LUN01329.JPG
LUN01330.JPG

Nothing but healthy plants there. Nicely done.

Thanks Derby. The buds on the Liberty Haze look exactly like Barney's description. I can't believe how deep that purple is. I bet it's going to be twice as strong as the ChemDawg. LOL :hippy:

I decided to skip the Terpinator today and just gave the plants plain water. Hazel is drinking less now so she only got 2 gallons today. Chem is still going strong and drinking herself dry so 3 gallons for her. I checked the trichomes on the Liberty Haze since she is turning so yellow, thinking she might go 8 weeks instead of nine. However, despite the way she looks, they are all still clear. I didn't even bother checking the ChemDawg.

LUN01338.JPG
LUN01341.JPG
LUN01342.JPG
LUN01347.JPG
LUN01349.JPG
LUN01351.JPG
LUN01352.JPG
LUN01355.JPG
LUN01356.JPG
LUN01357.JPG

Oh that frosty goodness! I've got a UV light and I don't get that kind of frost. :(

Oh now you've gone and changed something...we're all doomed!

Well as far as UV light goes, someone started this myth that UVA light is more "healthy" for the plant than the more destructive UVB. So now everyone parrots this information on every forum talking about UV spectrum, and all of the commercial lights that I have seen use UVA diodes only. It is my belief that plants need to get injured by the UVB spectrum because that is what makes them build up their defenses in the first place. It's like someone saying "Hey when you go to the gym, it's better for your muscles to NOT get stressed when you weight lift."

LMAO I know right?

Do they make one set of pucks for each of the UVs?

Rapid LED makes a dedicated UVA led and a number of regular UV Leds. They don't specify what the actual spectrum is of the regular UV. I'm going to use a combination of both when I upgrade. Growmau5 has a puck on there but I'm not sure if it has UV or not.

No the Logic 100 board only contains deep red, I have three of these running.

So nice color you got on both plants, they look so juicy and yummy. :)

:yummy:

Thanks Crazy. I wasn't sure on the Growmau5 pucks. As far as the UV, Rapid says to contact them for "off board designs" but I don't know what that means.

Thanks Crazy. I wasn't sure on the Growmau5 pucks. As far as the UV, Rapid says to contact them for "off board designs" but I don't know what that means.

They probably have a surface soldering machine and make strips after your custom chip order. I think you should go easy on this UV and try out your blue and red more, the newer lights from big manufacturers don't contain UV spectrum's and I think it's a cause for this. Maybe they don't give u the edge as you might think you will get. Keep experimenting more with your R & B lights. Have you tried running them the entire light cycle or is this just before and after white light cycle?

Have you tried running them the entire light cycle or is this just before and after white light cycle?

During Veg I was running blue one hour before and red one hour after. During flower, I cut out the blue. The red comes on 5 minutes before, stays on the full day, and cuts out 5 minutes after.

See were this is going before investing in some grey area research. :)

I'm very skeptic about this UV light, at work we use UV light to kill all germs and viruses in the water. It works even better than Chlorine, so my experience with UV lights is that it kills all living but I guess there is degrees even in hell so some of it might even be good for them but as I said before UV kills organics.

See were this is going before investing in some grey area research. :)

I'm very skeptic about this UV light, at work we use UV light to kill all germs and viruses in the water. It works even better than Chlorine, so my experience with UV lights is that it kills all living but I guess there is degrees even in hell so some of it might even be good for them but as I said before UV kills organics.

Actually, UV light has already been proven scientifically to increase trichome production and potency in cannabis plants Crazy. And the UV light that is used in UV sterilizers to kill germs is actually UVC which is very destructive to living organisms

The chemdawg has started to change color now as well as the liberty haze. The colors are just amazing. Next week starts week seven. I can't believe how far we've come.

Here are some close ups.

LUN01448.JPG
LUN01449.JPG
LUN01453.JPG
LUN01455.JPG
LUN01456.JPG
LUN01457.JPG
LUN01459.JPG
LUN01460.JPG
LUN01461.JPG
LUN01462.JPG

Back