work out a trade of something like that, what kind of camera and lenses are you using Shed? All this hinges on me getting a new camera at some point!

OK, Shed has dibs on your current camera, but I'll take the next one once you wear it out! :cheesygrinsmiley:

In my limited experience, fluorescents do not make for very good lighting.

They can actually produce some very cool effects but I think you're right.

I'm willing to trade weed for a good camera, anybody need some weed?

Back
Top Bottom